Ex-President Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackbull1970, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Probably. That idiot has pissed off just about everyone else, so it would be no surprise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Apple computers are bringing out their new top-of-the-line Mac-Pro, which hasn't been updated since 2013.
    Tim Cook had arranged for it to be manufactured in China.

He had dinner with President Trump. After their dinner, Cook announced the Mac-Pro will be now built in the United States, in a facility in Austin, Texas. The reason Tim cited was the tariffs and offered excemptions.

Score 1, the United States,
    0, China.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2019/09/apples-new-mac-pro-to-be-made-in-texas/

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/apple-manufacturing-mac-pro-austin-texas-tariff-exemption.amp

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Impeachment proceedings against Donald Trump are going to throw a curveball into the 2020 campaigns, but to be honest at this point I can't tell if it's going to help or hurt The democratic candidates.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If they fail he gets his "Teflon Don" status reaffirmed.

The leader of the Free world officially gets nicknamed after the former Gambino crime boss.

Being that people want to be entertained by politicans, that will give him a good boost.

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Honestly, it probably even won't matter all that much. If a voter is going to support Trump at this point in time then they know about all of the corruption/dishonesty/etc. and just don't care. Neither the threat of impeachment or actual impeachment is going to change their minds about him.

If not for the Senate, I'd say that Democrats should just crank it up and go for it but the Senate would never find him guilty and remove him from office.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The only real concern I have is that since Trump is an agent of chaos, this whole thing will become a three-ring circus that stumbles the Democrats, especially if Donny-boy comes out the other side unscathed.

8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Impeachment is a huge waste of time and our tax dollars as trump will never be removed, convicted with two thirds vote in the senate. This is very risky for the dems and one big partisan grandstand to try to paint trump as a criminal, even though I can’t stand trump I’m just not sure what I have heard so far rises to the level of high crimes, and the republicans will use this as proof of a witch-hunt and trump will paint himself as. Victim and that could be sympathetic to some voters

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I wish people would stop saying there's no way the Senate would ever impeach Trump.

Before the Nixon impeachment proceedings, there was no way Senate Republicans were going to impeach him either, until they actually SAW and HEARD the impeachment testimonies and told Nixon if he didn't resign, they were going to impeach him.

This isn't like when Clinton was impeached in the House because he lied about a blow job.

Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice, extortion of a foreign power to help him smear a political rival and violating the Constitution, just as a start.

When the Dems are done with impeachment proceedings in the House, I seriously doubt 50 Republican senators are going to be willing to put their names out there voting to defend this scumbag.

10. andreboba

Withholding $250 mil in military aid to Ukraine unless they find dirt on Joe Biden doesn't sound like a crime to you, Loki??

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This guy really believes in the political system. No wonder you blame capitalism for everything. When you have that much faith in politics what else is there for you to blame?

Mind you the only "skill" or "talent" of a suit is kissing ass and of course lying with the hope of getting a favor in return. With that said this is an opportunity.

12. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Hi might have been better to spend all thatmoney helping the peoe and its economy. Rather than on weapons.
    America should stay out of European affairs.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Who else is helping Ukraine with their problem with Russia?

A lot of Americans agree that we should stop giving money to European countries period.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

given that he did release the funds eventuallyhe can spin the delay in a million ways to slither out of that, remember if impesched he will face a literal trial in the senate and will put on a vigorous defense

15. andreboba

????
    I believe in politicians covering their asses. Why do you think Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell allowed a unanimous consent vote to allow the Senate to see the entire whistleblower complaint that was sent to DNI, the same report Trump's IG Bob Barr is blocking Congress from seeing??

Rats jump ship when the boat is sinking.

BTW it's YOUR political system too. When you abandon all faith in our government, laws and checks and balances, you've basically lost all faith in the country, at which point capitalism isn't going to do much for you.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't think our government is useless, but it is what needs to be fixed. I also don't expect the world of it, because that's not what's it's for to begin with.

We will know the government has been fixed when the media doesn't have much to report on it. Our government isn't for entertainment or for personal salvation. All of these talented artists in media and yet government literally competes for attention. Pathetic.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Since you want us up to European standards, how about getting our political system there? None of these rankings have a damn thing to do with capitalism.

"encompassing civil liberties, the electoral process and pluralism, government functionality, political participation and political culture."
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...tries-for-democracy-infographic/#492d97083fff

[​IMG]

18. sarah23

How come its an non European country that is "helping"Ukraine ? ?
    Maybe America should just keep helping its great democratic friend Turkey.
    A country which continues to occupy part of an EU country.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Because maybe they are our allies. Why isn't a European country helping them while they are being bullied by a dictator to their east?? You don't think America should have helped when Germany invaded France?? If we can help France then why not Ukraine??

What country does Turkey occupy? You're saying they invaded an EU country??

20. sarah23

Northern Cyprus
    But the USA doesnt place sanctions against Turkey.
    Double standards.