Random/one-off celebrity WW/BM IR Couple pics

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Bliss, Jan 9, 2012.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to hijack this thread but I'll address your question.

I'm a proponent for black boys being born from such unions and thereby most likely growing up in economically advantageous situations. If little black girls find themselves in this situation that's good too, but I primarily care about black boys in these circumstances. Why? Someone has too. Black women don't hesitate emphasizing in their words and deeds how much the well being of black girls are a priority to them, so I'm gonna be that black dude who feels the same about black boys.

I pointed out before that it seems to be disproportionate the number of black girls born from these IR unions than there are boys. Maybe I'm exaggerating but it seems like one boy born for every five girls from celebrity IR couples.

Black boys are no different than black men in that they are not the ones media or society tend to favor. They are not cherished nor celebrated as much as they should be. They are instead demonized which is why cops can kill a black boy with a toy gun in cold blood and one half of the nation yawns while the other half forgets about it way too quickly. But its more than just that. Social media makes a point in celebrating black girls in the way they do not celebrate black boys. Therefore when it comes to the spawn of celebrity children the first daughter of Beyonce and Jay-Z as well as the daughter of Kanye and Kim and the daughter of Steph Curry will be treated and objectified as little queens who become GIF-worthy celebs of their own. Meanwhile black boys from equally successful celebrities (or from the very same celebs) go mostly ignored. Now obviously it may seem counterintuitive to want to see more black male babies born from such couples if they are going to be overlooked anyway. But to me its more about wanting to see society being given the finger with the birth of more of these black male children.

My feelings on this matter are also influenced by what I see coming from Madison Avenue too. Based on my unscientific observations when advertisers do go with a family with a black father and white mother, the compromise they make it to make the single child a girl the vast majority of the time. It is is as if they are trying to soften the blow with the idea that, hey, at least this fictional couple had a girl. I find this to be somewhat common on TV shows and movies too. There is something that irks white society (particularly white men) about a white woman loving a black man and then having a black/bi-racial black boy in the process which means there is another black male that she ends up loving. I think such an outcome vexes plenty of black women too. The idea IR couple (involving black and white people) for white society and for black women is the one that involves a white man and black woman with a little black girl as a result. A complete lack of presence of black males is such a key. Look at Oprah when there was that first and only commercial for her food products. There she was sitting at an idealistic dining room table in an idealistic setting. Sitting around her was a family which consisted of a white husband, a black wife and their black daughter. With Oprah and the wife representing black females you would think whoever was behind the commercial (which undoubtedly includes Oprah) could have thrown black males a bone by casting a black boy as the child. But, nope. That would go against their ideal IR family image. No Black Males Allowed.

Going back to softening of blows, I also tend to think that a lot of black women who are not in favor of a black male celebrity hooking up with a white woman (or non-black woman) will end up being more accepting of the couple if they end up producing girls as offspring. Or perhaps it is more like they learn to tolerate the couple or ignore them altogether and simply devote their love and attention to the little girl. I'm certain this definitely happened a lot with Kim and Kanye's daughter.

So wrapping it up this is why I feel the way I do regarding this situation. It's not as if I hate little black girls or anything, I'm simply worn down by society's bullshit and double standards. I love seeing a white female hook up in a celebrity relationship with a black man and a black male baby being the result of that union. Even if the relationship goes sour and the couple breaks up, that mom will almost certainly still love the black boy she brought into the world. And that would drive certain segments of our society nuts...which is a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

An example of that is with the movie The Hate You Give about a black male kid being shot and killed by the police but they turned it into being about the black girl and her relationship with a white boy. This movie is getting rave reviews and celebrated by folks especially the famous online when it is probably the most blatant examples of how they don't give a shit about black boys. Making a tragedy about a black boy about a black girl's journey and her other journey into IR love.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. JamalSpunky

Thank you. This is why I had no use for the movie or the book it was based on. To be fair the novelist bases it a lot of it on her life and her experience of being a lone or rare black face at a white school. Perhaps she had a white boyfriend. Probably. And in her interview in EW it does seem as if she really was inspired by the deaths of black men and boys. But I have no time for her slipping in a IR romance, especially in a YA novel, a subcategory in which no matter what the race of the female protagonist is the race of the boyfriend is always white. Look if a book/movie had been made that touched upon simply racial bias towards black women (not murder of them, just prejudice directed at them) in which a black teenage boy had been made the lead and much of the story centered around his relationship with a white girlfriend, it would have been LOUDLY shot down by Woke Twitter, liberal bloggers and critics for having its priorities out of whack and being a betrayal of black women.

I could go on about this and touch upon some other recent examples that tick me off but this is the thread for it. It needs to be discussed somewhere else.

4. Arsenal1624

Arsenal1624 New Member

Hollywood loves a good black girl/white guy storyline. I think on of the reasons why black male/white female TV and movie relationships are so rare and criticized when it happens is because they're so scare. The power brokers in LA don't want the public to think black guys and white females should be together and it still continues today.

5. JamalSpunky

It's called normalizing for lack of a better word. Hollywood has normalized some pairings who were previously scarce on screen. But it hasn't normalized other such pairings nearly as much.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Nothing woke in that flick. The trailers said different from the book.

7. Soulthinker

One can count with the bm/ww and vice versa.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Asked a question. Got an answer. Thanks for responding.

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Like they say, representation matters

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Retired tennis pro James Blake and his wife Emily.

[​IMG]

11. AtomSmasher86

AtomSmasher86 Well-Known Member

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Kansas City Chiefs starters...and their WAGS.
    [​IMG]

*YES..some (people) are pissed. It happens so much I'm just gonna call it SAP.

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Post the link where you got this pic from so I can see the comments.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I told you. I do not post links to hate on IR sites nor mention their full name due to search capabilities on their end. That includes Strom fuck, MT.0, Bustip etc.

But here is their headline iif it makes you happy..
    'Travis Kelce is the only starting player on the NFLs Kansas City Chiefs - that is dating a Black woman. One other player, who is not a starter dates a Black woman'.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Soulthinker

That is good since there's a lot of negativity of brothers in ir. Why put it in that thread or website?

16. darkcurry

WOW! I didn't know this many of them were dating outside their race and that includes Travis Kelce for those dummies who aren't paying attention.

The Chiefs are truly #TeamInterracial LOL!!

And they just so happen to be one of the hottest teams in the league.

BTW 3 of them girls with black players are black, but light-skinned but that is still an issue with them. lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Omari Hardwick is starring in a new movie called 'Nobody's Fool' which is produced by Paramount Pictures, Tyler Perry Studios & BET Films.

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

20. darkcurry