The Doctor Who/Torchwood Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Jul 16, 2011.

1. qnet

qnet New Member

Yes she was. I've always had a thing for actresses of a earlier time. Jane Fonda, Kim Novak and Grace Kelly are some of my favorites.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. qnet

qnet New Member

That's interesting those are my favorites ones also.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Nicholas Courtney...

....aka Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I believe this is prior to Catherine Tate doing her stint as Donna Noble & yes, there is some Dr. Who related humor in this comedy skit.

[YOUTUBE]WxB1gB6K-2A[/YOUTUBE]

5. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

That one is hilarious, I first saw it a couple years back so I do think you're right about the timing. They are so good together, I wish I'd been able to get to London to see "Much Ado" this summer.

6. samwilson75

samwilson75 Active Member

Five Rounds Rapid, Bitches!!!

7. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Someone has a thing for blondes, huh?

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Thread Filler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

11. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Spoiler Alert

I thought so too. I'm familiar with not just Who and Torchwood, but some of Russell T Davies other work as well. He *always* has ulterior motives when he's writing/showrunning - he's always shedding light on something.

He's a sneaky bastard, I'll give him that too. Tying up healthcare with corporate control of government & holocaust imagery. Gee, RTD, let's not hit the audience over the head with fascism or anything.

At first I wasn't sure they'd go there, because...well, who would? Then I thought maybe they would but it seemed too..obvious in a way...but then I thought "No, even RTD wouldnt do that, would he?" And then they went there. I know a lot of long time fans are bitching about the Americanization of Torchwood, and I get that, I miss Wales a lot, but it's a done deal. At the heart though, it's still Torchwood - still has the same conceptual brilliance behind it. And as long as it also has Gwen Cooper, I'm happy.

12. qnet

qnet New Member

I don't know, the actresses I mentioned; I think it just may be a coincidence. However, every WW I've been involved with has been blonde so, maybe subconsciously I do. :smt102

I've been trying not to read what you guys say about the new Torchwood :)
    I might just breakdown and get Stars just to watch this season. Do they show repeat episodes were I could catch up?

If not, I may be able to order some earlier episodes through DirectTV.

13. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Yes, plus depending on your cable provider they are available "On Demand" so you can catch up.

Yesterday they re-ran all 5 episodes, and I'd imagine they'll do the same thing again. I'm really enjoying it!

14. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Absolut Doctor

:)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  15. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

As usual, Torchwood rocked tonight. It seems like in every episode of this series, Gwen gets at least one kick arse line.

16. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

DON'T BLINK!!

Whovian hilarity:

[YOUTUBE]Iu0ByH2fK4o[/YOUTUBE]

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I've been tempted a few times to find the actual Blink episode on youtube and post it up.

18. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Creepy stuff. The Weeping Angels and the Vashta Nerada are in my opinion, the scariest of the Doctor Who monsters.

I think Blink and Midnight are two of the best episodes of the David Tennant years for sheer scary.

19. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

The Vashta Narada are my all time favourite Villains and THE LIBRARY has to be the best place setting ever, those creepy nodes with the Human faces wow!

20. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Torchwood was fabulous - this was a Jane Espensen penned script.

Even John Barrowman, who I usually think does only a passable acting job, was excellent tonight.

Typical take-no-prisoners Torchwood style.

"You're Welsh. You wouldnt notice if the vowels were missing."