Pictured: The US police officer 'who shot an Australian woman, 40, dead'

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Great question! The Police Chief from Cleaveland did not resign when a 14 year old black kid was killed.

2. z

z Well-Known Member

the mayor asked the chief to resign, why? she didn't shoot the lady. Plus she put both cops on administrative leave while the case is being investigated.

This type of stuff is what makes blks folks suspicious.......how come the chief was not asked to step down when Castile was gunned down in his vehicle

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Exactly. The glaring double standard is absolutely batshit. This is about as big a slap in the face as you can possibly get and we all know for a fact that if Diamond had been black, the mayor never would have asked the chief to resign.

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Oooooweeeee, this media bias.

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Another reason why the news has absolutely no value in my life anymore. I read the Wall St Journal and that's about it.

7. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

https://abagond.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/justine-damond/

FUCK the media you hear me!! Racism/white supremacy is REAL people!!!!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

At this point, this in some ways, makes me more upset than a blatant racial slur. With this, the media is acting there is no obvious bias in media portrayal and people are eating that shit up. Not Justine's fault but fuck the media and fuck them damn ducks.

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I suspect the cop will walk. I said to myself he is going to pull the old feared for my life routine. Watch ....

I'm not going to bother read all of this because most of the comments were said before the latest stuff was to be dropped. That being said there is clearly a racial issue with the police union. I wonder if this guy had not been Somalian and/or black if they would have defended him. The blue lives matter crowd disappeared.....

The only good point is that there may be a shot of reforming the police department but unlikely because the majority in this country live their daily lives not caring what happens until they run up against the problem and by then it is too late. They find out how little people care about police reform. The saying evil wins when good men do nothing is why we have so many cops who kill people. That excuse of feared for my life is a license to kill without any real consequences

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

How are you so confident, when that black cop in Louisiana a few months ago got 40 years for shooting & killing a white man who was a criminal trying to evade the police?

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

In the wake of Ferguson...

Embattled Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson resigned Wednesday, a week after a scathing Justice Department report slammed his department.

Jackson and the city "have agreed to a mutual separation," Ferguson officials announced.

"It's a really hard pill to swallow," Jackson said in a text message responding to CNN's request for comment....
    He also confirmed his resignation in a letter to Ferguson's mayor.

"It is with profound sadness that I am announcing I am stepping down from my position as chief of police for the city of Ferguson, Missouri," Jackson said, adding that serving the city as police chief "has been an honor and a privilege."

String of resignations

Jackson's resignation is the latest fallout from the Justice Department report, which exposed problems in the city's policing tactics...

---------------------------
    In the wake of Trayvon

Sanford police chief fired in wake of Trayvon Martin case
    Sanford, Florida, Police Chief Bill Lee, who drew criticism for his department's actions in the Trayvon Martin case, was fired Wednesday.
    "After much thoughtful discussion and deep consideration for the issues facing the city of Sanford, I have determined the police chief needs to have the trust and respect of the elected officials and the confidence of the entire community," City Manager Norton Bonaparte said in a news release.

12. archangel

In a vehicle driving away? pfft good luck saying you were in fear for your life when a car is driving away from you. There is another case with a black kid and a white officer. The kid was driving away. The cop is already fired and being charged for murder.

I mean look at Mr. Noor. There is a rapist... or whatever out there. I have no idea who is good or bad. It was dark blah blah so I shot.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Who got 40 years for killing a White man who was a criminal?

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Damond family hires attorney from Castile case

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The family of an Australian woman shot to death by a Minneapolis police officer has hired an attorney who represented the family of black motorist Philando Castile, who was also slain by a Minnesota police officer.

Minneapolis attorney Bob Bennett confirmed Thursday to The Associated Press that he was representing the family of Justine Damond...

15. Since1980

Ferguson's police chief was fired seven months after Michael Brown got shot, and even then it took a DOJ investigation into Ferguson's practices for that to even happen. Oh, and he still got a $96,000 severance payment for his troubles as well as health insurance for a year.

Saford's police chief was fired four months after Trayvon Martin was killed, and that was only after massive national attention was drawn to what happened.

Justine Diamond's body was barely even cold before the resignations started. You're comparing apples and oranges.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No..its the exact same thing. Don't give me the "months" later excuse. You said no Chief was fired over Black victims and you were shown to be wrong. Them Apples.

17. Since1980

The short answer to that question: No.

The slightly longer answer to that question: Nope.

18. Since1980

No, it isn't the exact same thing. And I'll say it again, you're comparing apples and oranges. It took months of investigations and negative publicity for either of those police chiefs to be fired. The same thing is absolutely not true in Justine Diamond's case.

If you don't want to be called out for making false equivalences then stop making false equivalences.

And I never said that "no Chief was fired." Work on your reading comprehension before you start calling out other people.

19. archangel

The chief and the Mayor have been going to blows for some time. She wasn't fired due to this(The shooting). The Mayor just finally caught the lady. This just happen to be the straw that broke the back.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

SMH. We talked about it a few months ago when it happened & you were making excuses/coppin pleas about him being sentneced to 40 years was justified, even though white cops who kill BM get off.