Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Do you get netflix on your tv or in the mail? We have a subscription on the tv...there is no wait time??

2. z

z Well-Known Member

Lolz, the drama, I feel like I am at our family reunion .........

3. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Well said my friend :cool:

4. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Great movie. I liked it better than the book, which is a rarity for me.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

If you had netflix on tv ud know they rarely get spanking new, critically-acclaimed releases

:p

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I have a sudden craving for jack and Pepsi

:drinkers:

'Its 5 o'clock somewhere!'

7. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I watch most movies on the low thru the Internet. I am hopeful 50 shades will be on there... I want to see the movie but I'm hesitant because I don't want that crap to be cheeseballs. I don't want to spend $$ on it.

Gone girl was pretty good. I like how it wasn't predictable. Just when I assuned I knew how it would end, they switched it up.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Part of being on the low is not telling people :p

And 50 shades is already being panned by critics....don't spend money on it

9. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Lol I'm slow

Therefore I am not paying to see it lol

10. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Spanking new is for the theater...netflix is for catching up!

11. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Can I say that I really love the nightly show!!!

Makes me wish Larry would take over for John. I wasn't a big fan but Larry won me over by the second episode.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No sir Dave Chapelle

13. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

For you, Blissimo...

Happy Valentines Day :freehug:

[YOUTUBE]mVlg1BtMbvg[/YOUTUBE]

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

to take over stewarts spot will be tuff.

15. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]E7tiEZmGHcI[/YOUTUBE]

The executive branch has already commented on this but wow

The police paralyzed a man. we aren't even out a quater of the year and the police are on the news.

Also the FBI director mentioned young men of color and the police. well let me tell you this is a police problem and not a young men of color problem. Mr. Patel was an old man and they still tried to paralyze him. Eric garner also wasn't an old man. The woman that got beat by LAPD in the middle of the high way. also not a young man of color.

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

thats suppose to " with the loveliness..."

17. The Dark King

You're right most don't but it's mostly what's presented and it can be irksome considering that in that particular dynamic you guys can be everyday people ordinary as toast but the bm usually have to be supermen of some sort.
    Again great for them though

18. K

K Well-Known Member

I think more often than not, to get to be with a superman takes being a superwoman.

19. The Dark King

Not really. Most women are ordinary in comparison to their supermen husbands or boyfriends. They usually just benefit from good timing. I look at a lot of these athlete's wives and outside of looks they are very mediocre people in comparison.
    Take Tiger Woods' ex wife she was a nanny when he met her and he was the world's best golfer.
    There are definitely exceptions like Clooney's wife or Bob Johnson's ex wife but the great thing about being a woman is being attractive can really get you a lot without having to do much.

20. K

K Well-Known Member

Interesting. Well I guess the biggest difference in opinion with this is that I don't consider a man to be a "superman" based on being a star athlete, fame, or wealth. You may be surprised to find out how many women avoid what you are holding out as being superman. Being a really great man is all about their character.

You are making judgments on the wives of these men who you hold out as being supermen. There are all sorts of characteristics that can make someone extraordinary. My guess would be that in most of the situations you are describing, the man was able to see something that is much more than the surface crap that outsiders may see. Usually, there is much more to any story than what anyone who is not involved in it.