NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah gangs of New York mentioned it in the movie

2. The Dark King

Northern white people didn't want to compete with the influx of cheap labor from the south. Trust me it was in their best interest for slavery to continue.

3. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Don't change the lock on the door. They'll be back.

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I don't follow football but I'm guessing going the "fine them and sit them out for a few games" approach. Did any of those players lose sponsorships or anything(although, that's up to the sponsor and not the NFL)

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Most people find the way the NFL handles crimes like domestic abuse for example lightly, meanwhile players could get suspended for the entire year for smoking pot.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I rather deal with southern racists than the ones up north. Those northerners been masking their true feelings for a very long time. They have had so much practice that it almost comes naturally. Unless you can relate to phonies and backstabbers the notherners are really the more disgusting breed.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So Blacks working in the North they were fine with, but cheap-working Southern Blacks, enslave them? Makes no sense, TDK.

8. The Dark King

Of course it does because they weren't cool with the ones up north either it just wasn't as extreme

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And the NFL gets raked over the coals for it.
    Many fans have become increasingly turned off by some of the criminal antics and antics in general some of the players commit.

The NFL recently clamped down on bad behaviour though.

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Thanks, North. We trying. But, you know they say about leading horses to water. ...lol

Let me add something about the very clear difference between indentured servitude and and acutal slavery.

White Identured servants could own property, know how to read and write and they could testify in court on their own behalfs against their employers. Not to mention, there were laws regulating how indentured servants were to be treated. How well they were inforced I don't know.

But black slaves had none of those rights. Plus it was against the law for a slave to learn to read or write.

Those are huge differences. And, to treat the two as interchangeable is inaccurate in the least.

11. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

But all in all a player protesting the flag shouldn't be treated like such crimes players have committed and that is the point of how people are being hypocrites, racist and jingoist of how this has sparked more outrage by these "fans" than criminal acts. This hashtag or a version of it didn't spring up during those acts.

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

So I just got back home from my friend's(the groom) after he got in a fight and knocked our other friend(best man) down after a dispute over the flag, CK and being in the military.

Basically, the groom accused the best man of supporting slavery/being racist because he was in the military and refused to respect his military service. The best man got pissed and said fuck you and the groom pushed him down. As of now, he has no best man. I tried to explain to the groom why he was in the wrong but when he's drunk he has a habit of speaking over other people trying to explain their stance on anything and wouldn't listen to either one of us. Alcohol is a motherfucker.

13. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

That's why I don't drink....it cost too much.

14. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

That's wild, hope they can hash out someday.

15. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Alcohol can show your true feelings towards someone. If you consume it enough and get drunk as hell, your real feelings will not hold back anything you want to say, thus...I never touched it in my life, nor find any value in it.

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

17. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yup! The original truth serum.

18. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

My ex-husband didn't drink. He turned out to be a bit psychotic.

I will no longer date any guy that doesn't drink. LOL.

I've had too many examples in my life of how someone's TRUE feelings come out when they drink. I feel seeing how a guy is when he's drunk will say a lot about him as a person.

But, you have to make sure he doesn't drink TOO much and too often. There's a very fine line to that test. LOL.

Hopefully, GFunk, your friends can work it out.

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Wow! I've never heard a woman say that before. It's usually the opposite.

But, you got me over here cracking up, though. ...lol

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I don't drink. I need all of my faculties. It seems just about everyone I knew in my life drank. I remember I almost had a date with a blonde Puerto Rican girl. But she got arrested in New York City for dealing 8-Ball. It would've been a frighteningly awkward experience if I was with her when the arrest occurred.

A friend of mine in college suggested that I should drink to mellow me out. I told her that I'd rather lose my virginity than drink.

Not drinking not only kept me out of trouble, but is why I am alive today.