Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. houston

very hot very steamy in houston

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No respite. I've been to Houston and we stayed in airconditioning..way too humid.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I love Terra Chips.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

It got good again the last half of the season. I don't think the show should be a full season show. Maybe 12 episodes per season tops. Plus, whoever did the music in the first season needs to come back. Season 2 songs were just okay. A couple of good ones. The rest was ... meh

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Empire is a musical drama?

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Seriously considering adoption to add to our family. I always felt like I wanted to have more and as I get older (just turned 35), I'm feeling more and more drawn to adoption. I've carried babies, I've delivered babies, I've breastfed babies, I've been down this road and as incredible as it is, there are soo many children in need of a good home, something we can offer them, I feel like adoption is what we're meant to do. I'm blessed to have a man that's completely on board and has the same desire to add to our family through adoption. It's scary at times to know we'll be starting all over again with a little one, but it's a beautiful-scary :heart:

7. samson1701

Adopted children are the best! But, as an adopted kid, I may be biased. ...lol

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You are such an amazing person kid

9. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

That's wasup, I've always wanted to adopt long before I had my own children. Personally I found having children a selfish act when so many kids out there need a loving home. I'll revisit adoption when my kids are teens.

10. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Lol maybe a tad biased ;) Adoption would be pretty amazing for our already blended family though :heart:

He and I would make the most beautiful babies lol but I can't in good conscience go down that road knowing that we could give that same love to a little one whos already born and so in need of a good home with a great mommy and daddy.

You know, I've desired to adopt since before I had kids too. I knew I wanted to carry babies and go that route, but I've also always felt like I'd add to my family through other ways as well. I truly think it's just in some people...like us, from an early age knowing this is where are hearts are at.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

That's sooo great!

Just know it can be a tough route to go. Many of the adoptive parents I know (myself included) will tell you that the adoption process was the toughest "pregnancy" and "birth" they went through. It can be a really emotional journey. There's a lot to learn and it's important to really do your research. Unfortunately, there is a lot of mess out there in the adoption world. You are thorough about things and will do great with it all.

One of the best pieces of advice we were given was to know that there will be many cases you cross that will tug at your heart, but always make sure the you consider, protect and take care of your existing family first. That seems like a no brainer, but I'll tell you - there were several times when I was really glad it was pointed out to me.

The starting over part can be tough at times, but there are many great things about it too!

You're in for a wild and amazing ride!

(One of the best things I've ever done.)

12. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

congrats

13. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

That's cool

14. samson1701

Oh, my. ... For the first time in the almost seven years we've been together, my GF showed me just a hint of jealousy. Woooww. ...lol

I was mixing a song I'd recorded back when she went to her parents' place in KS. So, she hadn't heard it before. She asked me who was singing? I told her Jaki. The girl I used the last time. She asked when did she do this? "While you were visiting your folks " I said.

That's when she slapped me with the, 'You had her over here while I was gone?" Then it hit me. This girl is a little jealous. ...lol

She played it off like it wasn't a big deal. But, I could tell it nicked her a bit.

Of all the women, young and old, I've had over to sing for me (whether she was home or not), of all the women who have been, in my opinion, flirty right in front of her, she picks this one to wonder about.

It was cute. But strange for her. Yes, the girl is young and cute but, so are most of the female vocalists I record with.

Still funny, though.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Had to feel good fam. You're worth getting annoyed about lol

16. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Wow! That's such awesome news. If y'all decide to adopt... I wish you well.

17. samson1701

Yeah. Nice to know the old man still has it. ...lol

18. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Spent a few days in the hospital, but now I"m out resting

19. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I hope all is well and you fell better.

20. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Hope TDK(and DudeNY12 if he is in nyc) is safe.