Once you go black...

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Madeleine, Jul 20, 2018.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Ain't nobody watching no Nigerian flicks unless they're Nigerian lol

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Truest shit ever said. Lmao!

3. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Lol... I did for educational purposes. It’s been long though. Now I can stomach about two per year.

4. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

This.

In Norway the ideal is to have a slender figure with not too much tits and arse, women here are busting their arse in the gym to have a hard body. The tall muscular inverted triangle is what they want, I even heard a young woman in the gym say to her friend that a pear shaped body was "old fashioned". Social media doesn't make this easier for them either.

5. Madeleine

Yeah there we go. There ARE culturally and nationally differing beauty standards. Of course that doesn’t mean that EVERY SINGLE PERSON follows them. That’s the whole point I was making even in the other thread but I got tired arguing the obvious...
    I was talking with my husband the other day about changing beauty standards in Nigeria and we both agreed that even when young people nowadays say they like „slim“ women they don’t have the same picture in mind as we do here...hard Body, inverted triangle isn’t a thing there and would earn insults rather than praise („ I don’t want to sleep with a woman who has the body of a man“, that sort of thing).
    Anyway I just mentioned Nollywood because I just find their cast of women interesting in terms of beauty ideals.
    Back to what you mentioned, I’m all for working out and being fit and healthy but for goodness sake let’s match our beauty and fitness goals with what is actually realistic for our body types. I would have to break and rearrange my hip bones and pelvic bones to turn into an inverted triangle lol. However, those young girls might have a child some day and that day they will have a revelation about the blessing of having reasonably sized hip and pelvis lol (or what it means if you don’t...).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  6. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Nope, but they won't totally disregard it either. I prefer the pear/hourglass shape, but a tall fit inverted triangle really get my attention too. Those girls really have nice bodies, their legs are often insanely gorgeous.

I have a British Nigerian friend and a South African friend and I have talked about these kind of things with them and they more or less both said that different races looks good in different bodies. I found it hard to understand at first, and I don't agree with them, but I understood what they tried to communicate.

Ok.

7. Madeleine

Yeah, I can appreciate all types of different beauty in women. I’m not fixed on a type, after all, I don’t want to get naked with them ;)

8. John Willy

John Willy Restricted

I concur with you that Black men in general, men and women are generally more embracing of curves.

Even my white male pals actually love curves although not in the same proportions as Black men.

I think it's the fashion industry, culture and the media which impose this artificial new "skinny" standards of beauty that heterosexual men and the overwhelmingly majority of women actually don't appreciate and don't approve of.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019
  9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think the standards of haute couture fashion are different from earthy, working class standards, regardless of race/ethnic group. Pinup type women that are popular with white working-class men have always been curvier, especially with regard to breast size, even when otherwise slender. Think Farrah Fawcett's iconic 70s poster. The fashion industry standard is about women looking almost inhuman or statuesque, like inanimate works of art, for the purpose of modeling and selling clothing. As the society becomes increasingly multicultural, the tolerance for divergent looks and aesthetics increases, and larger women begin to figure more prominently in the discussion.

P.S.: I think the democratization of media also helps, because now culture is being produced by multiple segments of society, not just elites. Middle America whites also reject the skinny aesthetic, because so few of them fit it as well, in the land of Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral, and endless buffet dining. Gone are the days when the high priests of chic dictated to lowly serfs like me. Lol

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  10. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Sadly, there are some cases or attitudes, if you scroll through the comments section on various sites (YouTube, Disqus, Yahoo, or other platforms), pertaining to this very thing, you would deal with insecure dickhead who speak on the asinine approach of Black men "tainting" the white, pink hole.

They do exist, but some speak on hypothetical scenarios and others are less inclined to speak about it openly, because they don't want to come off as racist themselves.

11. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Lol I couldn’t resist.