Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Paniro188

Paniro188 Active Member

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It's already begun. Thank you, Donald the peacemaker.

Without a two state solution firmly in place, Netanyahu knew it would be an affront to the Palestinians to formally declare Jerusalem the capital of Israel.
    Any two state solution for the Palestinians means that Jerusalem would be the dual capital of the Palestinian state and Israel.
    Israel in so many words just said, "Fuck that."
    Now, here comes the blood.

https://www.ft.com/content/2ac13bec-5769-11e8-b8b2-d6ceb45fa9d0

At least 52 Palestinians killed in Gaza protests
    Israeli forces open fire at protesters as US opens embassy in Jerusalem

[​IMG]

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/u-s-embassy-gaza-protests-and-nakba-day-live-updates-1.6078190

LIVE UPDATES
    Jerusalem Embassy and Gaza Protests: 52 Palestinians Killed by Israeli Gunfire at Border

Over 2238 wounded, over 770 from live gunfire ? 40,000 protesting at border ? Israeli army bombs seven Hamas targets, readies for possible rocket fire from the Strip ? U.S. embassy officially opens in Jerusalem

[​IMG]

Despite what the hardline right wing Israelis want to believe, there were already people living in the territory known as Israel prior to 1948.
    Those people are the Palestinians.

If Israel can't find a way to share that land, thousands of people on both sides are going to die.

If Trump had kept his stupid mouth shut and listened to his Secretary of State, like all previous POTUSes, this bloodshed could have been avoided.

You don't keep 'campaign promises' that end up in innocent people dying.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Nope your fault. LMAO

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

How eloquent lol

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Comments on Starbucks.. yet again amending their bathroom policy today, now with restrictions...
    Boy, they really didn't think this one through!
    (For the new policy)
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/starbu...lcohol-drug-abuse-being-disruptive-to-others/

1. [​IMG]Stanky PIe,, United States, 20 minutes ago

LOL once you start capitulating to the terminally offended they will never stop until you have given everything. Idiots.
    2. [​IMG]Anywhere US, Happy town, United States, 31 minutes ago

Should put coin slots on the door locks 25cents for none customers
    3. [​IMG]Fizzy247, USA, United States, 38 minutes ago

They should not have had to change their policy to begin with. There is a reason for the policy. I would never use a restroom at a restaurant and sit at the tables and hang out without buying something. And the employee who called the cops on them is an idiot. Non-management material. All you have to say is, "Hey guys it's cool if you wait here for your friend but just for future reference we only allow paying customers to use the restroom. Sorry for the inconvenience and have a great day."
    4. [​IMG]NOT4U, Commiefornia, United States, 40 minutes ago

Duh!!! Wtf did you think was gonna happen! Idiots!
    5. [​IMG]Riley123, Portland--, United States, 45 minutes ago

I just thought it was just common courtesy to purchase something in a restaurant/coffee shop to use their bathroom or to sit down. The will be difficult position to put the employees in trying to judge who's behaving and having to deal with them.. Inviting anyone off the street to use the bathroom, those bathrooms are going to get in bad shape fast. Most Starbucks I've been have little enough seating already for paying customers.
    6. [​IMG]Caliente, Minneapolis, United States, about an hour ago

So they want their low paid employees to confront criminal behavior because they're afraid of the media if the police are involved? Sounds logical and safe.
    7. [​IMG]stephen ottridge, Vancouver, Canada, 47 minutes ago

What will Starbucks do when the homeless park their shopping carts and possessions outside?
    8. [​IMG]SalvatoreDali, Billionairesville, Andorra, 53 minutes ago

You just might have to take that dump in your pants if you got a addict in there.
    9. [​IMG]Lolposter, ABC, United States, 55 minutes ago

It seemed like a good idea at the time
    10. [​IMG]LibtardsSuck, North Pole, Canada, 1 hour ago

Starbucks virtue-signalled themselves into a dilemma. It's delicious to watch.
      1. [​IMG]Thufir Hawat, Arrakeen, UAE, 44 minutes ago

It's what they do best. Real, old time liberals like me have watched good intentions turn into mindless shmooism. And those of us with the backbone and b a l l s to say enough left the party we were once so proud to be part of. My liberal values haven't changed but the Democratic Party has become the Party of patsys and shnooks. And the leaders are cynical self serving liars who have created a Ponzi scheme of voters through victim mongering. Convince a group they're victims. Promise to help them. Get their votes. Take taxpayer dollars. Disappear and convince another group they're victims. Get their votes. Get my money. Disappear. Import illegals. Promise them riches and homes on my back. Disappear. Hillary is the Queen and Barry is the King. Hollywood and The Swamp are their kingdoms.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  7. andreboba

Bliss you can turn anything political.smh

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I only do it to weed you out. ;):p

(Ahem, if you don't think Starbucks is political, you need to wake up and snell the coffee)o_O

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

First women ever to head the CIA.
    First woman ever to head the U.S Stock Exchange!
    Yes!!

10. hulkx

hulkx Active Member

But...but...I thought the president just hated women. That's what the media & fat cats within the Democratic party want me to believe, so it must be true.

11. andreboba

Bro, pay attention to the long game. Trump is appointing people who will actively tear down the institutions they're heading.

Donald is trying to break the federal government, not fix it.

Hiring a woman to lead the CIA who is pro torture is NOT a good thing when U.S. troops get captured abroad.

12. The Dark King

So appointing Ben Carson to HUD means he doesn't hate blacks and poor people?

