The animal awareness thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by Unique4ever, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

2. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

3. Unique4ever

[YOUTUBE]XRs_oLMjIAA[/YOUTUBE]

4. Unique4ever

Sea Turtle Conservancy

[​IMG]

Floridians! We need your help! A very important plastic bag ban bill STILL isn't on the legislative agenda! The bill (HB 661 / SB 966) gives local governments control to enact plastic bag ban pilot programs. Plastics comprise up to 90% of floating marine debris, and up to 80% of the plastic in our oceans comes from land-based sources. Here's how you can help:

Please contact Rep. Goodson today and politely ask him to put HB661 on the Agriculture & Natural Resources Subcommittee agenda! Email: tom.goodson@myfloridahouse.gov Phone: 850-717-5050.

Please contact Senator Dean and politely ask that SB966 be put on the Senate Environmental Preservation & Conservation Committee! Email: dean.charles@flsenate.gov Phone: (850) 487-5005

More info at Florida Bags It, Surfrider Foundation Florida Chapter Network or: http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Secti…/Bills/billsdetail.aspx…

5. Unique4ever

6. Unique4ever

I don't know if anyone else loves manatees as much as I do, but this video just made me laugh so damn hard, I had to share :smt043:smt043:smt043

[YOUTUBE]yLmfgK8adXk[/YOUTUBE]

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

8. Unique4ever

I think I read about her. We need more people like that :heart:

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

She's my Shero.

Funny you say that at your last line....just saw this on my feed today

http://vetpaw.org/...

Excerpt..

.SAVING LIVES, SAFEGUARDING THE FUTURE

VETPAW provides meaningful employment to post-9/11 veterans, utilizing their expertise to train and support Africa’s anti-poaching rangers to prevent the extermination of keystone African wildlife, and the disastrous economic and environmental impact it would have

10. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I'm going to be honest, I laughed so hard I might have peed myself a little.

11. Unique4ever

I'm used to people rolling their eyes, making fun of us or even verbally attacking us.
    At the end of the day I go to bed feeling damn proud of being an animal lover and activist.

[YOUTUBE]Lkx23jgApac[/YOUTUBE]

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

My beautiful sister in activist arms,

l used to be able to with my Galaxy but with my new phone, I can't see YT vids on this forum...so l missed your recent vids. (some phones can't see Webbie's YT setting ) ...can you also include the regular link for us. I want to see your vids!! :smt022

13. Unique4ever

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

15. Unique4ever

Me neither, I only posted it for the LOL factor.
    Her screaming is just hilarious :smt043

16. Unique4ever

Stop Skinning Snakes Alive for Fashion

Target: Tom Vilsack, Secretary of Agriculture for the U.S. Department of Agriculture

Goal: Ban the cruel skinning of reptiles for fashion in the United States.

Reptiles are being skinned alive and used for high-end fashion materials by clothing makers.
    This practice must end; it is unethical and heinous.
    The process of skinning snakes is horrific.
    The snakes are often nailed to trees or wooden planks and flayed alive; it is believed that cutting the reptile open while it is still breathing creates a more supple end-product.
    The bodies are then tossed in the garbage but it can take hours for them to actually die.
    Alligators are skinned by either being shot in the head or having their heads beaten in with a large hammer and then the skin is chiselled off slowly and painfully.
    Lizards are decapitated and their skin is removed by hand while they are left to die of their own accord.

The only reptiles protected from these practices are endangered species and these laws are often not enforced.
    The Animal Welfare Act is supposed to protect animals from abuses, but this sadly does not appear to be the case.
    Only warm-blooded animals are protected; reptiles are cold-blooded and are not covered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture or by the Animal Welfare Act.
    The government looks the other way while these innocent animals are tortured for vanity.
    Fashion and monetary gain are not reasons to punish helpless reptiles.

Sign the petition below to prevent the revolting practice of skinning of reptiles.

http://animalpetitions.org/84736/ban-the-skinning-of-reptiles-for-fashion/#gf_1

17. Unique4ever

Suspend Kristen Lindsey's license to practice veterinary medicine permanently!

[​IMG]

Texas veterinarian Kristen Lindsey posted an image of herself holding up a cat she'd shot with a bow on social media with bragging commentary. Her employers at the Washington Animal Clinic fired her immediately, but it shouldn't stop there. Ms. Lindsey's cruelty indicates that she isn't fit to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Texas or elsewhere, and she should be investigated and barred from practice immediately.

We trust our pets with veterinarians every day with the knowledge that licensing boards evaluate candidates carefully for both characters and competency. The thought of leaving our animals in the care of people who will treat them this inhumanely and viciously is terrifying. Send a clear message to any other would-be animal tormenters that this kind of behavior is unacceptable in the state of Texas.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/334/...-to-practice-veterinary-medicine-permanently/

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Signed. She came up on my feed a cpl weeks ago. Was very satisfied that she was fired.
    However, this petition nails it - she should not be allowed to be a vet ever again.

19. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

20. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

damn! I wish she would come up on my feed I would be more than happy to shame her...this is just enough to make me want to hurt someone...how could you do something like that and actually stand and smile for a picture...BITCH:(