Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The looks on some of the other passengers’ faces were like “WTH?” Lol

2. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Don't know if this was already posted

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

That’s really touching. Kudos to them for reconnecting!

4. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

I'M still tripped out Kelly Clarkson has a show lol but wow this is so beautiful and shit at the same time. I would have risked being stoned if i fell in love with a black man back in the day I'll never conform to societal 'standards' and would die for what i believe in. Bloody white people.

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

So, I had to go to the ER . Nothing big. No worries. Just had some flashing lights in my eyes. Saw my doctor and she didn’t think it was a big deal. But, given my medical history, thought it best to go get checked by an ophthalmologist, asap. Unfortunately, because it was the weekend, my only option was the ER. Ophthalmologist checks me out and confirmed what the first doctor thought; nothing wrong but old age.

But, that isn’t the point, here. What I’m really writing about is perspective. How we see things (no pun intended) and how “important” we think we are.

Because, I was convinced that there wasn’t anything seriously wrong with me, and I had to get back home because my evening caregiver was coming at a particular time and I had to be there when she got there, otherwise, my whole night time routine would be thrown off, I pressured the ophthalmologist to put me ahead of other ER patients and rush me through. Because, well … I’m Samson and I have important Samson shit to do.

Then he told me, not in a rude way, but very kindly and almost apologetically, that he was the only ophthalmologist working in the entire hospital, they had 209 patients and he had to sew another patient’s eye lid back on and he’d be back to check me over directly after he did that. But, he added, it was very important that he examine me before I left and he’d get to me as quickly as he could to accommodate me.

Suddenly, it wasn’t so important for me to get home in time to meet the caregiver. I didn’t need surgery. I wasn’t in danger of losing my site. I wasn’t looking at weeks of rehabilitation or repeated doctors visits, missing work or even losing my job because I couldn’t see. No, I was going home the same way I came; driving my van, blasting my music with my “ride or die” love sitting next to me. Essentially, I’d lost nothing. But, the guy who had his eyelid stitched back on wasn’t so lucky. There but for the grace of God I go.

Sometimes, we don’t matter as much as we’d like to think we do. Sometimes, instead of trying to push our way towards where we want to go, we should be grateful for where we are. Sometimes we should apologize for pressing someone to do more for us when that person is already doing their best to help us. And, sometimes, we should just give the caregiver, a much needed, night off.

6. beccaomecca

Perspective is everything right, and it's a beautiful thing that you have it. Inspirational post.

7. CAkicker

I was wondering if anybody got this question when they were single (or still are single):

"Why are you still single?"

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I took a long step away from the forum. It felt great!

I'm sure some of you didn't miss me, though. LOL.

9. CAkicker

We all miss you:):p

10. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Awwwww...Thanks! That was like a virtual hug. :)

11. beccaomecca

Shut it up lady ha ha. You know we love ya.

12. beccaomecca

It's so common over here, that question. As a single parent in particular it's a reoccurring question of why 'are you single', 'Where's hubby', 'where's your partner' and then if you say you don't have one you're hit with 'oh are you gay'.

I'll never understand why it's even a question. Like what relevance it serves to any other person unless they were trying to slip in the front door.

For whatever reason it's so abnormal to not have a significant other. I've been single for so long that it's completely normal and accepted in my lil old world. I think being in a relationship after being single for what seems like a lifetime would be like learning how to ride a bike again. I'm too complacent with the single life.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Societal brainwashing. Everyone is expected to be partnered up & reproduce. Period. Anyone deviating from that "norm" in anyway is looked at & treated as some kind of oddball pariah for not wanting to play by nonexistent rules. It shouldn't be anyone else's business whether or not others chose to be in a relationship, much less who they chose to be in a relationship with if they do ( be it race,gender, religion or otherwise) or if they chose to have children or not.

14. 2legit

2legit Active Member

That's normal reaction when someone is acting weird.

15. CAkicker

Is anyone here going to College/University?

16. 2legit

2legit Active Member

No I'm NOT......I'm college dropout like KANYE but I'm thinking of going back.

There is something that interest me though maybe do remote learning and digital nomad.

What is DN ?

The digital nomad lifestyle is becoming increasingly popular, as more and more people are deciding to take the plunge and become location independent. A digital nomad is someone who works remotely, often using a laptop and mobile phone, and travels around the world while doing so. This allows them to experience different cultures, explore different places, and live life to the fullest. The appeal of this lifestyle is that it allows you to have a sense of freedom and autonomy, as well as financial freedom. You no longer have to be tied down to one specific location, and can take advantage of the abundance of opportunities that a global economy affords. Additionally, digital nomads often experience increased creativity, as the change in environment often leads to new ideas and different ways of thinking. Being a digital nomad also comes with some risks, such as the lack of a secure income and the need to constantly adapt to new environments. However, with the right mindset and preparation, these risks can often be minimized. The digital nomad lifestyle is an exciting and rewarding way to experience the world, and with the right attitude and research, it can be a very rewarding experience. I honestly think Since1980 should become Aussie DN brawhahahah......
    I've seen one blogger who makes $80K a year that kinda income you can comfortably live in Coober Pedy’s where median house price is $72,000.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
  17. beccaomecca

I go every day coz it's where i work :p I'm considering studying, but online.

18. CAkicker

I maybe a Short Black Man

but I'm a Short Sexy Black Man

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't get people's obsession with height. That's like skin color to me. You're born with it. If you're not secure in your own skin (color & height) then you can't expect other people to be comfortable with you. You are who you are.

20. 2legit

2legit Active Member

There is real evil in this world, Evil is real. Height-ism, racism and look-ism are constantly being pushed sometimes subliminally!! by extremely powerful and influential people who are secret satanists, these people for the sake of money and power are in cahoots with the devil and will steer humanity in the wrong direction. If you don't believe good and evil that is your problem.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023