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The Govt was(is) broken. He IS fixing it, by way of exposing it.

14. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! I immediately think of Pruitt and DeVos. It's like hiring a known domestic abuser to lead an abused women shelter.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Wow........ok

16. The Dark King

So if I rob a bank I should be hailed as a hero since exposed all its security weaknesses right? Lol

17. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

This is an interesting article. Given Brenda's comments and his background as a public schools educator... I can imagine that despite him being republican... He's likely not at all happy with DeVos' agenda.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/...ntucky-teacher.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Kentucky Math Teacher, Riding Wave of Public Anger, Defeats State House Majority Leader
    Image[​IMG]
    Travis Brenda, a math teacher at Rockcastle County High School in Kentucky, defeated one of the state’s most powerful lawmakers, Jonathan Shell, in a Republican primary.CreditWade Payne/Associated Press

By Matthew Haag

• May 23, 2018
    For the past six years, Travis Brenda voted like nearly everyone else in his part of rural central Kentucky. In 2012, 2014 and 2016, he helped send Jonathan Shell to the State House of Representatives, re-electing him again and again as he eventually rose to House majority leader.

He watched as Mr. Shell and other politicians failed to add meaningful dollars to public education, embraced charter schools and cut state services. Then over a few hours on March 29, Mr. Shell helped introduce and pass a surprise 291-page plan to significantly overhaul the state’s struggling pension system that the governor later signed into law.

Suddenly, years of bubbling anger among state employees and teachers in Kentucky erupted in protests and chants at the Capitol, fueling a sustained backlash that helped lift Mr. Brenda to an unlikely victory on Tuesday night. Mr. Brenda, a first-time candidate and a math teacher, knocked off Mr. Shell, who had both name recognition and fund-raising prowess, by 123 votes in the Republican primary for House District 71.

“We trust those we elected to do the right thing,” Mr. Brenda, 43, who teaches at Rockcastle County High School in Mount Vernon, Ky., said in an interview on Wednesday morning. “What we are seeing is that they are not doing the right thing.”

the rise of female candidates. In Georgia, Stacey Abrams won the Democratic nomination for governor, becoming the first black woman to be a major party nominee for governor in the country. And in Texas, Lupe Valdez, a former Dallas County sheriff, won the Democratic nomination for governor, becoming the first Hispanic woman and first openly gay person to win a major party’s nomination for governor in the state.

[Read More: 5 Key Takeaways From Tuesday’s Primaries]

For Mr. Brenda, his campaign started, unofficially at least, at a back-to-school prayer service last August. He had thought about running for office, but he worried about losing his privacy and the potential toll on his family.

But at the prayer service, he said he had a moment of clarity about his future.

“I felt like it was a word from God,” he said. “It really pointed the direction.”
    He spoke to his wife, Judy, and their two children, Ashley and Benjamin, who all expressed support for his political ambitions. On January 17, he filed as a Republican in District 71, which includes parts of Madison County and all of Garrard and Rockcastle counties. He announced his candidacy on Facebook, and received little attention beyond his campaign page.

The odds were stacked against him. Leading up to Tuesday’s primary, Mr. Shell had a huge financial advantage. His campaign had raised $131,200, while Mr. Brenda had $16,100, according to state records.

At 30, Mr. Shell, a farmer, was among the youngest members of the Kentucky General Assembly and had strong support among his peers, who named him the House majority leader in 2017. Last year, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, called him “one of the most important Republicans in Kentucky.”

Then, as Mr. Brenda puts it, there was an awakening.

Teachers in Kentucky had watched as their peers in other states, upset about years of budget cuts, stormed out of classrooms and into the rotundas and grounds of State Capitols.

On March 29, Mr. Shell gave Kentucky teachers reason to pay attention. He helped write legislation to rework the state’s struggling pension system, which would affect educators and other public employees. It was introduced and approved in the State House on the same day — leaving no time for a public reading or to receive public input.

For current teachers, the pension bill placed a limit on the number of sick days that could be saved and used to increase retirement benefits. The most significant changes affect future teachers, whose pensions would be part of a new retirement plan and require them to work longer before receiving payments. Gov. Matt Bevin, a Republican, signed it into law on April 10.

told The Associated Press. “The majority of people, whether it be teachers or the general public, people understand that we had a problem that we had to fix.”

It was clear Mr. Shell had miscalculated, Mr. Brenda said on Wednesday. About one-fifth of workers in District 71 are public employees, according to census figures, and Mr. Brenda said many of them are educators.

“It’s hard to find someone in Garrard, Rockcastle and western Madison counties that do not have some connection to a state employee,” he said. “That made the difference.”

18. andreboba

It's good to see that more and more Republican voters are beginning to realize their real enemy is the GOP itself.

You can keep shitting on the poor, middle class and working class while everything you do legislatively in Washington, D.C. is to benefit the billionaires and the corporate elites.

The GOP keeps lowering taxes for the 1% then tells the rest of us there's no money for public education and healthcare.

No country can survive when the system is rigged to benefit only the very rich.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Stupid analogy.
    Exposing Government failings and its corruption, aka whistleblowing, is not akin to robbing the Government. If Obama or Bernard was exposing the Government, you'd have a hardie.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Trump being a whistleblower is hilarious and everything, but I'm curiouse about how you really see him. Because I'm literally baffled how his supporters are able to find virtue in his behavior.

I asked you once if your support for Trump was based on a team mentality, you gave a non-answer, so I'll ask you in a different way. Do you actually believe in Trump as a man, and as a president? Do you think he is a good person?