Once you go black...

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Madeleine, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

...you can’t go back?
    https://www.hercampus.com/school/towson/reality-dating-black-men-when-you-re-white

This girl says she dated a black guy in college and after that other black guys showed interest but white guys stopped showing interest in her. She felt like even if she wanted to date a white guy she couldn’t anymore because the white guys had written her off.
    Ladies, have you made the experience that dating one black guy determined your entire future dating life?

2. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Nope.

3. Madeleine

Me neither. I don’t know what dating would be like now if I were single with two caramel kids, but I bet there’d still be some open minded guy who wouldn’t care.
    European men are more concerned when you have too much ass and aren’t size 4 than whether or not you’ve been with a black man lol.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  4. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

sounds like racist BS to me.

5. Madeleine

Does sound like it, but I have been hearing variations of such accounts from American women before, so I just wanted to ask about personal experiences.

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

This sounds like some shit she made up.

How does the next person she meets automatically know her previous BF was a Black guy??

And I doubt if she did start dating a White dude, if she later told him her ex was a BM, that he would automatically dump her.

She's obviously leaving some stuff out of her story, like the TRUTH.lol

7. Madeleine

Did you read the article? She’s talking of a college environment where students must have known each other on campus. She’s describing the dynamic after she started dating a black man. Of course later in life people wouldn’t automatically know what happened in college.
    If it’s NOT true, then all the better!

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Has me thinking about exes and a lot of them dated or ended up with men eventually. The ones who dated black men exclusively afterwards chose to or did some option limiting move like having kids or putting on a ton of weight.

9. andreboba

She also said she had a photo on her Tindr account with a Black guy and was surprised White guys didn't think she was interested.

IMO her whole story is just exaggerated, as if, according to her, dating BM makes it harder for her to date WM.

Personally I've never seen that.

I've gone out with WW who are currently married to White guys, so her whole story sounds phony to me.

10. andreboba

When my relationship eventually ended, the phrase “once you go black, you never go back” rang in my ears. It put me in a box, limiting me in ways I didn’t realize until recently. The more attention I received from black men, the less white men wanted to talk to me, as if I had been eternally branded as a traitor. They seemed to be intimidated by my dozens of Facebook pictures with darker men, causing them to run before they even got to know me. “They’re riddled with sexually transmitted diseases” one ignorant guy messaged me on Tinder after seeing a single picture of me with black guys on my profile. To them, Black men were filthy and diseased, which could only mean one thing: I was too.

This just sounds way over the top to me. Like, why would she feel rejected by a guy who 'thinks' Black dudes are disease ridden??

I just never saw a White guy scared off because a WW is dating a BM.

To me this sounds like a woman who wants to paint herself as a victim for the attention.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  11. Madeleine

Well, if it’s not true, then good. So if you live in a small town and everyone knows you’re in a relationship with this bm and then you break up, the white men would still be interested in you after? Is that also true for small towns in the Deep South or rather NYC and Washington?

12. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

I think the bolded words above is similar to how white american males view white women. Not too much ass and skinny.

13. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

It`s possible to pick up the habits, style, dress, etc, without knowing it when interacting with someone of a different race.

14. Madeleine

Kind off, but I have the feeling in Europe it’s more extreme.
    A little black and Latin culture has been rubbing off on the American wm so now they have gradually opened themselves to the concept of curves.

15. Madeleine

Damn, I’d have to de-Africanize myself!:)

16. Madeleine

Just imagine if they have kids AND on top in the process put on a ton of weight. Game over with wm lol.

17. redlolly

Disagree. I don't think the "skinny is pretty" thing comes from men at all. All the men I know in Europe are into curves, just the same as American men.
    The skinny size zero thing comes from the fashion media and other women***, not from men.

***EDIT - I'll qualify that and say other WHITE women. I feel like black women are generally more embracing of curves, like men are.

18. redlolly

People using experiences from college to try and draw insight into life in general is an instant red flag for me.
    The only people who think that college life is anything like real life are people who are in college.
    They also have time on their hands as well as motivation and incentive to write inflammatory articles about stuff which they observed happening around them (surprise surprise, it happened in college).
    Just file it in the bin where it belongs.

19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Some racist white men will look at her as "ruined", "traitor" so she is correct in that sense. But personally I don't understand why she is bringing it up, I mean I could understand just mentioning it to be informative or share and vent her experience, but she sounds like she cares about them. If I were to break up with my baby(unlikely that would happen because I love her.) and black females that knew I dated white women wouldn't want to date me then the feeling is AUTOMATICALLY mutual! I wouldn't want to date ANYBODY that has issues with race and skin color. Especially when I'm not only attracted to white women but have white female friends and family members that I'm close with by marriage.

So my question is what should be everyone's question here... Why The Fuck Do She Care? lol.

20. Madeleine

Yeah that’s how I see it. I don’t care to be around people who make an issue out of race talkless of having a relationship with them.
    Sounds like she was a bit naive when she started that first relationship.