Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Why not? It's a gift with a challenge. Maybe he's just keeping things fun.

2. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Maybe, if that’s the kind of person he is.
    If not I’d feel like he doesn’t REALLY want to give me that money so I’d tell him if you don’t really feel free to give me that money then don’t bother. I guess the person who is in a relationship with that guy knows how it’s meant...

3. Madeleine

You know you live in a super white place when Yam, Plantain and okra is nowhere to be found.
    My usual food rotation is dead and the withdrawal symptoms are real in this house.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Okra sounds good right now, with some squash and some of that shrimp pasta and salmon I had yesterday.

5. Madeleine

That sounds good. I want something hot&spicy for dinner.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. That could be anything. Mexican? Spicy I could do, but hot doesn't agree anymore. My favorites are seafood and Italian paired with red wine or simply whisky and wings.

Thanks to you this will be a catfish and okra day.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Why are there 70 year olds on campus today? LMAO. I'm skipping going to the mall then coming back for the library

8. Madeleine

A roasted half-ripe plantain with pepper sauce would be nice. But it ain’t there, so I had to compromise.

Seafood makes a lot of sense where you live.

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

My mother bought me an 1974 Datsun 260Z as an early graduation present for my senior year of high school. It was a little more than a decade old at the time but was in great shape. Later on I bought a 1982 Toyota Supra with the sun roof. The Supra was cool. But, the 260 was my girl. I loved that car. So much fun to drive. Plus, it looked great. Always turned heads. Wish I still had it today. Even though I can't drive it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  10. K

K Well-Known Member

They've really been promoting elderly taking classes to stay engaged. I thought they were more doing outreach to senior centers and such. They are also recruiting some as mentors. But truth is, more and more people are having to gain skills and get back in the workplace in later years too.

I'm old enough and was taking a few classes at the local JC, nervous that I would really stand out. But there were people waaaay older than me on campus. A few that had to be in their 80s with walkers! LOTS were in the 65ish range looking for their next job/career after retiring. California and Florida have very high elderly populations.

11. Madeleine

Has anyone of you lovely people been to South Africa?

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The 260's are nice, I like every model of the Z so far. What I don't like is the direction they are going with cars these days. The new Supra is the worse of them all tho. I'm expecting it to flop. The Genesis coupe costs about 15k less and has more HP lol. I love the Z cars tho. I still have my fair lady 350z.

Hopefully the new Z doesn't drop the manual option. It's supposed to be 4wd. If the body style is decent it's a must have. Not much out there that I like now days with most newer model cars.

WOW that is crazy! When I seen them they were all coming out of the same building walking to their cars. Since it was already a strange day, I decided not to force my plans and skipped out....lol.

I can't imagine them getting around on campus and carrying laptops lol. It would make more sense for them to take on line classes but I bet most struggle with computers. JC makes more sense for them than a University since it's more immediate hands on skills. Will they be taking student loans? lol.

I don't know what they were doing there. Elderly people in FL seem to never come outside, it's easy to forget that they are even here.

I'm trying to imagine them in a class with laptops lol. Honestly the worse job I ever had is when I worked technical support. Trying to assist elderly people over the phone is a no go. LMAO. At least I got to laugh when I audited other people's calls. It was hysterical!!

At that age, the only thing I want to be doing is sailing, and hobbist work in my own garage.

13. K

K Well-Known Member

LOL!!! Maybe they were taking some sort of computer class? Who knows! There's definitely some money to be made in teaching them technology, for those who have the patience.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL. I think we should offer people in prison the opportunity to assist them over the phone. Yeah it's that rough trying to assist them with even the most basic technology. No law abiding citizen should have to experience that nightmare.

15. Madeleine

Trevor Noah has been stealing jokes from Russel Peters? Come on Trevor, don’t do that to me!

16. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I took an over 2 year break from here. I would pop in occasionally and read some of the threads that were available to read without logging in. I think Tarshi's thread in the Welcome section inspired me to log back in. I had to search in my email for my password. LOL.

Nothing much has changed in my life. I did get a dog. He's awesome.

Other than that, I'm currently searching for a house or condo to buy. Fingers crossed I can find something.

I hope everyone is doing well!

17. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

What's with the new wallpaper on this site? :rolleyes:

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

My very pro-black, used to running things, big(but tiny) older sister is coming to visit my gf and I for a couple of days.

Wish me luck.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

As a man with my own tiny older sister, I know how it can be. I have grey hair in my beard but she still sees her baby brother.

20. Madeleine

So I had my Nigerian mother in law and older sister in law here with us for 4 weeks last year. It wasn’t easy.
    Your own case is just a few days...this too shall pass!
    As for the used to running things part, your girlfriend should be nice and respectful and all but sometimes one needs to also draw the line...
    That’s my take. Most of all,enjoy the time! It’s your sister after all.