The Doctor Who/Torchwood Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]x0cyxb2kG9E[/YOUTUBE]

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Do-wDPoC6GM[/YOUTUBE]

3. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

No spoilers!

But Torchwood is ballsy television at its best.

4. qnet

qnet New Member

I have to skip through and read later. You girls/guys are awesome, I love torchwood and Dr who, especially torchwood. I watched the first season and the children of earth series. The new season is on stars and, I'm debatinig if I should sign up for stars or wait for it to come on netflix.

5. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

I think it comes out on DVD and I assume Netflix in November. My cable company offered me a deal - $10/month for a year, so I went with Starz and I'm glad I did.

While I really want to be River Song when I grow up, if I can't have that, I could settle for being Gwen Cooper.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

" I was saving her ass, you were just gravy."

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Trailer for one of the two theatrical Dr. Who movies starring the late great Peter Cushing that were based on the first two Dalek related episodes from the early days of the TV series before the Doctor was revealed to be an alien.

[YOUTUBE]QXINQRe7EFY[/YOUTUBE]

8. qnet

qnet New Member

Yeah, I like Gwen Cooper a lot. :heart:

That's cool, I didn't know Peter Cushing played DR WHO. I never got too deep into Dr who when I was a kid, it seemed too hard to follow & understand. I liked it but, didn't understand it. When the David Tennant incarnation of the Dr. came along I got into a lot. (also because I like Rose).

I start watching Torchwood after hearing about it on the IMBD forums. I liked the character Capt. Jack Harkness so much, that I went back and watched a bunch of Dr. Who episodes just to catch up on his backstory.

9. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

I loved that line. Rex's best so far, I think.

I have a friend I've known maybe 10 years online. Turns out she's a MASSIVE Whovian, has been for years...had the 7th doctor walk her down the aisle when she got married,.knows all the production folk (including Stephen Moffat if I remember correctly) She's trying to talk me into going to the Gallifrey Con in LA in February - says she'll "babysit" me and make sure I'm ok if the MS acts up.

I'm actually considering it. A break from Colorado weather in February isn't a bad idea. She keeps tempting me with meeting writers I like.

10. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Yeah, Gwen is cool. Wait till you see her all done up in a hot black dress in Miracle Day.

Tennant is a good friend of one of my best buddies in the UK, and I've had a bit of limited contact. He's a very nice guy, and one hell of an actor (and not bad to look at for a skinny white Scottish bloke).

I'm not as big a Captain Jack fan as a lot of people are. He isn't as...deep a character I guess. But he is a lot of fun. I know a lot of people are still ticked off that Ianto died in CoE, but I actually miss Owen more. Torchwood needed a bad boy, and Jack's just too bi-boy next door to qualify!

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Go. To. The. Con. Woman. :cool:

12. qnet

qnet New Member

I guess - for me at least - it was because he couldn't die and, I had wanted to know his connection to the Dr, after finding that out it wasn't such a big mystery anymore. His character didn't seem as strong the way he kind of worshipped the Dr. but, the DR is the star of the shows so, I guess that's the way it is.

Yeah, it sucked that Ianto died, he always seemed to be the level-headed one (most of the time). Owen was cool, he seemed like someone I could hang out with and, possiblely get in trouble with also LOL. I thought it was sad when Tosh died, she was a computer geek and, I had a soft spot for her also.

Oh and, I can't forget Martha Jones; good lord she's beautiful!! :smt049

I also agree, you should go with your friend to that event.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I kind of wish Martha had stayed on at Torchwood when they brought her in for that brief stint that she did on the show. It would have been nice to build & toughen her character up a bit more with Torchwood's darker and edgier escapades.

14. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Martha is ridiculously stunning. It's astounding that any human being can be that gorgeous. I thought she fit better into Torchwood than she did into Doctor Who, but that's the way she was written. Wish we'd seen more of her with Mickey.

I could have gotten into trouble with Owen myself.

The woman that played Tosh is American, or half American anyway, I think she did school over here. She's a friend of my Whovian friend. As was Lis Sladen, may she rest peacefully.

15. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

I'm thinking about it. I feel better knowing someone would keep an eye on me if I got sick.

16. qnet

qnet New Member

I hate to her that about that actress, I didn't know she had passed away. I agree with you both, Martha Jones did seem to fit well on Torchwood.

I remember reading somewhere that there was a Torchwood 4, the team before the one based in Cardiff. I think it said that their whereabouts were unknown and they had disappeared. I always thought it would be a cool idea to have a whole separate aventure/story about them. Heck, I skipped over this thread, this might have already been discussed.

17. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

This got posted to Twitter tonight, and it cracked me up. H8 is wibbly wobbly

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  18. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

My reaction to tonight's Torchwood, without spoilers:

Noo...they wouldn't go there. No. Wait...no,they can't. OMFG they went there!!

19. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Big Doctor Who and Torchwood fan myself, more so Doctor Who as it's a far superior show.

Miracle Day is a bit disappointing, they've been given a bigger budget quite obviously, but I don't think they've used it effectively and Torchwood has lost some of it's originality now, not happy about this permeating americanisation either.

Children of Earth was a much better multi part series and all they had was a lump of green goo and a massive aquarium + some decent Brit actors = fab series.
    Torchwood don't need Brandy and Monica's Hoe man or the washed out Bill Pullman, Jack Harkness is good enough for me.

Basically I'm dissapointed overall, my Brother aswell who's a big Torchwood and Doctor Who fan.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  20. jason852

jason852 New Member

WOw, This is called a perfect series, :)