Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2021-03-03-14-01-52_(1).jpg

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

What's the consensus on this forum & Star Wars fans in-general on which is better trilogy, the Prequels or the new Disney trilogy?

I grew up on the prequels, so I'm just naturally biased in favor of the prequels.

5. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean much like you I grew up on the prequels but didnt start liking it much until the two Clone Wars Cartoons and later on, I did like the EU and has seen the OT before. I had a lot of friends in Middle School and High School who were big EU fans.

The prequels, i mean at least its the original creators vision and had better fight choreography. In the Sequels the most relevant black dude was (no offense meant to John Boyega who got screwed) a bumbling janitor cuck who couldnt even beat a stormtrooper....in the prequels the most relevant black dude was going toe to toe with Darth Sidious.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I grew up with the original trilogy and obviously love them the best. However, between the prequels and the Disney sequels, I'd have to give the nod slightly to the prequels, Unlike Disney, George Lucas knew how to create an understandable story.

7. thwurefet5

thwurefet5 New Member

I grew up with the prequels as well, but I actually saw Episode IV before those. From an all-around standpoint, I like the original trilogy the most. I’ve come to enjoy the prequels more after watching The Clone Wars film and TV series.

I hate the sequel trilogy.The Force Awakens was okay except for the bait-and-switch with Finn and the largely derivative arc of the story. It was a fun waste of time. I walked out of the The Last Jedi about halfway through and haven’t bothered to see the The Rise of Skywalker. Perhaps my feelings will change over time. However, right now those films, from plot to direction to characters and VFX, have no redeemable qualities to me.

I did like Rogue One. That felt like Star Wars. The worlds were lived in and the characters felt both hardened and complex. They didn’t attempt to over complicate the story. And the effects were solid, save for that weird Leia thing at the end.

Solo was bad overall (I’d give it a 6/10), but clearly was affected by production issues. If that movie gets pushed back to allow for more time to fix things, it would have been much better I think.

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Star Wars: The Bad Batch Characters Trailer

9. ColiBreh1

Uhhh...6/10 (or 3/5) is actually above average. It's not uncommon for a movie be just above average and still be an entertaining film. So based on your score you don't really consider "Solo" to be a bad film.

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

If Scarif had a planet-wide force field and could only be accessed through one choke point...

WHY DIDN'T THE FULLY OPERATIONAL DEATH STAR HAVE THE SAME KIND OF FORCE FIELD?

11. RicardoCooper

Between the prequel and sequel trilogy, the prequel beats the sequel hands down. The prequel trilogy was awful but at least we got Darth Maul, Mace Windu and some decent set pieces here and there. All the sequel trilogy gave us was a remake of "A New Hope", a Mary Sue and a cuck black dude who was there for no reason. And it killed any hope of seeing the originals all together one last time. Even Hamill Himself hated it. I didn't even see The Last Jedi. And as I've said on here before Solo lost me with the "pansexual" Lando, always targeting the Black Man with that mess, I never even watched it.

The Mando renewed my faith in Star Wars.

12. Skaddix

I mostly agree.

My faith in star wars wont be made up until we get a black male character that makes up for Finn. We deserve reparations lol. Look at the minorities in the Sequel Trilogy...the cucked black comic relief, the dommed latino drug dealer and the nagging asian chick wearing a bag lol. From OT Lando running his own city and being bfs with Han Solo talk about cool and the badass Jedi Master Mace Windu who can duel the Emperor to fucking black man who cannot even beat stormtrooper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. RicardoCooper

Well don't look now but in the High Republic all they're getting is woke non-binary LGBTQ characters. I say "they" because I won't be reading any of it. There's a media war against straight Black Men, don't hold your breath waiting for good a Black male character.

14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

17. ColiBreh1

Co-sign on the Mando series. I surprisingly enjoyed it so much, it's what finally got me into checking out "The Clone Wars" '08 animated series. Glad to see "Star Wars" isn't making the same mistakes with their recent TV shows that "Star Trek" did.

I just started on season 3 of "The Clone Wars" over the weekend. Is this "Bad Batch" show supposed to be about the Team Domino screwups introduced in first couple episode of clone wars season 3?

18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1620178213232.jpg
    FB_IMG_1620178216936.jpg
    FB_IMG_1620178222465.jpg
    FB_IMG_1620178226676.jpg
    FB_IMG_1620178230139.jpg

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think we all kind of suspected this was true, but the man in charge of the novelization of Star Wars The Force Awakens said during an interview that his original draft of the novelization made it very clear that Finn and Rey were headed for a romantic relationship, but Lucasfilm/Disney nixed it. The author Alan Dean Foster said it was pretty obvious to him from what he read and saw that they were meant to get together, but Disney had other ideas.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/s...inn-romance-last-jedi-retcon-book-1234607015/

20. Skaddix

I mean I think there is plenty to suggest KK and RJ are pretty fucking Racist lol. I am sure they will blame China.