Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Honestly, who want's to live in an illiberal country??

Last time I checked, that's called Iran.

Conservatives really need to check themselves when they press too hard trying to turn the word 'liberal' into some political slur.

The freedoms we have enshrined in the Constitution all stem from liberal values.

Without liberal values, there is no freedom of the press, no freedom to dissent, no rights of due process.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Cons are against all those things. Weirdly enough, horseshoe theory fake "leftists" are just as authoritarian. Neither can win if they don't cheat (St. Bernie attacking the superdelegates in 2016).

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"What the fuck is wrong with this dude? Didn’t he go to war and literally lose his eye because some Mujahideen – a brave fucking solider – fucked his eyehole with their dick?

‘Isn’t that how he fucking lost his dumbass eye, because he got his fucking eye hole fucked, by a brave soldier?"
    - Young Turks political commentator Hasan Piker.

[​IMG]

Congressman Dan Crenshaw, a Navy SEAL veteran, lost his eye in an IED explosion while serving in Afghanistan.

In the clip Piker also said that America deserved the 9/11 terror attacks.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The only thing that can save the planet from global warming is cost efficient technology.

Politics doesn't even factor in the equation. I may not even factor in global warming in my thought process for selecting a candidate.

We can keep arguing with trumptards or we can find a way that makes the tech cost efficient enough to solve the issue.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

When marching, praying or voting is suggested as a solution.
    [​IMG]

6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

When the alt-right weirdos hop in one of our threads on this forum...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

A good quick explanation of why it's dumb to blame the nerds and not the guns.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL.

Blaming video games and blaming guns = same logic.

Both are devices that can't make decisions on their own. If you're willing to take guns from everyone including the police and military then I'll surrender my own, until then..........

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Oh for fucks sake nobody said jack shit about taking guns away, But until people start getting bludgeoned to death by Playstations I'm going to say that guns have MORE to do with mass shootings than video games. (Which is the point of the video)

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you're not willing to take "assault rifles" from police and military so obviously they aren't the issue.

11. meowkittenmeow

Getting white supremacist white guys and their crazy alt right women to stop being violent via mass shootings or the women trying to weaponize the police, isn’t feasible without ending white supremacy. Getting people to stop killing each other also doesn’t end until people either stop being greedy, fearful, or upset.

People are always fucking up. But, it’s the alt right weirdos that are killing in droves. Dismantling those psychos is a good start. Losers are always trying to fuck it up for others.

But, I get your point. There was violence long before video games. But, I will say that laws against automatic and semi automatic weapons can assist in minimizing the amount of people that die from the hands of the alt right. Just a bunch of gun toting losers, every single one of them (including the alt right women).

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The alt right make up part of the police force. Laws in this country are never applied evenly so a blackman voting to ban certain types of guns is doing more to disarm himself than anything else.

I understand some folks associate AR's with white supremacists but that's just classical conditioning. In the south they are just guns to blacks and whites alike.

The light recoil and accuracy of the ar makes it a great home defense weapon for families. Shotgun cleans up but you better make sure your own people aren't anywhere behind it.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That semi auto glock is just as good though. If we're talking home defense you don't need an AR unless you live on a 20 acre compound and need to take out enemies from 100 yards away. I'm all for home protection proud gun owner and in general I think guns are fun to shoot at the range. I just can't divorce the reality most of these mass shootings happen with an AR and when they weren't in play during the assault weapons ban less shootings happened. Personally I think most people in love with the gun are preparing for an ends time battle where they get to live out their Walking Dead fantasies. None of these people expect to get shot at and lose loved ones. They would last a total of a week tops if shit hit the fan as they say. Just pure delusion out there.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nah. You don't know enough about guns for this discussion. Handguns are laughable. Keep believing what you see on tv and pls leave the rest of us out of your blue fantasy, You have your own state, be happy with that. I'm willing to educate you about guns, but just ask, don't come at me like you have my level of knowledge.

15. meowkittenmeow

I agree with most of what you said. But, the point of the matter is if the government went full alt right, and decided to eradicate black people, an automatic rifle isn’t going to stop a predator drone dropping a 10 ton bomb.

Either way, it’s the crazy alt right white people, many of which are in institutions that are supposed to “serve and protect”. It’s a fucked situation. But, I do understand the idea of minimizing effectiveness for mass shooters. Having actually used automatic and semi automatic weapons to kill, I understand how devastating they can be.

But, In the same breath, I understand that it isn’t every gun owner. And I understand that most owners aren’t doing this. I just know that if they are alt-right, they are certainly considering it. I blame it on inbreeding.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The government going full alt right is a highly unlikely situation. I was highlighting the fact that banning ARs isn't going to stop alt right nut jobs from getting them as much as it's going to affect us. The more likely scenario is there being a leak in the government that arms them so they can come after us. That's how it usually goes. Just like the CIA supplying crack cocaine to freeway Rick Ross.

Then there would be non-government alt right nut jobs chopping down black folks at will.

I'm not so much concerned about that as much as the fact that an AR is a great gun for home defense, rather it be a common band of burglars or milita. Defense is defense.

Any other rifle you care to suggest?

17. meowkittenmeow

I agree, but never insisted that the government would go full alt right. I provided a hypothetical situation for the sake of argument.

As far as rifles to suggest, it depends on your state’s laws. I personally, stopped caring a while ago. As much as racist white men feel the need to use a black carbon phallic symbol to fire hot semen rounds to make up for their shortcomings, and and as much as racist white women feel the need to weaponize the police because the Klan can’t “get’er done” like they used to, those types were always violent and will always be violent.

I have some emotional investment in this considering I’ve known a few victims and their families, but I realize that you can’t stop white supremacists from doing what they do. Hell, some white supremacists even do what they do in this forum. It is what it is, but I agree, considering we (The U.S.) are one of the largest weapons distributors, I don’t see any laws being able to keep automatic rifles out of the hands of those that really want them.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not many see the picture we see as critical thinking black men in america. At some point we made the choice to quit lying to ourselves and taking everything people say as truth. The picture is ugly, but I have no regrets because when I do see beauty it's more clear than would be seen behind the glass of cognitive dissonance.

19. meowkittenmeow

The fact that you are willing to get married without any form of marriage and divorce reform does leave you open to criticism. But, yes, we often agree on things.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

There's a low probability of me getting married. I don't force reality.

Best friend or nothing at all, remember?