NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Thanks man.

They'll keep downsizing until we decide to dive into another country. Not so sure about the other branches but since we're the largest one, we're taking the most cuts. They want to make a "small but more efficient" force. That's not gonna happen unless they stop cutting corners and doing the good ol' check the box method that's so common these days.

If the clearance does last two years after ETS, that leaves me just enough to time to finish school and find a job. I ETS early 2017. I'm actually due to get my re-investigation right now. Time to gather all my contacts n' shit. This should be fun.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! Thank you for your comment. It interesting because people of color are in this position where we have to say... "Hey... we're being treated unfairly by society in general". Then, of course, there's always that person who says something like... "Oh, racism is dead", "you're race baiting/playing the race card", and so on and so on. All to avoid acknowledging that all is not right in the USA today. It seems that nearly every group of people (including females) have a legitimate reason to feel like their treated unfairly. Of curse nowadays, it seems that it's wrong to be offended by anything. SMH!

3. K

K Well-Known Member

OT - Please post the links of these threads where the men have not supported (or even attacked) women's rights.

I have to agree with the couple of men who suggested starting a new thread for women's issues. That's a great idea and I'm sure Bliss knows how to start threads and you are very good at finding information that for whatever it is you want to discuss.

At the risk of feeding trolls.....There are more than you (Bliss) and Bookworm on here. There are several others. Actually, you weren't around much but for some reason you decided to get really active the last couple of weeks. There are many women still lurking around...some post some do not. I've heard from several who have said they don't want to get post on here not because of the men but because of you and the personal attacks. Which brings me to the one on Meow. HOW DARE YOU!!! You want to bring up women's issues and hope that women will speak out. Are you fucking kidding me!! Who's going to want to discuss anything when people like you are sitting there taking notes waiting to use the information to attack them.

In regards to the topic of this thread. I support him in what he's doing. I may or may not agree that it's the best way to go about it. What I do think is great is that it's increased the conversation (and hopefully the consciousness).

Unfortunately, it often takes something to really ruffle feathers to draw attention and make changes to issues.

There is a lot to be said for those who are courageous enough to step out of the box and stand up for what they believe in. I find that much more honorable than those who want to sit and rag about it on an internet forum or IG or wherever. Everyone wants to complain...but as has come up over several threads recently....what are you DOING about it.

(I've wanted to rep quite a few posts on here but I can't. At this point I guess I have to rep those I never will in order to rep those who I want to.)

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I have repped you before, so I am unable to do so now. Thank you. Thank you so much for this, and thank you for taking the time to stick up for me as a rape survivor. That means the world to me, you have no idea. I have not the words, nor the means to express the amount of gratitude I hold for standing up for me. Thank you.

5. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

The only threads that seem to get much play on this forum are the ones about controversial topics.

I've started several threads that got zero or only a few responses. I thought the topic was relevant or important to talk about here, but others didn't seem to think so.

As for derailing of threads, it is impossible to get threads back on track if one or more people are hell-bent on derailing the thread. I've tried and I get ignored. The only way threads get back on track is if the people who derailed it leave the thread or if they finally end their (usually it's a fight that derails it) fight.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lol I crack up every time I hear that phrase disrespect the flag. People pretend dude burned the flag all be did was not stand for the anthem (a racist as fuck song btw why do you glaze over that)
    And it's amazing this has turned into a respect of the troops conversation. Damn near no one in this country truly cares about troops. If they really did these so called crusaders of liberty would be far more livid about how we treat these men and women when they get home. We allow them to be homeless and unemployed we only use them as props when its convenient otherwisethe vast majority steps over them like trash.
    Now suddenly everyone cares? How transparently full of shit most people are smh.

7. The Dark King

Lmao omg you must be a comic on weekends. Hilarious.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

Truly...no need to thank me.

I am so enraged by it! I could have said a great deal more but I realize it is of no use.

I have no idea what you said or did in the past, but the bottom line is it really doesn't matter. That has nothing to do with you being victimized. What she did is despicable and it doesn't get much lower.

I think it's great that you have been speaking up on various issues. I know that many of us have a tough time with standing up and speaking out after we have been brutalized. And then to have someone try to attack and tear you down in such a way.....it really breaks my heart that people can be so hurtful. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope you continue to use your strength to speak out. Whether anyone agrees or not, it's inspiring and a good reminder to those of us who have been through similar things to not let others beat you down.

9. DudeNY12

Can't rep, but you're so on point.

