Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Nebula J

Nebula J New Member

Appreciate the support fam. It was nice to hear the many kind words for him at the funeral today. He was a good man.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. My sincerest condolences. :(

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

An elderly woman I've known for many years & who is very dear & like a grandmother to me is having surgery today. She's in her early 90s and they recently found a malignant mass in her colon. She's been declining for a while now and I fear the surgery may be too much for her to handle. I was surprised that they're even going through with it with her age and her health status, but they're worried the cancer will spread. Any prayers on her behalf would be much appreciated.

4. jayarmy

jayarmy New Member

I just said a prayer for her Tam. Bless her!!

5. Tamstrong

Thank you, Jay, you're awesome. :smt058

She made it through okay, and they said for her age she's doing well. They also found another cancer issue with her gallbladder so they removed it while they were in there. She'll be the ICU for at least several days, but hopefully she'll have a solid recovery. I love her a lot, and I really appreciate the prayer on her behalf.

6. mama

mama Well-Known Member

That is so sad, she's the same age as my baby girl. My heart goes out to them. :(

7. Tamstrong

A friend of my son's died in a wreck last night. She was 17 and just graduated from high school. Please say a prayer for her family and friends. Thank you.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:( Terrible news. So young, so unfair. Prayers to her family and friends.

ps: Hope your son is ok (coping).

9. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

Damn that's really sad:(. My prayers goes out to that young lady and her family. And i'll pray that your son will handle this tragedy well.

10. Tamstrong

Thanks; I appreciate y'all. The news hit him pretty hard last night, but he's doing a little bit better today.

11. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

How terribly sad Tam, prayers to her family and for your son....

12. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Sad tam just sad. Her life was just really beginning. Prayers for her fam and your son. I hope all is well.

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I can't imagine the heartache....I'm praying for her family and friends and for your son, Tam. And you, as you watch him grieve. That's hard too.

14. Tamstrong

Thanks, everyone. I got a few more details about the accident...her vehicle was rear ended by a young man (24), and her vehicle rolled a few times. She wasn't wearing her seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle. I don't know if he was driving under the influence of anything, but he was arrested and charged with criminal negligent homicide. I hope he wasn't drunk or high and that it was just a horrible accident...I think he's in need of prayer, too.

You're so right, Ches...it's hard to see him hurting. I was honestly surprised to see my son break down, because he's usually pretty private about things like this. He may not have intended for me to see him though; I just happened to be in the room when he walked through the front door after hearing the news.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Prayers for all the millions of Americans still suffering in this heat without power from Friday nights devastating storms.:( Praying to God that power be restored quickly, meanwhile please keep them safe and get them through this.

16. Tamstrong

Definitely been keeping them on my prayer list...praying hard that relief comes quickly.

17. jayarmy

jayarmy New Member

Amen!!!

18. Black DeNiro

Thank you very much KB. I think yours and everybody's prayers helped me and others get through one of the worst times of our lives. Fucking heat is a bitch. But lets keep those who are still without power in our prayers. Nobody deserves that type of misery.

19. Tamstrong

I'm glad you're alright, BD. There are several members that were/are in the middle of all of the craziness, and I hope & pray they're okay as well.

20. Black DeNiro

Thank you for your prayers Tammy. Yeah I hope and pray they make out okay too.