Russian MP: "Ban sex w/ foreigners during World Cup": Fears IR babies

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Seriously, the bullshit people concern themselves with.
    She's communist MP, Tamara Pletnyova, 70, and is a piece of work. She hopes women would not date visiting fans and get pregnant.

[​IMG]

She's head of the Russian parliamentary family committee, and warned young Russian women that "they should 'get something clear in their heads regarding foreigners'.
    Warning that "Russian women could end up raising mixed-race children on their own",
    before referring to the 'Children of the Olympics' after the 1980 Moscow games.

The term was used during the Soviet era to describe non-white children conceived at international events after relationships between Russian women and men from Africa, Asia or Latin America. Many of the children faced discrimination.

Putin responded: " Screw who you want. Our Russian ladies are gorgeous".

[​IMG]

- Alexander Rolbinov, 53, deputy premier in Kaliningrad, accused Pletnyova of turning the clock back to Soviet times.

- Journalist and TV presenter Yelena Khanga accused Pletnyova of making 'immoral' comments about mixed-race children.

Putin tells Russian women they CAN have sex with World Cup tourists: Spokesman says 'it's up to them' after politician and football WAG said not to sleep with foreigners
    • Putin spokesman: 'Russian women should have right to make their own decision'
    • He was responding to a sex ban call by Communist MP Tamara Pletnyova, 70
    • She warned of repeat of 'Children of the Olympics' after 1980 Moscow games
    • Inna Zhirkova, 28, wife of ex-Chelsea star Yuri Zhirkov, backed the sex ban
    More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...x-World-Cup-tourists-Spokesman-says-them.html

2. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Wasn't expecting Putin to respond like that.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Wow! I mean this is how people usually are when they are against race mixing. They use stereotypes and real events to try and make their case. What does that have to do with specifically Men Of Color. Maybe they should do better with the racial hatred in the country instead of just blaming the discrimination they faced on their parents' union.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think Putin is responding like this because that's what a sophisticated cosmopolitan head of state is expected to say. I don't doubt that he holds deeply reactionary views, however.

5. teddebear07

teddebear07 Active Member

lol , some don't want any brown Russians around .cramps their style

6. orejon4

Do you guys see the response from the Afro-Russian media personality in support of mixed-race babies and children?

7. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

Just goes to show, despite the friendly progressive public face of "modern Russia", scratch the surface and they are as backward as they ever were.
    If it's any consolation dinosaurs like that horrid woman are just as much of a joke to Russian people as they are to us.

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

No shock here. This is why Russia is the lodestone for all racists/populists/white nationalists worldwide. Why do you think white men don't care about Russian involvement in US politics? Because they agree with Russia.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s no news to me that Eastern Europeans in general and Russians in particular are racists. Just thought they’d cover it up a bit better at least for the World Cup.

• List
  10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This has to makes you wonder about YouTuber Philko. Is he safe out there? I heard he's considered a celebrity in Russsia, that's gotta make him a target. I noticed he doesn't make videos anymore of the women he meets.

11. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Im in the ware about racism abroad, across the world but more so knowledgeable about it here in the U.S. so that's why I rated both of you guys post Informative.

12. Madeleine

There’s a world of difference between racism in central/Northern Europe and racism in Eastern Europe. I’d say for instance in Germany there are racist individuals but in other countries further east there’s a widely accepted culture of racism. (Check what Hungarian and Czech politicians said 2015 during the refugee crisis).
    And btw Putins answer was just politics, I’m not buying it. Let me see his reaction if his daughter was going out with a black man.

13. Madeleine

But hey, congrats on winning World Cup 2026!

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

There was a flagging campaign/hit list against black male YouTubers a year ago and Philko was one of the ones hit. Don't think it has anything to do with his real life situation, though

• List
  15. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

No.more racist or backwardthan Middle America.
    And you are tarnishing a huge country on the basis of onewomans comments.
    Just resesrch commentsmade by politicians in Europe. From U.K. to Italy. We are hardly in a position to criticize !

16. sarah23

So no matter what he says, you still have this preconceived opinion of him.?

17. orejon4

It's not so much a preconceived notion as a notion based on his actual political history. He has shown strong authoritarian tendencies, is known to hold right-wing views in support of a 'Greater Russia' in the same way that Trump thinks of the US. Everything in his history to date suggests that he is not strongly pro=internationalist, not particularly a friend of the developing world, and is primarily focused on figuring out a way to triangulate his politics between those of the USA, the EU and China. That being said, if he shows a prolonged adoption of a progressive political posture, I am certainly willing to reconsider this opinion.

18. sarah23

But he did say that Russian women could sleep with who they wish.
    We just have to take people at their word.
    Otherwise what is the point in listening to anyone ?

19. Madeleine

Yes and no. Yes, we should give people the benefit of the doubt. No, we also have to look at peoples‘ track record and the overall context to assess whether we can take them at their word or not. For me personally Putin is not someone I take at his word based on his track record.

20. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Wow! Sadly, I can't say I'm too surprised.