NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn another mic drop it's raining mics. Bliss need an umbrella boo?

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The picture was in response to AB's reply to Paniro.
    Meow did indeed call Colin a hero to him and black people, as others were. (Please, North calls the cop-killers heroes, c'mon now, and some people here agree with him).

That meme is 100% correct. It had nothing to do with Colin disrespecting Vets, and everything to do with the fact that many were saying how "courageous" Colin was, he's a hero to standing up to America..no.
    You can call him an activist but he was not courageous and not a hero. That is what that meme reflects.

I don't know why you think that suggests that. Not correct at all. That comment was in response to his saying l was on a Roman holiday. He can kiss my ass right there. I was travelling, not some flacky tourist with my perfect luggage living it up as he implied.
    Please don't be disengenous and deny that people don't join the military for that. I heard it from military themselves, it's not something l made up, hence my copyright sarcasm.

Also, don't act like people don't run off to join the Military. Its just a job to some. Or that judges give defendants an ultimatum- jail or the military. Or people join because they can't find a job or a decent job.
    Or they join to get a free education, or for the great benefits. Or to pay off student loans. Sure some join to defend this nation but some don't. I'm sure you had a reason or reasons why you joined.

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Discussing racism and the injustices black men face in this country doesn't equate to "anti white" conversation. Anyone seeing things around here as generally "anti white", is simply looking to be offended imo. As a ww I can tell you I've gotten nothing but love and support from the bm on this site. Never has it felt "anti white".

4. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I wonder what kind of relations are being had between active service members who supported CK And those who don't.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What women? They all left. It's me and Bookie left fighting for some respect for women on here. All because we don't kiss ass, we've been called Eva Braun, racists, privelidged, white men lovers, whiners, whores...need l go on?

This place is for BM who are allowed to say whatever negatives they want about White people, women, Religion and any non-liberal politics with impunity, and it's for WW who blindly support their comments. Fuck that.

6. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

And raiderll says there's no anti white rhetoric here. There's plenty and not just that.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I spoke with some active and retired Army Vets on Friday night at an Army College football game. What some people don't understand is that just because some took to social media to express themselves, many did not who agree disrespecting the flag was not cool.

8. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

You can't see it because of wanting to be accepted so bad that you are drinking all the pro black kool-aid being spewed and slurped up greedily around here daily.

No need to respond I won't reply. It's my opinion.

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Are you really telling RaiderLL, one of the realest women on this board, that she is so desperate to be accepted on a MESSAGE BOARD she can't recognize if Black male members are being anti-white towards her and White people in general???lol

SMH.

(LOL. We knew you wouldn't reply anyway. You never do.:smt014)

I guess talking about male sexism against women is anti-men too.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Are you referring to ageism and weight discrimination and Anti-black woman? ( this talk of women must be killing Kitten, lol)

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ugh Kitten, you'll get your reply later on, l'm off to work...
    So l will leave you with this for now, since you say you speak for Vets..

Army Ranger Vet Tells Colin Kaepernick What He Should Be Doing Instead of Sitting Out Nat'l Anthem

Independent Journal Review decided to see what veterans think about Kaepernick's comments. We talked to Dorian Majied, an Army Ranger veteran who served in Iraq.

[​IMG]

He said:

"I understand Kaepernick's intention, however I disagree with his means. His NBA counterparts protested the same ideas in a way that neither hurt the country, nor ignored the ideals that people of color have fought and died which; ideals represented by the symbolism of the American Flag and words of the National Anthem.
    As a member of a national organization, reaping the benefits of a country that apparently oppresses people who look like him, his argument is thin on a personal level.

Doing what Dwayne Wade and company did at a game opener to support BLM, or making a public verbal statement as Carmelo Anthony did, or even a written statement as Michael Jordan did are all more appropriate acts of protest.

He could write his congressman, he could petition, he could picket, he could join the service and actually fight for the rights he seems to think are not offered to him; his sitting through the National Anthem was a lazy lack of will and brain power."

Majied continued:

"To refuse to stand for the National Anthem is his right as an American, and I support that right, however I do not agree with that action.
    There are a myriad of other ways to conduct social protest for people of color, that don't, whether by intent or otherwise, ignore the American principles that have given rise to extreme integration within a single American generation.

My father was born without the right to vote and in one generation I've been blessed to lead amongst the world's greatest fighting force."

Then, he explained how Kaepernick is disrespecting the nation that gave him so much:

"To disrespect the country that has afforded him the opportunities and fortunes he acquired is only made more offensive by the fact that his life is the personification of the ideals I see in the American flag and National Anthem: a biracial child, raised by white parents, and who has accomplished much despite his "oppression." In how many more nations around the world can a story like that come to fruition?
    He made valid points, I'm not ignoring that there are still issues with race in America. However, he is ignoring the positive ideals of America that every colored person who has ever served, fought—while some died—for, by refusing to stand. Proper action is exactly that, action, not the inaction of not standing because he couldn't think of a better way to protest."

