Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

And look at our foolish politicians and economic leaders disgracing all of us by writing the Brits a “love letter” begging them to stay.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Beasty, there's no way you think the Trump led GOP is the same as progressive Democrats.

Why do you think Progressives won 40 seats in Congress during the midterms?? You should have listened more to the arguments the national Democratic candidates were making to voters. Far from childish adults.

3. andreboba

I read that Putin's political interference was partly responsible for the passage of Brexit.

The Kremlin is starting a global Cold War and no one is paying attention.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

And the Senate? Usually the opposite party takes both.
    [​IMG]

5. Madeleine

I believe he was just as active manipulating public opinion through social media during the Brexit campaign as during the last American presidential elections (among others). His strategy is “divide and conquer “, so Brexit should give him wet dreams. Nevertheless the Brits can’t take us all hostage for years on end with their drama.
    They are welcome to stay, but maybe on adapted conditions. All their little discounts and exceptions here and there need to be cut. And just for the record I like British people and I like the country. Some tough love is needed here though.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not as many seats were up for re election and the GOP cheats ALOT

7. andreboba

Dems will probably flip the Senate in 2020, as well as take the WH.
    No worries, Beasty.

Trump is actively destroying the Republican party and the full damage will be seen in 2020.

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

"Bernie Bros" aren't a "myth." They're cyber-bullying, heavily-sexist, racist, doxxing pieces of shit. I'd put up examples but it's hard to search anything negative about St. Bernie because the coders and backend people at Google, FB, Twitter, YouTube, etc in SF, Portland and Seattle are all "leftist" bros and game the search results. I put "leftist" in quotes because Berners and the GOP have the same exact goals, weird huh.

9. RicardoCooper

Back in 2016, Germany said "leave means leave." Fuck the Brits, let them go. If there was a referendum in America to vote the South out of the Union, I'd vote yes. Sorry Southerners, nothing personal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

What goals do Leftists & the GOP have that are similar?

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Why am I not surprised. They get the same results....lol. Next time 45 wins they should just give him his wall. It's obvious he wants us to pay for it now and since being a stubborn brat is more important than winning the election, there is no moral ground to deny him at that point.

I'm honestly starting to find 45 more tolerable now. Which is a good thing, we're stuck with him either way you look at it.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Reelecting 45 for one.

13. Madeleine

Exactly! Mind you, it’s not Merkel who is asking them to stay.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Sure, there are assholes who support Bernie Sanders, just like every other candidate. But the idea that "bros" make up his base is just right-wing and middle-left propaganda.

Bernie has a 70% favorability among Black people, a 55% favorability among Hispanics and a 50% favorability among women. Those are some pretty diverse "bros."

15. RicardoCooper

Yup Bernie-Bros are a "myth" what was I thinking

[​IMG]

16. RicardoCooper

Attacking Democrats and making sure the GOP wins.

Next question

17. RicardoCooper

Ich liebe Mutti

18. RicardoCooper

45 won't make it to 2020 but not from lack of trying by the fake "left" aka hipster Republicans

Google "Horseshoe Theory"

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Brah, I don't even know what that is, but want to know how I know this is meaningless? The center-left has been trying to make racism and sexism accusation stick for years, and the biggest thing they can come up with were the accusations of harassment during his campaign. (Accusations by the way the Hillary campaign had against them too.) If there was proof of pervasive racism among Bernie's supporters, his enemies in the corporate media whould have blasted him with it non stop since 2016.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'll never look at it as a straight line again. Niether side is interested in accommodating the other on anything. When you don't accommodate AT ALL, you no longer have a political fourm, all there is at that point is allies and enemies, which isn't how a country should be ran.

When you run a country like that the boat will continue to rock because when a group is left out in the cold they have nothing to lose.

The far left think they are morally correct and ironically don't mind leaving an entire group out in the cold if possible, like the far right does them.

There is no ALL or nothing political approach that doesn't leave someone holding the stick with nothing. It's actually silly for them to think the far right in this country who has more money, will ever settle for a complete political loss.

A centrist on the other hand believes there should be something in the political outcome for everyone.