The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

April 26, methinks.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

5. Morning Star

I stopped around Zeo myself....but Linkara's History of the Power Rangers is actually a good way to check out what I've missed during the remaining Saban era and Disney-era....only to be returned to Saban.

6. orejon4

Ditto. Haven't watched an episode since my son outgrew them.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I stopped watching after they started coming up with all of these different titles

Vanilla power rangers was my shit

8. orejon4

Yeah, there were like 3 or 4 different titles running at once.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

These graphics in advanced warfare look crazy real

I'll de damned

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I wasn't into the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I thought Zordon resembled Kathy Bates in a stocking mask. I was more into the VR Troopers. I could follow that show easily. And the cast was diverse.

11. archangel

I liked vr trooper over power rangers too but I can't deny that the power rangers has buried every one of them in their graves. I mean over twenty years. Did anyone really think they would still be on?

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This shit is crazy like the simpsons

13. Morning Star

They initially wanted to end it with Power Rangers in Space because that was when the Andros (the Red Ranger for that team) discovered that Zordon was kidnapped and then he was told to destroy his energy capsule and release "all the good" in the universe.

But, the popularity of the show still remained, though it went into Disney territory with it's many incarnations, especially more interesting when they decided to film the show in New Zealand.

14. Morning Star

It was an okay show and the cast was likable at best, and they did a great job using three super sentai shows together. As far as diversity goes with both shows...well...there were only three characters for VR Troopers (white dude, black guy, and white woman), whereas the Power Rangers, in all the seasons, had a diverse cast and even three times were three black Red Rangers (which are considered the de facto leaders of the group) as of now.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Brandon Routh in the A.T.O.M. suit for CW's Arrow.

[​IMG]

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

17. Morning Star

Wow! I seriously hope that the TV-verse and Movie-verse of DC can come together for their own take of the Infinite Crisis story arc. And this looks incredible. Probably even more impressive looking than Ant-Man's costume.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Have you seen/heard about how they are doing the Trickster for Flash? Nice little nod to the 90's show coming.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I try to stay away from the media regarding flash and arrow season details, for obvious reasons, but I did see the tricker stuff :eek:

I do want to see how atom is implemented in arrow...wanna see how far down the rabbit they take him

20. archangel

wasn't brandon ... superman