POTUS secures release of UCLA's LiAngelo Ball from China

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Nov 15, 2017.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I think she takes the opposing position so she can argue on here non-stop. Sad existence. Guys like @Loki are super patient and reasoned, but I don't believe in engaging the mentally ill.

2. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

All T
    I'm done with her.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/10/04/politics/trump-generals-mattis/index.html

Unfortunately, all of trumps trash talking, generally forces units to be on alert quite often. Having been in the military, and overseas for many years, I know the protocol. It really fucks up morale as well.

I do see some conservative types enjoying his "fire and fury" approach to places like north korea. But, those that I have met (normally in places I frequent and the Gym), that enjoy it, aren't actually veterans and never served.

But, they all seem to "know a guy who served or is serving and he's totally cool with it" (my state is full of guys that talk this shit). It's pretty ridiculous, but his actions are very damaging.

I will admit that I considered voting for the guy, but after all of that sexual assault stuff I read, mixed with him seemingly unaware how anything works, I decided not to vote for him.

For the record, I didn't vote this election. It was between a racist misogynist who hates women and men of color, or a racist misandrist who hates men of color and sees us as super predators. So, I said fuck it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  4. RicardoCooper

That shit cracks me up. Like you don't watch yourself when venturing into the hood and these trap niggas are all misunderstood angels.

Unless you're a super-predator yourself, I don't see where you should be offended. I wasn't.

5. meowkittenmeow

I completely understand where you are coming from. But, if I can make sweeping generalizations about people in certain areas without causing issue or offending people, neither should a future presidential candidate.

6. RicardoCooper

Technically, she was talking about a specific set of grown men who coerce juveniles into committing crimes because the penalties are less. Again if the shoe doesn't fit peeps should have no problem with it. I sure didn't as I am not a "super-predator" in any sense. And even if she did mean "all" black men, so what? It still doesn't apply to me. My .02

7. meowkittenmeow

I understand what you are saying. I believe we have different opinions on the subject. No worries.

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Whenever BLM tells you someone is a racist, do some research just to confirm.:cool:

From Mother Jones:

In 1995, the criminologist and political scientist John DiIulio was invited to the White House to attend a working dinner on juvenile crime. “President Clinton took copious notes and asked lots of questions,” he reported. So what did DiIulio tell him? In late 1995 DiIulio wrote a magazine article that gives us a pretty good taste:

The Coming of the Super-Predators

We’re talking about kids who have absolutely no respect for human life and no sense of the future….And make no mistake. While the trouble will be greatest in black inner-city neighborhoods, other places are also certain to have burgeoning youth-crime problems that will spill over into upscale central-city districts, inner-ring suburbs, and even the rural heartland.

….”They kill or maim on impulse, without any intelligible motive”….The buzz of impulsive violence, the vacant stares and smiles, and the remorseless eyes….they quite literally have no concept of the future….they place zero value on the lives of their victims, whom they reflexively dehumanize…. capable of committing the most heinous acts of physical violence for the most trivial reasons….for as long as their youthful energies hold out, they will do what comes “naturally”: murder, rape, rob, assault, burglarize, deal deadly drugs, and get high.

9. meowkittenmeow

I don't develop my opinions based on the comments of that misandric group BLM. Considering that black men and black fathers aren't represented in their 12 guiding principles, even though black men are targeted more than black women, I have no interest in listening to anything BLM has to say.

My opinions are based on my own observations and experiences.

So, in the future, please do not associate me with that black feminist black man using/hating group known as BLM.

For the record, I do believe her super predator comment was based on men of color in general. However, that is not the only issue I have with her. My main issue is her inability to follow protocol (the same protocol I had to follow with my clearances). As well as other things she has done.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  10. RicardoCooper

I'm a black man and I approve this message

I pulled up outta the hood and away from the young thugs almost 20 years ago and have no intention on returning

11. RicardoCooper

Move those goalposts. LOL.

Do you, cowboy

12. RicardoCooper

All good

13. meowkittenmeow

Not moving goal posts, just my opinion. I have bashed BLM in a couple other threads as well. I really get a black feminist misandry vibe from them, and the more I learn about them the more I see them for what they are.

I get it that you like hillary and that is your choice, I have mentioned my issues with her in regards to following protocol in a number of threads pre election day as well.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

LaVar Ball pulls suspended son LiAngelo out of UCLA a month after arrest in China

By Alex Raskin Sports News Editor Associated Press 04 Dec 2017

Suspended UCLA forward LiAngelo Ball has been pulled out of school by father LaVar Ball.

