Tennis Season is ON!! Roland Garros

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tuckerreed, May 30, 2006.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Damn! You need to have a program with post-match analysis! LOL:toimonster:

2. orejon4

flaminghetero: what do you have to say about Tsonga now after he handed Federer a ticket for his return flight to Switzerland?

3. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

Can we finally drop this recurring meme of Federer being the greatest of all time? For goodness sake, the man played against a very weak group of players in his prime. To think that Sampras won 14 Grand Slams against the field he was up against (Agassi, Ivanevic, Courier, Becker) etc., speaks volumes. Since Rafa and Djokovic started to peak, Roger has been struggling against them. The truth is, Federer has reached his peak and isn't likely to get better. He might still win a few titles, but it's going to be harder from here on out.

4. orejon4

Agreed. He is no Sampras. And definitely no Borg.

5. orejon4

Got to meet Mark Phillipoussis last week. I was in St. Louis visiting family and he's playing here all month for their WTT team the St. Louis Aces. VERY cool guy. He gave me his autograph for my son and we bought each other a shot. Good times.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

haha...Sampras4lyfe

7. orejon4

He is the man. Never got to see him play live, though. One of my regrets. Or Borg either (the reason I started watching tennis in the first place). Or Ashe.

8. orejon4

Mark Phillipoussis and my son

He was cool. Signed a tennis ball for my son, too!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  9. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

my friend jen and james blake. australian open 2012

10. orejon4

Maybe James should hold off on marriage for now... :cool:

11. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

i soooo jaisee that. he has his pick with the ladies down under

12. orejon4

He's got a cute fiancee, but it looks like he may still have some wild oats to sow...

13. orejon4

Speaking of James Blake, he's currently up 1-nil in the first set against Nicolas Davydenko at Sony Ericsson. Let's keep our fingers crossed. He needs to stay aggressive and he can pull this off.

By the way, I hate starting new threads for every stray thought that comes to mind. Any way anyone know of to change this to a generic 'Tennis' thread?

14. orejon4

Congrats to Djokovic and Radwanska on their incredible wins at Sony Ericsson - Miami!

15. orejon4

Watching Jo-Willy keep Federer at bay. This could be his turn to win a slam...

16. orejon4

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Well, he lost in the end, but he played a fantastic 5-set match, forcing Federer to play two tie breaks and serving more than three times the amount of aces. Hats off to both men and a salute to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, a force to be reckoned with who is only going to get better.

17. orejon4

Can't believe Djokovic was shut down in straight sets by Murray. I really didn't think Murray had it in him.

18. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

Not really a tennis fan, but I could definitely learn to love it in due time!!!

19. orejon4

Watching the women's draw could definitely help with that! :)

20. orejon4

I know he's not a professional, but...

I have to say a rousing "Big Up!" to my son in his 1st Place finish today! Go get 'em, Champ!

[​IMG]