Ex-President Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackbull1970, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

While it would certainly be good news to see the end of the war and end to nuclear threats, at best it is unknown what affect Trump's tough talk, threats, and sanctions had on the situation. Prior administrations certainly talked tough to N. Korea, with mixed results. Some would argue that it is only now that N. Korea's one and only nuclear facility is now in ruins due to a mountain collapsing on it, that they are coming to the table to talk peace, and that was the prime motivation. No doubt Trump will trumpet this as a victory, but as usual with something this important and historic, there were many factors at play.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43895428

Claim
    : Donald Trump and South Korean President Moon Jae-in agree the US President deserves credit for peace talks with North Korea.

Verdict: Only the historical record will reveal what influenced these talks, but evidence suggests it was the South Koreans who encouraged dialogue with the North, along with pressure from Chinese enforced sanctions.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

http://people.com/music/trump-talks-kanye-west-support-fox-and-friends-kardashians-unfollow-rapper/

The POTUS is obviously big on making statements to catch people's attention (often untrue and/or misleading), but his statements consistently lack explanation/following up with supportive statements/facts.

I REALLY would love to know what great things Kanye West is doing for the Black/Latino community? His music is one thing, but it certainly doesn't benefit anyone other than he and his family. His expensive sneakers?... C'mon now! What could it possibly be that West is doing that's so great?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

He's got money and a trophy wife. That's all you need to convince the vast majority that you're great. The average person will believe someone must be doing something right if they have certain things that they themselves don't have.

4. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

He said nice things about Trump. In Trump's mind, that is the only thing that matters. #dragonenergy

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Is Kanye's dragon energy anything like Charlie Sheen's tiger blood? We see how that worked out for him.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

That pressure from China came from the U.S.
    What happened here?
    Kim met his match. A guy who played crazier than him. Check mate.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Dear lord, it's like someone's bipolar grandfather went off his meds. I really want to see how some conservative Stretch Armstrong tries to spin this.

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I don't think we had anything to do with the Korean Summit.

I know the USA didn't broker it since currently we have no Secretary of State.
    If NK decides to denuclearize, that's a deal made between them and South Korea.

9. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! The only people who'd fear the POTUS are those working for him in his companies, WH staff/cabinet and clearly some of congress. Why in the world would a crazy dictator be moved by a wanna be tough guy? No doubt Trump probably tried the tough-talk and maybe even outright threats, but I don't see that suddenly swaying a mad man who knows fully well that while he can't win... He can certainly cause lots of disaster on his way down.

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Disagree somewhat here, Trump clearly did implement sanctions against NK, however China has been exerting pressure for years before Trump. You can't deny the timing of their nuclear facility being destroyed and them coming to the table to negotiate peace though Bliss. Although some are doubting just how much damage the 6.3 earthquake did to the facility.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Reality and facts are immutable. We don't entertain "alternative facts" here.

12. Paniro188

Paniro188 Active Member

I'm pretty sure I didn't make myself clear here.

13. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Twenty bucks says he made that entire phone call on the toilet. I'd normally say he was unhinged but that word isn't anywhere strong enough.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Disagree with ya. China were not. They let him roam.
    Which is why l stated that a fed up Trump put the boot on China's neck to reign Rocket Man in.

And just look who advised him it was time to get tough... Lol, one guess..

Here...

During a private meeting between Trump and Obama..

Obama encouraged then President-elect Donald Trump... a strategy of ratcheting up pressure both on North Korea and its ally China...

According to Wolfsthal, the outgoing Obama team presented two options to Trump for dealing with the North Korean threat: seek a freeze on North Korea's nuclear and missile programs through direct engagement, and increase pressure on North Korea through China.

Make it clear to China that their continued protection of North Korea was beginning to undermine American security interests and that we would increasingly have to take steps to protect our interests in a way that might undermine China's own security was a strategy that we believed was going to bear fruit,” said Wolfsthal in. 2017

(Wolfsthal served until recently as Obama's special assistant and senior director at the National Security Council for arms control and nonproliferation.)

Now go ahead and disagree, Loki :D

15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

*chuckle*, not sure what I'm supposed to be disagreeing with Bliss. Clearly Trump is following a plan that Obama laid out to increase pressure on NK, I already said Trump raised the sanctions, and that clearly played a part in driving them to the negotiating table. China has increased and decreased pressure on NK before Trump based on how much pushback they got from other countries and the UN, we will have to agree to disagree that they just let him roam.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yay!
    [​IMG]
    I knew you wouldn't disagree when oh wise-one Obama was involved. Lol :D

Kidding aside, this is a great outcome.
    Obama advised and Trump executed. See what greatness occurs when both sides work for and towards the one goal? :cool: God Bless America, lol! :D

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize",
    says South Korean President Moon for helping to broker an end to hostilities with Kim Jong-un and a 'complete denuclearization'.

That picture alone, is historic and incredible. These monumental Peace moves are almost surreal.

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

You mean, like this one, from 2000, with SK POTUS Kim Dae Jung and Kim Jong Il??
    [​IMG]

Trump and his entire administration are being played by the North Koreans.

By gutting the State Department and not appointing a professional diplomat to run it, there aren't enough people surrounding Trump with the institutional memory to know how to deal with NK.

This so called detente between NK and SK is less about denuclearizing NK and more so to give them international legitimacy in order to receive foreign aid from countries like the U.S.

And South Korea.

This issue is so complicated, yet Trump thinks he has some magical solution none of his predecessors before him had figured out.

BTW Kim did win the Nobel Prize in 2000 for easing tensions between NK and SK. Later it was found out that SK paid hundreds of millions of dollars to broker this historic summit.

Trump needs to be very careful in taking credit for something that could end up becoming an international scandal, the way it became in 2000.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He's never taken credit. Show me where he has. Plenty of others are praising him but he has never said it's because of him.

Also, was his father lobbing rockets?

In 2000...why has it taken 18 years for the same diplomacy? Weve had 2 Presidents with "State Departmentss" since then.
    Including Ms Russia "Reset button" Hillary.

20. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Sure he has Bliss, 1:28 of video below