'We are exploring other options with Gelo,' LaVar Ball told ESPN. 'He's out of there.'

'I'm not sitting back and waiting,' LaVar Ball said. 'He wasn't punished this bad in China.'

'We learned today of LiAngelo Ball's intention to withdraw from UCLA,' Bruins coach Steve Alford said in a statement. 'We respect the decision he and his family have made, and we wish him all the best in the future.'

The school was obviously aware of the decision, but LaVar Ball claimed he had yet to tell UCLA as of Monday afternoon.

'I haven't told any of those guys, 'Lavar told ESPN's Jeff Goodman. 'They didn't tell me anything, so why am I gonna tell them?'

Considered the lowest-rated recruit of UCLA's freshman class, the 6ft5 LiAngelo was given three out of five stars on ESPN's college basketball recruiting page, which criticized his lack of lateral quickness and overall defense.

But despite the perceived limits of LiAngelo's potential as a basketball player, LaVar insisted he would prepare his son to reach the NBA.

'I'm going to make him way better for the draft than UCLA ever could have,' he said.

'He's not transferring to another school,' LaVar added. 'The plan is now to get Gelo ready for the NBA draft.'

That plan may not come to fruition.

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, LiAngelo has 'no chance' at being drafted in June, and 'that was true before his shoplifting incident in China.'

'He's not on any of our scouting lists — even the extended lists,' on NBA general manager told Wojnarowski.

Like he did with LiAngelo, LaVar Ball previously pulled youngest son LaMelo Ball out of high school school earlier this year.

LaMelo - currently a high school junior and considered the biggest prospect of the three Ball brothers - was removed from Chino Hills High School so he could become 'the best basketball player ever,' according to father LaVar.

LaVar told The Los Angeles Times in early October that LaMelo would leave Chino Hills High School so he would have fewer distractions and better focus.

Last season, LaMelo drew national attention by scoring 92 points in a game for Chino Hills.

LaMelo plays on LaVar's traveling team, Big Baller Brand, which is associated with LaVar's apparel company of the same name.

[​IMG]

"[LiAngelo is] not on any of our scouting lists — even the extended lists"
    One NBA general manager to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski

LaMelo was expected to attend UCLA, like his older two brothers, but one source told ESPN that his commitment to the Bruins will likely be vacated. Furthermore, LaMelo's eligibility remains in question after LaVar's apparel company announced its intention to make a signature shoe that would be endorsed by his youngest son.

LaVar's Big Baller Brand's seakers in price from $220 to one pair that costs $995.

Lonzo currently has his own signature shoe while LaMelo's is on its way - the MB1, which costs $395, is available for pre-order and will ship sometime this month.

Hill and Riley could still return to the Bruins.

'It's really on the school,' UCLA coach Steve Alford said last week. 'It's in that process now. When that process ends, I'm sure the administration will bring me in.'

The players are subject to review for violating the university's Student Conduct Code, which includes a section on theft.

'I don't know all the ins and outs of how that takes place or the length of time. I don't think we're talking about months,' Alford said. 'We'll get feedback after that is over.'

As part of their indefinite suspensions, the players aren't allowed to suit up, practice or travel with the Bruins, who are 7-1 and dropped out of the Top 25 last week.

Ball, Hill and Riley publicly apologized for their transgression while reading prepared statements at a campus news conference on Nov. 15.

15. flaminghetero

The ACTUAL super predators are the ones that brought with them a CRIMINAL INFRASTRUCTURE ALREADY INTACT from Europe....immigrants like the Irish...Italians...and Jews.

Clinton is an Irish name....his ancestors were killing one another and gang-banging on the boat-ride over here.:D
    How dare trash like that toss names around.

Per Capita....crime in Chicago was worse in the 1920's and 30's than it is today.

Just think...what kind of communities are so low and vile they produced gangsters that we STILL know by name 70-80 years later.

Mofos like:

Mayer Lanskey...Legs Diamond...Bugsy Seagal...Al Capone...Dion O'Banion...Arnold Rothstien...Dutch Shultz...Gurra Shapiro...Abner Zwillman...Bonny and Clyde...Pretty Boy Floyd....Machine Gun Kelly...John Dillanger....ect ect ect.

That's not to mention the countless thugs that spawned them NONE being from Africa.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Don't for get Babyface Nelson, the guy that killed more law enforcement officers than anyone else in US history.

17. flaminghetero

It's so many of them they can't even keep track.

Ghettos today ain't shit compared to when European immigrants occupied them.
    No bombings....kidnappings....labor racketeering...shakedown schemes that even working people couldn't escape.