Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I hear you, but these are grown people so it is also needless to do something that makes you uncomfortable. Bottom line is if she can have no nudity clause in her contract she can make the decision not to do it all together. Remember she wasn't nude she was in her underwear and a T-shirt. The guy was nude. I wouldn't hire her if I was making a movie where there is a sex scene because it is obvious it makes her uncomfortable to be filmed doing sex scenes to the point that she has to render herself delusional thinking that it's private.

I'm not even going to take a chance especially in THIS era hiring somebody that's like that, brotha. I understand people need to be comfortable to do really anything, that's just common sense. But psyching your mind to feel comfortable isn't really making you comfortable; it's just making you think you are when you are actually not.

lol. We are talking about un-simulated sex here where the only real intimate contact that is happening is the kissing. Unless you have a significant other or they're just throwing you together and not allowing you to get to know your co-star in the scene I don't find that difficult for an ACTOR, THESPIAN to do. Especially when you are covered the way she was and when they are nude they have things covering their private parts or sometimes nude panties on. I think some of this have to do with it being trendy to complain about these things.

I remember when sextapes became popular and there were stars out there purposely putting out sex tapes to recapture their fame and make headlines. There is a bunch of monkey see, monkey do in hollywood. I totally understand with making the performers comfortable because that's common sense but she was never comfortable and she was just trying to pretend to be comfortable and Frankie Shaw found out the hard way.

I know logic is lost on a lot of people, but it ain't lost on me so that's not my fault. If I ever made a movie or a TV show that has nudity and sex scenes in it I'M taking the proper pre-cautions to make sure I have actors that have no problems filming them and can be professional WHEN filming them. You have to make sure the performers are comfortable, but at the same time the performers themselves have to be willing to actually be comfortable. Meet me in the middle. lol.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Lol I get it. Actors and other artists are notorious for being eccentric and volatile, so this nudity thing didn't shock me. But uncomfortable is uncomfortable I guess.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Quite obvious she's a sex offender now. Dumb thot.

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Forcing sex = sexual assault
    No doubt.

6. meowkittenmeow

Technically she was known to be one since she made that statement in 2017. But, she mentioned “niggas”, and we all know feminists don’t care about black male rape survivors (or black men in general).

7. darkcurry

I finally read what she said and that sounded disturbing as hell. But I think the defense people are using with her is that she had to do what she had to do to survive. So I guess rape and drugging innocent people that didn't do anything to her is okay as long as you are trying to survive. :rolleyes:

8. meowkittenmeow

To be fair, that is something I commonly hear among black feminists and sex worker feminists. I always found that interesting that although a vast majority of single people are capable of surviving without having to drug, rob, and rape people, somehow these particular women just “had to to survive”. The thousands of women who join the military, the millions of women currently working in retail, the tens of thousands in nursing school, but somehow, these particular women have to rob, rape, manipulate, and drug people to survive. It’s the dumbest excuse in the world. They give this impression that they were lowly peasants in some game of thrones scenario or something.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Sorry defense when strippers make good money. If she could trick dudes into getting hotel rooms for her then she had enough pull to make good cash at the club.

This one dude said at that spot she worked at in the bronx, all them chicks were selling ass and that's why they closed it down. Ain't that offsets chick, lol. Lame ass nigga.

10. darkcurry

Have she ever admit to prostituting?

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not that I know of but at this rate no telling what may surface lol

12. meowkittenmeow

13. darkcurry

Yeah, I wonder because if that is the case then there is a big chance she just made that shit up to cover for her ho-ing. Because you have to wonder why didn't she have a hit put out on her or at least got the shit beat out of her after doing dudes like that. Especially with the transsexual stories she told. Who are these guys that just walked away from it and went on about their business.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

In keeping with the movement, Cardi should be stripped of her Grammy.

Seriously though, she's abhorrent.

Having said that.... ,@andreboba .. you made a good point about DrugDealing not being just a transaction, but rather a community destabilizer...

Look at the influence it had on JayZ. Statistically, he's an anomaly with his eventual success
    Because most end up dead or in jail..

'..Before making it big, Jay-Z was a crack dealer in Brooklyn at the age of 13. During an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2009, he called drug dealers in Brooklyn his “role models” growing up.

“It was normal. And at some point you, become addicted to the feeling. The uncertainty and adrenaline and danger of that lifestyle,” he told Winfrey.

He also has a history of violence. When he was 12, he shot his 16-year-old brother and he stabbed a record producer in December 1999. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to probation for the assault. Jay was even shot three times while growing up.

“You’re just in it. So deep in it, and so young,” he told Winfrey at the time. “It’s just living. And it’s fast.”

Jay-Z is now worth a reported $450 million.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Could be. I could see her getting away with the robbing if she knew how to pick marks like out of towners, married dudes ect. The tranny rape is more questionable, because setting up a straight man to get raped by a dude could have him come back like Ving Rhames with the blow torch lol.

16. meowkittenmeow

It really depends. If she is using it as a "revenge tactic", then she is probably doing it to those she doesn't deem "dangerous". Most sex workers know who to screw over and who to not fuck with. Just as she picked marks, she used the same thought process to rape and sexual assault men. It's gross.

17. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

19. AtomSmasher86

AtomSmasher86 Well-Known Member

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The only issue I have with this Cardi B thing is that we need to be consistent if people are getting "canceled" for allegations then people damn sure should be getting the same treatment for shit they admitted to doing.