Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

She has leukemia. She's high risk because they found cancerous cells in her spinal fluid. She had 4 weeks of chemotherapy (between 3-5 treatments per day) which just finished. Baby girl is very swollen, but has the sweetest shaved head of any little girl you've ever seen! She'll have her bone marrow tested again Monday to see if she's in remission. If not, chemo continues for another 4 weeks. She's handled the treatment so well, but just today she spiked a really high fever and has a bad cough. The flu is officially here in SD, and it has come on stronger than it has in recent years, so I worry especially with her compromised immune system.

Thank you for asking about her Tam, I really appreciate it :heart:

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

You're very welcome. I hope the test results are good and that the flu isn't too hard on her. Continued prayers & positive thoughts on the way. :freehug:

3. Tamstrong

I don't want to go into any details, but there's a lot of rough stuff going on for me & mine right now. Any prayers for me & my family for strength & help through it all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I'm sorry y'all are going through this difficult time Tam. Prayers coming your way love.

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Got you covered, Tammy. Much love to you. :freehug:

Phillipians 4:6-7

6. Tamstrong

Thank you for the prayers & the love, ladies. I appreciate it more than I can even express. Love & hugs to you both!

7. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

keep up your spirits and faith tamstrong. will include you and your beloved ones in my prayers aswell. :freehug:

8. Tamstrong

Thank you so much, Gemini! I appreciate it so much! :freehug:

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Love and prayers to you and yours Tam! I adore you and will send regular prayers starting now!

10. Tamstrong

Thank you for the prayers & the love, ladies! I appreciate it more than I can even express. Much love & big hugs to all of you!

I just got a bit of good news in regards to part of what's going on, and I have no doubt that the prayers were a huge help! Thanks again to all of you! :freehug: Thank you God for being there for us and for all of those who've offered prayers on our behalf!!! :smt049

11. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jesus! :smt026. There's more coming!

12. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Lifting you and your family up in prayer, Tam.

13. Tamstrong

Thankfully He never fails to take care of us when, especially when we remember that He's our strength & has our backs!

Thank you so much, Cherokee; I appreciate it! :freehug:

14. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

though I haven't been around much lately, I think of you often and seeing this, I am glad I stopped in...bless you dear friend with prayers to you and yours.

15. Tamstrong

Thank you so much, TC. Your thoughts & prayers are greatly appreciated. :freehug:

16. Tamstrong

My dad was just admitted to the hospital with a severe case of pneumonia, and I'd greatly appreciate any prayers on his behalf. Thank you.

17. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Got y'all covered in prayer, Tammy. :freehug: Much love.

18. Tamstrong

Thank you, Ches. Love you too. :freehug:

19. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

Coming from here too gf...lots of love to you!

20. Tamstrong

Thanks, TC. Lots of love to you too! :freehug:

We went to see him this evening after work, and he's doing a bit better than he was yesterday. They're giving him breathing treatments, and heavy-duty antibiotics. I didn't get to see him yesterday, but my brother said he looked so bad that he thought we might lose him. He looked terrible today, but thankfully he didn't look as bad as my brother said he did before. Hopefully he'll be well enough to go home within a few days. Several people around here have died from flu and pneumonia complications, and it's scary. It's so hard seeing him going downhill the way he has the last few years. With the strokes and the dementia and the lack of mobility, he's getting weaker all the time, and recovering from anything is a huge struggle for him.