Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I understand not being crazy about the winter season, but I imagine it is nice having an idea what to expect. Fall lasts maybe 5 minutes around here, and sometimes Spring isn't much better. Some years we don't have much of a winter, but when it does happen it's a mess. Texas weather is crazy though; there are plenty of days where we get a mixture of seasons all in one day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Wow! Does that mean you never really put away get to put away winter and summer clothes? Is it like that for most of the state? My last time there... We were in Dallas in late March and I was totally loving the 70s-80 degree weather at a time when we're still in coats back home. I've always enjoyed winter vacays where I "escape" the winter for warmer climates.

3. Tamstrong

A lot of that depends on the people...a common outfit for some folks is a long sleeve shirt or jacket and a pair of shorts regardless of the temperature. And, their footwear ranges from flip flops to boots year-round too. lol Summers are usually really, really hot, so most of the time there's not much need for any winter gear. The last couple of years though, I do keep a light jacket on hand. The winters here are typically not extreme. It rarely snows (thank God), but we do have icy conditions sometimes. People around here don't know how to drive on either, so it's always a mess. Some parts of the state are more humid (Houston, which sucks lol) or dry (West TX), some parts get more rain (East TX), and the Panhandle seems to get more severe winter weather. We've had a lot of rain this year, and drought is more the norm for us. Like I said, it's all over the place.

4. DudeNY12

That is weather being all over the place. While I like warm... I'm not a fan of any extremes and I know the hot can be quite miserable. I've heard about Houston's insane humidity, but I've never visited other than flight layovers. That was one of the trips I cancelled. So, I guess it's really important to stay aware of the weather forecasts in TX, huh?

Funny thought... While texting with a childhood friend he mentioned how his son seems to have a like that we both had in common growing up. That like is that we always looked forward to spring because... everyone wore less clothes which was always a good thing in checking out the women;).

5. Tamstrong

Texas heat is definitely miserable, and Houston's humidity is the worst. It's a lot easier to get warm than it is to cool off. Yep, especially when it comes to those thunderstorms that like to turn into tornadoes.

Lol. I think that's something all straight men have in common. ;)

6. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

It’s been foggy out here the last couple mornings but this heat dry as fuck during the day.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

105 yesterday

8. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

It’s gonna be a long summer here in Cali lol.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's crazy.

Summers in SoCal are usually Ideal. At those temps a brother might as well spend the whole summer in Miami. lol

10. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

11. K

K Well-Known Member

I'm in Nor Cal

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What the hell? Are y'all literally burning coal in the streets??

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

14. K

K Well-Known Member

It was 102 today and it's supposed to be 84 tomorrow and it may be 73 Saturday and rain.

It's 70 at 11:30pm.

15. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Nor Cal is blazin. Down here it may say it’s in the 70s but it feels shitty during the day. It’s only gonna get worse I feel like. Still I’d rather be down here than up there.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

July and August is when I'd rather be in SoCal.

17. DudeNY12

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Spooky, magical thinking humans fighting over race like it's real.

Pathetic

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Well, there are a good number of videos showing all of the bait and trap settings (like a pile of neatly placed bricks by stores), as well as white guys with walkie talkies in all black with hammers looting and breaking things.

It’s just more of the same tactics they always use.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yep

It's just that the root of it all is just asinine to me. (magical thinking)

My goal is to be as divorced from society as possible at some point. I mean actual water separating me from everyone. Getting that money is the only way it's going to happen. I guess the next best thing would be a place far away in the mountains. The cold sucks but maybe it's worth it.