Sir Webmaster

Discussion in 'General Site Information - Guidelines' started by Alinoa, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

I haven't seen this requested anywhere and am not exactly sure how amenable to this you might be..

I wanted to ask kindly if you could join in with other websites planning a blackout in response to CISPA currently making its way through our government at the moment.
    The plan is that websites go black for 24 hours starting on the 22nd of April starting at 6am to protest this act which is seeking legal permission to require websites to turn over identifying info of the people who use it without notifying said people before hand.

Anonymous is behind this and is asking all social media sites to partake. They are also asking individuals to ask that the admins at other sites to follow suit.

CISPA probably will pass. Obama can veto it but at this point I'm not sure he would.
    Before Americans lose every single freedom we may have it would be a nice show of solidarity if a large portion of the World Wide Web threw up a huge middle finger to our elected officials.

Thank you for your consideration to this matter.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm with you sister

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

you people got something to hide?

4. The Dark King

Apparently you do faceless wonder :cool:

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

im just sayin

if u got nothing to hide and dont be living a dirty life, u got nothing to worry about

and i have to hide my face

some of the people here are pretty vindictive

6. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

True. Don't put nothing out there if your afraid.

7. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

This act is in direct violation of the 4th amendment of the constitution.

I know the current fad is all about the 2nd amendment. But there are other amendments.

This act directly challenges those.

So no, you are not perfectly fine if you have nothing to hide.
    You know how you'd be pretty fucking pissed off if the police showed up to your house and demanded entry to search without cause and no search warrant?

That's this..only they show up at your house based on what you do on the Internet.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

im sure its not that simple...unless i was suspected of doing illegal/questionable shit over the internet (shit i live in an apt where my landlord can come up in here in emergencies)

court still exists you know, regardless of what shit they pass and unless the city/gov want lawyers/yahoo/youtube digging in their ass over some bullshit.....

either way i dont have shit to hide

no ones staying here illegally and i dont have like scratched off serial numbers on guns

everything is registered, prescribed and legal

9. The Dark King

the jews didn't have anything to hide either

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

really man

you're going to compare the plight of jews to this (thereby comparing Nazi Germany to US in the process)

ur just as bad as people comparing obama to hitler or Stalin

:smt005

11. The Dark King

no because it starts with simple shit. With jews it started with pictures of rats

12. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Nazi-Germany???

13. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Do what you like, petty.

If you want to believe the gubermint of these here United States won't bend you over and ass rape you go right ahead.
    Do me one favor though.
    Take a look at the amount of taxes you paid on your last paycheck.

Now think again.

That's right.

The government is NOT currently fucking you over.
    Here, have another glass of kook aide Hun.

This bill is the patriot act for the webs.

If you some how think that the patriot act doesn't infringe on your personal freedoms simply because you don't personally violate a (known) law..

Sweetie..I absolutely believe a cache of military style weapons is not the answer here. I also certainly believe that the government is not your friend.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Read back a few posts please

15. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

as long as you are referring to Germany between 1933-1945 all is ok..I`m just saying it, because some people cannot see the difference to Germany today

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i see

and yes the discussion was looking at the period of jewish persecution in germany vs modern day US

17. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Web freedom goes with freedom of speech and the thought that a innocent person can't be caught are incorrect especially after a sweep. There is no way the USA would be in league with say China or any dictatorship. Hitler's and Stalin's rule along with North Korea etc will be a reality if there are no safeguards to those new net rules.

18. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

Sorry I missed this. I read something briefly about it but not in depth.

No one has to worry about this site doing that or selling their information for a profit. I've been approached by other companies who've offered to buy email lists from this site.

19. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Solidarity.