Starbucks: How to fix?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by DudeNY12, Jun 22, 2018.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

2. jaylon

jaylon Member

starbucks coffee really sucks....i remember as a college student one day drinking starbucks coffee, my stomach got
    upset the rest of the day..

3. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

It’s been a very very very long time since I have been to Starbucks. There are too many less expensive, better and local options around.

I used to go there because I had a friend who was in love with all things American.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  4. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Starbucks either, but I'm a total coffee addict so any kind of boycott would be unthinkable lol.
    I remember in New York once standing in the queue I read the small print about how much fat and sugar are in their different toppings & flavourings and was horrified.
    Skinny flat whites only from then on for me, no matter which brand.
    As Madeleine said though, if there's a choice I wouldn't normally pick Starbucks. Other places are better. Coco di Mama or Harris & Hoole are my usuals.

5. Madeleine

I like Italian coffee, I go for cappuccino or espresso. Sometimes latte macchiato if it’s for breakfast. Thankfully Italian migrants have been doing a great job in the past 50 years teaching us the meaning of coffee. So one can get good coffee at every corner. All those frappes and fancy mixtures with mint, pumpkin and strawberry don’t really make sense to me, especially for the price and sugar content.

6. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Yes, there are much better options than Starbucks.
    I think some people just go for everything American.
    Another American idea which seems to be catching on is lots of ice in everything. No good for your stomach.

7. Madeleine

Ice cubes are evil! Lol
    They do it mostly in fastfood and chain restaurants though, not in local restaurants. Do they serve a glass of water with coffee in Cafés in France? I like that a lot, makes a lot of sense to me.

8. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Yes they do.
    Everyone has their own coffee taste.

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

10. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

exactly. Hard to fight market forces. I don't hate starbucks, but I've never understood why their coffee was considered worth $5 a cup.

How to fix? Starbucks should lobby for weed legalization & start mixed, progressive, coffee/cannabis/music bars... :cool:

11. Madeleine

You want to turn Starbucks into an Amsterdam coffee shop?:D

12. redlolly

Now that marijuana is legal in the U.S. it may not be that far off.

13. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Everybody bitches about Starbucks but I like them, White Chocolate Mocha is my favorite flavor. Plus the prices keep the riff-raff to a minimum

I remember 10+ years ago the paps would show Britney Spears getting a Frappucino every morning so all the little girls did the same

I had several in my area, but they all closed. I think they owned the buildings and land so it would be easier just to lease it to somebody else

I was reading that the plan is to open stores in less urban areas that maybe never had a Starbucks before

It's for the best because now I'm spending my money on a cheaper coffee lol

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It's only legal in a few states and because we have a government that doesn't respect state rights it is not happening anytime soon.

State rights is the key to a divided nation moving forward.

Too much ignorance, pettiness and hand holding for American cultures to be enlightened as Europe anytime soon.

15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Preach

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Nah, it's because the usual suspects haven't found out how to make a buck off legalizing marijuana.
    Once conservative Red state governors and congressman get in front of the money train, weed will be legal everywhere.

Probably less than a decade.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Really? So that's the mystery product? Nevada can tax selling ass but everyone else is too stupid to tax a product that requires land and space?

So marijuana is too much of a mystery to apply zoning laws, tax, and licenses that they require for every thing else? Even tho infrared and Dogs can pick up on it from miles away?

Lol

18. redlolly

Not all of Europe. It's still illegal here in the UK, although given the lowest classification, and many police forces openly state they won't prosecute for possession or personal use.
    I don't smoke it myself but my BF does and I'll have the occasional puff. Ridiculous the politicians are so terrified they just walk away from the millions per year they could generate in tax.

19. Madeleine

Same.