Taking your White Girlfriend or Wife to a Black owned spot

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Mrmike757, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Carolyn

Carolyn Member

Love the food and love to be with black man anywhere he wants to take me - only issue is the occasional icy stare

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed, and unfortunately I don't see that going away during our lifetime. Sadly, I let this hold me back from pursuing WW when I was a young man. I'm glad I got over that crap:).

3. Carolyn

Carolyn Member

me too - and a lot of other WW I'm sure ;)

4. DudeNY12

I'd bet much that your pretty self has caught the attention of many a BM :). I have an ex-coworker whom I've battled with many times on the issue. Sometimes we still battle about it on FB. In summary her her argument is that "the good ones" (both wealthy athletes/celebs) and non-wealthy disrespect them and our mothers/sisters because we "abandon" BW to be with WW.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

If you want to be concerned about something on here, it might be better to think some of the bs stereotypes you are fueling in things you've posted about white women and black men.

(edited to change my comment regarding this - after reading Tams post, clearly the post I thought Carolyn was referring to was not the one I saw. However, my above comment still stands)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  6. DudeNY12

Her use of "abandon" is directed at any BM who chooses to date a WW in a LTR, and especially those who are married to WW as they're essentially off the market. In her mind, he basically has an obligation to marry a BW, or at least a woman of color.

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Your comment about why your post was reported and edited is complete bullshit. The site guidelines exist for a reason; respect and abide by them or you won't be here long.

8. Mrmike757

Mrmike757 Well-Known Member

My only problem is the service in most black own food spots, the service is sub par. A few soul food places I've been to have been on point. I want to support but I'm like damn can I get good service? I'm in San Diego and there aren't a lot of those places around, so I have to cook my own soul food.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Carolyn's getting in a little trouble but I'm loving her posts :D :D :D :D

10. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I bet you do.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

Are you really that bored??

12. K

K Well-Known Member

that's not unique to Black owned. Some here have good service, others don't. A lot went under when the economy fell.

I go to a Persian place I really like and the other day I brought a friend of mine who hadn't been before. I was telling her before we went in...the service sucks, just part of how it is. They know me there and are super nice to me and will do all sorts of extra things for me but I swear you are going to wait for your tea to be refilled, or your check, or whatever. Never fails, some sort of waiting and waiting. A friend of mine says - they bring you things you didn't ask for and not bring you things you did ask for...it's just part of it all. But it's the only place in the area and the food is really good.

13. Mrmike757

Mrmike757 Well-Known Member

Lol the things we go through for places we love. I have a lounge I go to here I'm a regular at, they love me and hook me up. But there are days they are super comfortable with me and slouch on. Thing is they know when I'm not happy with them and give me something to make up for it.

14. RicardoCooper

I'm good on the "pedantic-question-everything-endless-debate" white woman let's have more of the "I love black dick and here's why" white woman lol

15. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh hell, we used to have real conversations (rather than just the playing it up for attention) about that and we got shit about that too.

16. DudeNY12

Well, damn:)

17. RicardoCooper

It's a big world. There's room for both if you ask me

18. K

K Well-Known Member

lol you know we'll always have THOSE conversations.

19. K

K Well-Known Member

Sometimes...it's just worth it. Others, not so much.

I tell you though, a couple of times I think they must have had someone else in there cooking and I was like oh hell no - if the food goes down hill, I'm out.