Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn might have to check it out after this glowing review

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I saw a similar show on a different channel and it was really cool. I might have to check this out. I'd love to research my own family history, but I can only go back a couple of generations and then our written history was lost in a fire.

What was so fascinating about the P Diddy and LL Cool J show?

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

If I told you, it would ruin the surprise. :)

There aren't any records anywhere for your family tree?

One of my great grandmother's was born in Chicago and her birth record was lost in the Chicago Fire. It's very frustrating.

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

My mother knows her grandparents' names. Beyond that, everything is gone. My dad knows even less about his family. I'm hesitant to spend the money to join Ancestry because I have so little to go on.

So you said the show is online?

5. Bookworm616

You could start with familysearch.org. It's completely free and you can even start a family tree.

If you find more information than you thought you ever would, you could make the decision to try ancestry.

Yes, it's online.

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard of that site. I'll check it out. Thanks, Books!

7. Bookworm616

You're welcome!

It's the Mormon site. You will have to set up an account to make a tree, but it's free.

A word to the wise, I learned this the hard way (I have 2 trees on Ancestry because of it, LOL), when looking up records, try your hardest to find multiple sources confirming the names are correct and dates and the parents' names are correct. When I searching one side of my tree, after they uploaded a ton of German records, I found the names of what I assumed were my ancestors, by birth records, but I also looked for the parents' marriage licenses (sometimes you have to search several pages to find it) and the marriage licenses should hopefully contain at least the father's name, too.

Familysearch.org is less user friendly, IMHO, than Ancestry, but it's still a great source. I found many of my ancestors on familysearch.org that filled in my ancestry tree.

The one great aspect of the Mormon site is that when you click on "Search" you can fill out information on the left OR you can click on an area of the world to the right and search through records that way. That will also help you figure out if the records you're searching for are online now.

Sorry for the long reply, I've just been doing this for so long and learned a lot by trial and error, so hopefully I can save you even a little bit of time with this information.

Good luck! :smt023

8. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm taking a screenshot of your post for reference!

9. Bookworm616

What is going on with this place?

It's been like this:

[YOUTUBE]Re72di5phM0[/YOUTUBE]

for weeks now. Where is everyone?

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

In the men's locker room..

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

But that's the main reason to log on. We need to have those deep and meaningful conversations about women giving men rimjobs.....

12. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Indeed!!! :neutral::)

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Your house is on fire and you can save only one thing....what is it?

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]IJ_Sk6k6UZc[/YOUTUBE]

Little girl rocks it

15. blackbrah

blackbrah Well-Known Member

Ariana Grande got some pipes

[YOUTUBE]j7uBph38kXo[/YOUTUBE]

16. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Always has :) love that chick

17. blackbrah

blackbrah Well-Known Member

If young metro don't trust you imma shoot ya.

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Got pipes and can get pi ...

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

People always talking about how kids look so grown these days and how early they hit puberty but nobody talks about how we are aging better than ever these days.

As a child growing up, I swear people in they 50s looked old as fuck but these days, they looking damn near 15 years younger.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Very good point. I see people in their 60s and 70s in the gym all the time