Shawn Carter aka Jay-Z

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by JamahlSharif, Mar 11, 2013.

1. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

The reason why I look up to this man has nothing to do with rap music or "swag" (which isn't a part of my every day vernacular, I can't stand the word)

This is why he is my idol:

Jay-Z serves as co-brand director for Budweiser Select and collaborates with the company on strategic marketing programs and creative ad development. He provides direction on brand programs and ads that appear on TV, radio, print, and high-profile events. He is also expanded his 40/40 Club sports bar in as many as 20 airports, as he makes deals with his business partners, Juan and Desiree Perez. He is a part-owner of the Brooklyn Nets NBA team, having paid a reported $4.5 million for his share. He encouraged the team's relocation to Brooklyn's Barclays Center (from New Jersey) in the 2012–2013 season, at which point the team took on the Brooklyn Nets moniker. In October 2005, he was reported in English media as considering buying a stake of Arsenal F.C., an English soccer team. He has also invested in a real estate development venture called J Hotels which recently acquired a $66 million mid-block parcel in Chelsea, New York. Jay-Z and his partners are contemplating constructing a high-end hotel or an art gallery building on the newly acquired site which has the potential to go up about twelve stories. Through his company Gain Global Investments Network LLC, he had an interest estimated between 2 and 7% in the Aqueduct Entertainment Group (AEG) consortium, which in January 2010 was awarded a contract to operate a 4,500 slot machine at the Aqueduct Race Track.

2. FRESH

FRESH New Member

He is a good businessman thus far, and has even more potential to grow which is exciting. I know nothing about his personal and social life which would preculde me from naming him an idol.

You should meet him if you already haven't. I have some tips about "average" people meeting "high powered execs." It has worked for me twice (Warrne Buffet, not a far cry, and billionaire hedge fund manager John Paulson). I'm working on a couple others.

3. JamahlSharif

Being a 30 something year old from NYC, as a black man, he's an inspiration. And I know nothing of his personal life either, and doubt I ever will, as he is extremely guarded. He and Warren Buffet are actually really good friends. I'd probably cry like a little school girl if I met either of them.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Met him once at 40/40's opening back in 03. Dude is alot shorter than he appears on tv. Very guarded his bodyguards wont even let you look at him directly and these dudes are like 6'11 7footers. The only reason we met was he was walking and almost bumped into one of my female friends and I pulled her out of his way. He tapped my elbow as a thank you gesture pointed to the girl at the bar and she gave me and my crew of fifteen some drinks. Really cool gesture I wont forget it.
    He is an inspiration just wish there were more like him in other industries. You look up Magic Johnson another monster business man. Dude is worth half a billion dollars. Same thing with Jamal Mashburn.

5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Not a fan of his music but one can't doubt the man's business acumen. That being said, hitting a woman per below is never acceptable on any level.
    :smt018

[YOUTUBE]MzQPPno6PmA[/YOUTUBE]

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn when the hell was that? Well Im sure she was paid.

7. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Lol. I'm jus imagining you, pretty big masculine black dude (no homo), screaming at the top of your lungs like a 14 yr old white girl lol

8. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]0ePQKD9iBfU[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

^^^^ Go Nas

You didn't know? It's why he was called a complete hypocrite when he refused to forgive Chris Brown. People were like, you hit females too, you aren't any better.

Plus he as a former drug dealer...alluded to having murdered another drug dealer in his 60 Minutes interview. I was never impressed with him.

10. JamahlSharif

he shot his brother over drugs. no man is perfect. but as the UN's water ambassador he brought fresh water to that same girl's village. but what he did is inexcusable nonetheless

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Did his brother survive? But you say 'no man is perfect" like that's an 'oh well" thing to do, to shoot your brother.
    That's wonderful that he brought water to her village, but even more disturbing that he would do that..considering he brought water there. I'm sure the U.N were mortified.

12. JamahlSharif

No his brother lived. And this incident happened prior to his work with the UN. Bliss, honey, did I not say what he did was inexcusable? What I mean is people make mistakes. Lord knows I've made my share. Never hit a woman though. But it's hard to empathize with coming from the environment we come from, unless you actually come from a similar one or are privy to how it can effect people from inner cities. What he has become despite those things is nothing short of remarkable.

13. free816

free816 New Member

You going to hell

14. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

[YOUTUBE]g2kri7sWFKU[/YOUTUBE]

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

(I thought you meant hitting the girl @ inexcusable.)

Yes I agree, he has come up incredibly from where he began.

I see. Interesting. Explanation.

Kick-ass beat and chorus, btw.