Majied finished by saying, "Kaepernick was wrong in his delivery and protested the wrong symbols of America. The American flag and National Anthem represent the highest of American ideals, not the lowest ideals."

-----
    I agree with this man 100%!

12. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

There's a lot of that of course but I was talking specifically of the anti white talk and "all white people are racist."

Plenty white male bashing and black female bashing going on as well.

And the ever present anything that ever happens negative in a black persons life is racism from white people.

So when I said plenty more I was specifically talking about the anti white racism.

13. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Even if it was in response to AB, his post didn't say anything about being a hero or courageous. Now in response to the people off the forum calling him a hero, I understand.

I never said people don't join for the reason of wanting to travel. Like you said, there are a variety of reasons people joined. I joined because I wanted money for school, work experience and to travel. This issue I have is you make it sound like when we do travel, we're in Japan or Honduras bullshitting. No, we're still waking up hella early, doing mandatory PT, working long hours and getting bitched at by officers. Regardless of the motives, we are still out there working. The amount of free time we get, if any, is up to the brass up top.

And yes, people do run off and join the military, but again, the way you phrased it made it sound like a generalization or anyone with a career and family that joins is running off. There are people who drop everything and ship right out, people who plan it and get their shit together before shipping out, people with careers and families who join but make sure their family and civilian job are squared away before shipping out , etc. I know plenty of people in all of those positions. The people with careers and families didn't just drop everything and run off. This is especially true for reservists and national guardsmen because they go right back home to their career and family right after AIT.

Yes, the military is just a job for some, but at the end of the day, they raised their right hand, signed the contract and defended the nation regardless of the motive.

Also, last I heard, the "military or jail" deal was no longer a thing, especially with the downsizing of the military.

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

How is the downsizing going? I got out just before it started. I am curious how you feel since you are still in.

15. meowkittenmeow

[​IMG]

16. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

When I was on active duty in 2014, they were brutal with it. The army especially was finding any reason to kick people out, even forcing people to retire. DUIs and pissing hot, out the door. PT failures, out the door, etc. I imagine it's the same level of intensity right now although I don't follow it much since I'm not around army everyday anymore but we are still trying to downsize. My friend got lucky. He got a DUI but the company commander liked him so he didn't recommend separation. He actually spent the last 6 months bullshitting in at the company with the commander.

Me, I'm ready to get the fuck out. I didn't like my unit on active duty. I liked my old reserve unit, even though we didn't do much but it was still a unit for my MOS and I felt a strong bond with them even though I only saw them one weekend a month. I just want to keep my clearance active long enough to where I finish school and still have it. I was trying to get onto this deployment but when I got promoted, I got promoted out of my unit and I also got accepted into the school I wanted which is my priority. The deployment was going to be my fallback plan if I didn't get into the school.....but my promotion fucked me anyway. My new unit is some kind of logistics support unit or something. Fuck.

Still don't regret joining though. Met some of my best friends in there.

17. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I think many folks see him as courageous for at least a couple of reasons. One... The whole thing of racism where many folks are avoiding the dialogue that sorely needs to happen, and second... Kaepernick, even in his current situation of going into the season as the backup QB sits in a nice spot. He's wealthy, and stands to make a lot more money. He could easily sit back and collect those paychecks and endorsements, but he chose to speak out knowing fully well that it could easily cost him dearly in terms of future contracts, getting cut, and losing endorsements deals. He did say that whatever consequences (if any) comes from speaking out... He'll have to deal with it. I agree with him.

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Clueless, but it's your life.

On a message board where the majority members are BLACK MEN and WHITE WOMEN, whenever there's a discussion about racism and prejudice inevitably it's going to be where Black men are the victims.

And if we have discussions about sexism and bias against women, it's almost always going to be from a White woman's perspective.

Please try to keep up.:cool:

There's very little Black female bashing on this board which is why it's so controversial when it actually does happen.
    White male bashing?? Unless you consider the discussion of the male dominated social system of White supremacy in America, 'white male bashing', then yeah we 'bash' White males on this board.smh.

But those of us from the reality based side of this board are able to draw a line between discussing racism perpetuated by White men, and White male bashing.

No lie, some of my best friends in life have and are White dudes.:smt080
    No rational Black man thinks all White men are racist.

This message board IMO is only anti-White if you personally view ANY conversation about White people that portrays them in a negative light as anti-White racism.:smt108

19. meowkittenmeow

I've heard some stories recently. They go through periods of downsizing, and it does get difficult. I am happy you got into the school you wanted. If I remember correctly, the clearance lasts 2 years after ETS.

20. meowkittenmeow

Agreed