Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Parties and Games' started by Be-you-tiful86, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Since Pokemon Go has been released there have been plenty of people walking around trying to catch every Pokemon they can find.
    On the other hand there also seem to be plenty of people who aren't really interested in the game.
    Have you tried it? Like it? What do you like/dislike about it?

While I have not played it yet personally I see a pro in the fact that it gets people out, including people who usually rather stay at home, like for instance the "nerds" and hardcore gamers. Since they are out and walking they do a physical activity while gaming. That may help with weight loss issues to those who are a little on the heavier side,and also has other health benefits such as strenghtening your heart, lowering your risk for diseases like osteoporosis and dementia.
    Also I have seen people post actual events online to meet up to walk and catch Pokemon together. It's one way to meet new people with similar interests.

On the downside I see that for one the game shows exact pictures of buildings and spots,including of places that maybe shouldn't be so openly available.
    My work place for instance is big into the security guards stopping anyone from taking pictures of any place inside the fenced area,when they catch one trying to.
    However in Pokemon Go those pictures are easily available.
    People with bad intentions may use that to their advantage.It's a risk factor.
    Also some people get so absorbed in the game that they overlook obstacles while walking,and it leads to accidents. Of course this already happens with regular texting and gaming.So it isn't really specific to Pokemon Go.
    And of course you may miss out on noticing beautiful things in nature if you do go outside but only stare at the screen of your smartphone.

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Hardcore gamer who happens to *gasps* goes outside lol. The game is over hyped and people will be onto the next trendy thing soon enough. I played it this weekend with my family and caught 5 Pokemon. Game gets old quick. I cheated and just caught Pokemon by driving in my car.

3. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Haven't tried it. Don't think I will. The only phone game I play is clash of clans. Haha