Random Sports Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by goodlove, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

2. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Screenshot_20230122-020949_(1).jpg

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1674470126294.jpg

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1674509689852.jpg

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

9. CAkicker

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

12. CAkicker

Thought I would share my passion, I didn't know it started until I got on YT check out the best athletes in the USA. I can't wait to get back into it. I know I can do this

13. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Wishing Coach Andy Reid, NFL Most Valuable Player QB Patrick Mahomes and the American Football Conference Champion Kansas City Chiefs the very best of luck at Super Bowl LVXII. The Chiefs have built their 2022 NFL record and statistics against the better QBs and teams in the NFL . . . and there are levels to this life lol ;)

14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

This was probably the toughest game to pick because both teams appear to be evenly matched. I'm not into sports betting at all but I do play in a NFL pick'em league every season.

I don't have a dog in this particular race. My team (Jacksonville Jaguars) were already eliminated by the very Chiefs you were referring to. Plus I don't have any animosity towards the Chiefs simply because they knocked us out the playoffs.

However I'm going to reluctantly go with the Chiefs because if the NFL is truly scripted as some conspiracy theorists have recently mentioned I would expect the shield to want Patrick Mahomes as the face of the league as opposed to Jalen Hurts, especially since TB12 has retired.

I'd be happy with either one I just want to see a good game and enjoy the Super Bowl festivities.

My family has had an annual Super Bowl party for almost 30 years now where we eat, drink, watch the game and chill so that's what I'm looking forward to the most.

15. Young Herschel

Great points @Tony Soprano!!! I am also a Jax Jags fan and have been since September 1996 after I watched them beat the brakes off the 49ers in the pre-season third game; I said they my sleeper this season . . . and we went on that magical 9-7 AFC playoff run with Natrone Means, Mark Brunell and Tony Brackens!!! I have had them as my "B" team since that NFL KICKOFF 1996!

16. Young Herschel

Hey Tony . . . U grillin' today or doing take out??? I got my Napoleon 525 smoking right now at a steady 300 degrees with four thick cut, dry aged (>17 days), USDA certified angus prime beef ribs on indirect heat with wet hickory wood chips in the smoker box ;) As a long time Chiefs fan (NFL KICKOFF 1990) I had to do it right with Jack Stacks BBQ beef rub & Jack Stacks BBQ Spicy sauce from the Fiorella family of Kansas City, MO. I ordered the ribs from Wild Fork online . . . because the Fiorellas are getting too much $$$ lol and I can cook ;)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  17. CAkicker

For the combat sport fans

18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I've been following the NFL since 1986 and I was a Cleveland Browns fan (by default) from 1986-1993. After that season I became so disenchanted with the organization I felt the need to find a new NFL team to root for so I chose the expansion Jaguars and I've been riding with them ever since.

All those names you mentioned bring back a lotta great memories for me as a fan so I'm definitely glad to have found another fan.

19. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I don't usually grill for the Super Bowl. Our menu is more like:

Breaded wings, hot wings, Spinach Dip, chicken salad dip, BLT dip plus the main entre which is reuben pizza.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Young Herschel

Sounds good . . . is reuben pizza a regional specialty where U live?? I'm in the pizzaria capitol of America but never heard of it. At 4:45 pm I brought in the last of the bbq prime beef ribs and now they all resting in two big roasting pans sealed & secure under tightly tucked Reynolds wrap. Philadelphia fans can feast on beef cheesesteaks . . . KC is famous for beef bbq ribs so I am there in spirit!!! Doing Mambo wings in the air fryer at 5:30 . . . famous Washington, D.C. wing sauce I just learned this winter . . . U gotta buy this sauce @Tony Soprano!!! It is SPECTABULOUS!!! The "Sweet Hot" version is my new fix lol . . . Amazon has it to ship anywhere!!