Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

It was very complicated, but here is the link to the State Senator who sponsored the bill to change the wording in the Wisconsin Constitution...http://legis.wisconsin.gov/senate/0...s/2016/its-time-for-wisconsin-to-ban-slavery/

"Article I, Section 2 of Wisconsin’s Constitution states, “There shall be neither slavery, nor involuntary servitude in this state, otherwise than for the punishment of crime, whereof the party shall have been duly convicted.”

It doesn’t get any clearer than that. Our constitution leaves the door open for both slavery and mandatory unpaid labor in prisons. It’s bad enough that our constitution allows people to be sentenced to involuntary servitude (labor without pay), but to allow the state to own someone is just immoral!"

This is what I mean when I say time and time again around these parts that the "law" is far from perfect, and has nothing to do with "justice".

2. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

...which is exactly why I don’t understand why this should be a complicated discussion. But ok, Americans love their second amendment, I get it. However, the constitution is to serve the people and where it doesn’t work any more in this day and age it can and should be amended.

3. Paniro188

Paniro188 Active Member

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Exactly! It doesn't have to be complicated at all. It's common sense, but the anti-gun control folks continue to ignore a huge part of the problem and push another narrative. President Obama called for "common sense gun laws". He even went as far as to state that this isn't about sports persons, hunting and so on. This was obviously the case, but it was gun control which they don't want. So, of course it became... "Obama wants to take away our guns".

Then as this is happening... Some in states with lax gun laws decide to walk around with powerful guns hanging from their shoulders just because they can legally do so.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Card carrying

[​IMG]

The Panthers said they carried guns as a form of self-defense against police brutality

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Calling You a racist based on your racist ass posts along with your support of a racist regime is not an insult its a description of your displayed character.
    You support Nazis why are you offended when someone calls you a Nazi?
    If Boba wants to have blinders on that's his business. Some people won't believe it until the cross is burning on their front lawn.

7. The Dark King

And were fucking murdered for it. This is why I call you a racist with your false equivalences. Mean while the Bundy crew can hold federal agents at gun point and the media supports it.

8. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

:D Lol

What about Trump gives you the impression he'd be disgusted by an act of racism? Serious question. Based on what he chooses to tweet about and what gets an apparent pass from him, I'd put my money on him not feeling any genuine type of way about how those ladies were treated. I know you see him from a different perspective but have you really seen sincere disgust from him during any other race issue to honestly believe he'd care at all about this? I really do hate to assume the worst in people but I just don't see even an ounce of humanity in that individual :(

9. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Big gi-normous hugs to you!

10. RaiderLL

Right back atcha sir!!! I hope you've been well!!

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Golf is close to his heart, for sure. He also does seem to have a soft spot for BW, and these dignified ladies would be no exception.
    Remember also, "..when Trump established Mar-a-Lago as a club in 1995, he welcomed Jewish members, African-Americans, and gay couples, all of whom had been prohibited from joining other Palm Beach clubs.."

I truly think in this horrible golfing example, he would not like the treatment these ladies recieved.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Work for whom? It works just fine for me. I don't want it amended.

But if another American does, that's perfectly fine to formally attempt to ammend it. Next step is to familiarize themselves with the process and respectfully FOLLOW it.

What is most disgraceful is the slick methods employed by libs to circumvent the process with unilateral attempts to abolish it completely. Sorry, NOT GONNA HAPPEN with their cheating way.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol @ thinking the law is going to keep AR-15's away from white men when white men see YOU as being the number one threat. Not the government.

14. RaiderLL

I think accepting those demographics back then was purely a financial decision, not an push for equality or inclusion from him. As a business man, I think he probably saw an opportunity for financial gain by opening doors to those who may be shunned elsewhere, but I don't believe that business decision is any kind of indicator of his genuine feelings towards those groups of people.

I think if he had a sincere interest in fixing some of the damage (racial division) he's perceived to have caused (or at least fanned the flames of) in this country, or maybe wanting to "right" his reputation of being a racist, he'd react publicly, against these injustices. He tends to stick his foot deeper into his mouth every time he attempts to engage in these conversations though because it truly feels like his default go-to is defending the white/money/power side of the debate.

I'm rambling. I hear your point, I just can't give the benefit of the doubt like you can. I feel like everything he does is for self-serving purposes only. I could be 100% wrong, maybe.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I can appreciate your opinion.
    Business decision or not, he did take a risk at alienating existing members, yeah? A true racist doesn't want you in their circles.

I think the truth lies more in that he saw it as a win-win. Give those ostracized who love to golf an opportunity to join, and make a lot of money in the process. Can't fault him for that.

At the end of the day, if you were a well-off jew/Black/gay person and wanted to join a golf club, you finally could ...at Mar-a-lago.

16. Madeleine

If innocent people are being shot all the time it’s objectively not working for the society as a whole even if you think it works for you as an individual.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

White men are doing the shooting. Its a lot that they do that don't work for society as a whole. Its called privilege......lol

18. The Dark King

Or blindness. I stopped calling privilege because most of these dummies can't see how it all eventually hurts them too

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

For the forseeable futute white men are going to have militias with AK47's and AR15's just in case they feel like attacking us like they have before with black wall st ect.....

Even if those guns get "banned" they won't take those guns that are already out there waiting to be used on us, if they so choose. Full auto isn't even illegal, just requires class 3 license. What does that tell you?

20. Madeleine

If there weren’t so many guns out there they wouldn’t have the opportunity to do that level of damage. Anyway, I had already spelled out my opinion on this in the other thread and you were all jumping at my throat so guess that wouldn’t change now.