Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I hear you guys but as of late I realize how short this merry go round is called life. My friends boyfriend died at the end of last year only a couple of years older than me. He had stage 4 cancer and didn't even know it. Tall lean healthy looking guy and was carrying around cancer and then died 4 months after the diagnosis. I don't know where this thing is gonna go with me and this girl but if anything I want to give her this gift because meeting her awakened something in me I thought was long dead. I really believed that excitement was gone I've seen it all and done it all. It's good to know life still has some positive surprises.

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

That's why I like the thought behind his gift. He's not just throwing a $100 gift at her in an attempt to impress, he's put thought into something special for her. I think it shows that he values thought and effort, not just meaningless gifts.

TDK regardless of what you do for her bday, I think she'll know soon enough that you're not the one to just throw money at a woman so whatever you do for her, she'll appreciate it because she'lol know it came from the heart.

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Glad to hear, and I hope it continues to blossom. Also.... as many of the others said... I like the gift idea. I definitely wouldn't focus on the dollar amount. It's clearly a thoughful gift, and I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I'm with Sam

TDK.. Slow your roll . do that type of thing when you have been with her at year 2+

5. RaiderLL

He's not proposing to the girl, he's just giving a gift from the heart that he thinks she'll love. If she's as good a woman as he thinks (hopes), she'll love it regardless of whether it cost a dollar or a thousand dollars.

I think sometimes men are too guarded with their feelings, trying not to "rush things" but they eventually lose the interest of the one they like because playing aloof backfires. It's childish imo. If I'm dating a guy and he tries to act like joe cool, no emotions, no attachment/feelings about the relationship, I'd be gone. I don't play games, be upfront and own your feelings. That's how you get the respect of a real woman.

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I told a young guy (25) at work who's been dating his gf for about 6 months about this idea and what it cost and then how long TDK and this woman have been going out. His first response was "Super clingy, creepy guy." :smt081 I was like "Whoa..."

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Its not about being aloof....its about waiting and not coming off as rushing things. U can tell a woman you enjoy spending time with her in the first 6months but this is almost like aaying "i love you". The gift is cool....its not the time.

8. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

He said it's been a little over a month. Yes, it's still early, but they've also been communicating pretty regularly. In TDK's own words they usually talk for over 1 hour each time. That tells me that there's plenty of mutual interest. I just don't see this as rushing. Maybe things are different since I'm in my late 40s .

9. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

a month in is too soon in my opinion...especially with V day right around the corner too...to me it screams trying too hard

I also think that TDK should take a step back..he always gets angry about how much money he is spending and has regrets later

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

A whole hour a day!!!!!????

In 2 months theyll should live together and 3 months later get married

:). ;-)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  11. RaiderLL

I guess I just can't see the comparison between a thoughtful gift at 1 mo in, and I love you. They're worlds apart imo and this gift is nothing more than what you'd give to a friend whom you really even so I don't think it's rushing at all. That's jmo tho.

I agree. I think people really limit themselves by second guessing how others will view them. Crazy. If he likes her and wants to do a thoughtful thing, do it. We get one life, why live it worried about how you'll be perceived ya know?

12. The Dark King

Cosign

13. The Dark King

Well at that age you know the cost of stuff but never the value of people. He's at an age where perception and what others think still matters to him. I won't knock him because I would have said the same thing at 25 but I'd rather to true to myself rather than worry about how things look. Besides why would I want a woman who can't appreciate sincere thoughtfulness?

14. The Dark King

Never once has it been about money it's always been about entitlement and lack of appreciation. I never spend what I can't afford.

15. The Dark King

I wonder what would be appropriate then?
    A kiss on the cheek and a slap on the ass?

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

In my defense, I did say get her something equally as thoughtful for her birthday. Then give her the book later when they've gotten deeper into their relationship.

I never said he should show no emotions, play Joe cool or not form any attachments or feelings regarding the relationship. I simply thought he should slow up a bit. It's only been a month. Being a little cautious, but still openly and honestly moving toward a relationship with someone is not playing games. Real women respect that, too.

Bruh, we old. We better rush. We coming up on the other side of that hill and our knees could go at any time. ...lol

Fam, as I said, do what you feel. If it works out great. But, if it doesn't that's great because you find out sooner or later. One thing that worries me, though. You posted that you'd thought you would never feel this again.

Don't allow yourself to believe that. If this doesn't work, you'll eventually meet another who'll make you feel all teenage girly inside. Love is like that. Especially when you're not expecting it but open to anything.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Exactly....its the new thing...then he will notice the pimple on her elbow and go "eeewww"

Dudeny12 played the age card

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Trust me - he doesn't care what other people think. Lol.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Now there you go.

Wrap your dick in a bow and u are good

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

:smt043 You ain't right.