Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Green light. Her bday just happened to come soon. (if you guys have at least been intimate, if not it's too soon do it randomly and later.)

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

This was my thought, too. And what I meant about precedent is that if a man gave me a $100 gift early in, I would feel that he may expect the same from me and I'm not ready to spend that much money on someone I've only known for a month. I don't think I'm alone in my thinking.

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

TDK, In the end, you know her, we don't. Go with what feels right. I think she will love it because it demonstrates that you're paying attention and that's priceless.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I appreciate the input guys. If it goes south I can always keep it. It was a favorite of mine as a kid too. The Velveteen Rabbit

5. K

K Well-Known Member

I'm sure you aren't alone in your thinking. I just think that's ridiculous. People should not feel that their gift giving should be limited by some odd set of unspoken rules that MAY exist somewhere.

People spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time thinking about ridiculous things! WTF would you go around being concerned that someone MAY think/expect something from you? Either people are grown ups and express what they feel and think, or they aren't. No wonder so many people have so many problems relating to one another.

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Awww. Loved that book when my son was little!

7. K

K Well-Known Member

LOL ok now you are sounding like the episode of Friends when Chandler bought that for Joey's gf's bday.

;)

8. The Dark King

Not familiar before my time lol

9. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

They don't make sitcoms like Friends any more. My son has all 10 seasons. And TDK, my son is younger than you so it's not before your time.

10. The Dark King

Did he watch it as it aired or on Netflix? lol

11. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

We started watching it as it aired. He had visions of college life being like Friends. Lol. We still watch it on Netflix.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

this was my first thought but her bday is here, gotta do something. Shouldn't be a big deal if he isn't suffocating her.

13. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I love that you're drawn to positive energy :heart: Prolly doesn't hurt that she actually is the hottest girl in the room on any given occasion lol :smt007:freehug:

Fibber. I'm younger than you and I know every word from every episode...and I watched as it aired lol

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Like you don't remember Friends, they rerun it somewhere everyday. You ain't that young. Quit lying

15. The Dark King

I'm saying when it was popular it wasn't on my radar it was for 20 and 30 somethings I wasnt there yet. When it wad popular I liked shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed.
    I wasn'tthe intended audience

16. The Dark King

You're the same age liar lol and maybe it was a young white girl thing because I had zero interest watching a show about adults living in the city. We were in hs kid

17. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Hahaha friends is a young white girl thing but you watched Buffy and Charmed?! Dude your tv preferences leave much to be desired lol

And I am younger. By about 6 weeks lol

18. The Dark King

Yeah because at least Buffy was parallel with our age group. Friends was about people in their 20s and 30s. I guess I just couldn't relate on any level.
    I always liked Sci fi fantasy since it was more inclusive

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Do what you feel. But if you do give it to her, fade back a little bit so she doesn't feel obligated or crowded. And don't make a big deal about it. But, the next time you get her something I'd make sure it wasn't as valuable monetarily. That way she understands that while you're not cheap, you're not going to be spending money on her willy nilly style. If she's hot like you say she is, guys are always trying impress her with spending money and trying get her every little thing her heart desires. Don't be one of them. She'll respect you more if you're not.

Personally, I'd get her something cheaper but equally as thoughtful this B-day. Then hold on to the book and surprise her with it when things are a little more serious between you two. She'll aprecite you and it more.

20. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Personally, I endorse this thought.

Hold onto the book for Christmas or the next bday.