10. K

K Well-Known Member

Then there are those who have supposedly committed their lives to working on such issues and yet they keep the shit stirring. I was sitting at a lunch recently with some who specialize in human services working with vets. One of the people was going on about the only way to deal with the homeless vets was criminally. Mind you this is a retired disabled vet who's whole life is working with vets. He was saying they are lazy drug addicts and want to be taken care of for life and just need to pull it together. Here's a man who has btdt and still has no real understanding. WTF.

11. The Dark King

It's really crazy that any time you talk about racism against black people you're suddenly the racist one. The push to silence black people is outstanding sometimes.
    When people talk about sexism they aren't sexist.
    When we talk about disgusting immigration policies against Hispanics I never hear hey all immigration matters. But when it's black people and only black people the silencing campaign comes out in full force.
    Hey why don't you protest peacefully .... No not like that more peacefully so I don't have to hear or see it.

12. The Dark King

Smh disgusting
    I've seen the same thing with social workers I've dated who complain about lazy blacks and Hispanics on welfare.
    Truth be told black people in this country should be allowed to be on welfare till 2250 and no one should say one thing to them about it.
    This country would have never achieved the great wealth that it did without centuries of free labor. Consider services rendered.
    I'd say the same thing for war veterans. You take fire you get a livable wage for life.

13. DudeNY12

Yup! We're all for increasing military budgets, but not for the sake of soldiers, but for the readiness to go on the attack against anyone who dares to now kow-tow to our whims/and or whoever is the enemy of the month. Then we honor some soldiers with the speeches, medals, and photo ops when they come home, then promptly forget about them and any issues they may have.

14. The Dark King

Yup. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps even after you lost your legs for us.
    It's all such utter horseshit. This entire conversation. Protest in the right way. Still waiting to hear what that way is lol

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

They don't understand and some are too stubborn to understand the different types of racism. They can't understand institutionalezed racism, structural racism, but they know about personal racism. They had this watered down belief about racism that it only pertains something out the KKK or Nazi way of thinking. They just simply don't and are too stubborn and ignorant to get that it goes much deeper than that.

16. The Dark King

As evidenced by the dumb ass term "reverse racism"
    At this point to me it's clear how things are and how they're going to be in the foreseeable future.
    I pray our children are better but some how I doubt it.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wtf?!

K, you can miss me with your fake outrage. There was nothing wrong with what l stated.
    Meow specifically explained the reason he was angry at white women when last here was because he was raped and as a result, took it out on the forum women and me specifically! You weren't here to see the absolute asshole he was. He is reverting back to his anger.
    I most certainly wasn't attacking him being raped, are you kidding me? l was repeating in whole his reasons he gave for his anger, fucking hell, lady, get your facts straight! You're losing it.
    Don't you ever come at me like that again over rape! I'm the one who constantly defends rape victims on here when others attack the victim, no one else! Even down to those who say a woman can't rape a man. I'm always acknowledging that men getting raped is not talked about enough. You and him can not-so kindly shut the fuck up and take your misdirected "outrage" to the dump. Not gonna stand for it, you hear me?

18. DudeNY12

Exactly! It means protest/speak out if you will, but find a way to do it in which we're not being put on blast for our shit.

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

What I actually said:

"Left angry. But, I was angry all around, I just didn't show it in everyday life. It is a part of the healing process, or at least that is what the ole therapist explained to me. I took that anger out on the women in the forum, as oppose to women in real life. Something that happens with most rape survivors who are assaulted by members of the oposite sex. As much as I apologizing for being pissed off all of the time, it isn't something I can make up for. You only have one chance to make a first impression. "

Never said I was specifically angry at white women, I was angry all around and took it out on some of the women I argued with in the forum. It's a form of acting out that most rape survivors go through. Nice to know people are still making excuses for doing crap stuff like using rape to argue.

The link to the conversation: http://whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1029226#post1029226

It is unfortunate that some people will use the worst possible things to try and win an argument. I will say it one last time, disagreeing with a woman or man (especially when damn near everyone else is disagreeing with that person) does not equate misogyny nor does it equate misandry.

As far as "taking things out on bliss", I am arguing with her at the same level as I did back then. The only persons that I remember actually being an "asshole" to is FG, Tarshi, and I think that is about it. The only other person I argued with was Ches, as I never forgave her for saying that "the word cunt is the same as the n word". She apologized for it, but I never forgave it. That is it. Bliss, has basically always been this way with more or anyone that disagrees with her, so I am done with it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  20. DudeNY12

Exactly! Somehow (in their minds) racism vanished once the civil rights act was passed, and then confirmed once Obama was elected POTUS. So now there truly can't be any lingering racism because there's black man in the White House.