Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Thank you. If people are actually thinking humanity will change after this, they haven't been paying attention.

Humans suck. And also, humans have VERY short-term memories. All we need to prove that theory is look how Americans were after 9/11. It was all sunshine and rainbows for a long time - as in people loving each other and we were all united together. But, it didn't take too long for things to get back to normal. Why? Because humans inherently suck and they're selfish and care only for themselves (as a whole). Of course, there are always exceptions, but they tend to get drown out by the rest of humanity.

Give it a year and everything will be back as it was.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Here you go...
    Please check the dates as well.

1. NYT

IMG_20200424_115526.jpg

Covering the trend..
    IMG_20200424_121256.jpg
    From the FORBES article:
    "The trending hashtag, #trumpvirus has appeared over 93,000 times."

Factcheck debunking it...

IMG_20200424_121352.jpg

Even Alt-left SNOPES correctly weighed in ..

IMG_20200424_121317.jpg

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200418_064522.jpg

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Um, it might have had something to do with Dubya blaming Saddam Hussein for 9/11 and his VP cherry picking intelligence reports to lie us into another ill begotten Middle East war.

In that case, people didn't suck. Bush and his administration did.

6. Bookworm616

LOL. No, people came together after terrorists destroyed the WTC. It had nothing to do with Hussein and the ME War.

7. The Dark King

Well as someone who lives in NY and lived through 9/11 while in NY you guys are completely wrong. For one every brown "Muslim looking" person got treated as if they were involved with it. They got beaten and killed so their lives changed dramatically. Everyone was nervous to fly and yes after awhile there was some normalcy but this is a pandemic where your threat of death isn't someone you consider foreign so you can simply avoid them this comes down to not being able to trust a hug or handshake might make you deathly ill.

8. The Dark King

Came together against who? It wasn't great for a shit ton of innocent brown people.

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

You're the one who said people came together after 9/11, then went back to 'sucking'. I just explained why people became angry and divided again.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Along similar lines, don't you remember the anthrax scares and deaths (murders?). It paralyzed everybody, people were terrified to go out because they thought it was in the air, people were afraid to open their mail, mailman were afraid to sort and deliver mail...everyone thought they were going to touch something laced with anthrax and get sick or die..

When Anthrax-Laced Letters Terrorized the Nation
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who sent the series of letters in the wake of the 9/11 attacks? Investigators zeroed-in on a possible suspect

https://www.history.com/news/anthrax-attacks-terrorism-letters

Note:

FBI Investigators zeroed in on another scientist, Dr. Bruce E. Ivins, who also worked for 30 years at U.S. Army’s Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Fort Detrick, Maryland, and had been trying to develop a more effective vaccine against anthrax.

(Ivins later committed suicide by taking a lethal dose of acetaminophen).

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh geeze..goalpost move, huh. You now want links when I actually showed you the pages? They're online.
    After I told you the NYT's called it the TrumpVirus and it was trending on Twitter, you asked for proof.
    I showed you PROOF:

- the NYT's headline,
    -Forbes showing that it was trending on Twitter
    -I showed you PolitiFact debunking that he called it a hoax
    - and I showed you even Snopes conceded he didn't call the virus a hoax, but a new Dem Hoax (blaming him.)

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Bookworm616

Melodramatic much? MOST people who get this virus have mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. Stop making it sound like it's Ebola or the plague or something. Holy crap.

The media has made everyone crazy about this. Most of us have already likely been exposed to this virus anyway.

The death rate is being grossly misrepresented.

14. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Are the over 50,000 people who have died melodramatic? What about the families you read about who lose multiple generations to this? And let's get real it's not the media it is Trump disseminating bad information. We should be able to trust our government on the Federal level and cannot.

You cannot downplay or overlook someone else's fear. Fear is based on experience and information that has been presented to them.

Unless you are willing to lose a family member who is dear to you...you can't say this is nothing. Maybe it's nothing because it hasn't hit close to your home?

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200426_130709.jpg

16. The Dark King

Amen sister saved me a post

17. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator