NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

JINGOISM

COMPLACENCY

CONFORMITY

HATE

IGNORANCE

REACTIONARY OPINIONS

A lot of People(Americans) have those things in their heart than actual pride.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So no strides have been made? Really?

For example, there was a time that Black and White men could vote but not BW or WW. They were chattel and property. Today that is no longer the case here. I know l don't have to regurgitate the strides in the eradication of slavery.
    No one wants to acknowledge those of course, only the struggles ahead that don't hold a beacon to yesteryear.

For you to say "(not) to believe in something that has never really been part of the history, except for the select few who have greatly benefited in manipulating the public"..is in fact diatribe. Its not even amusing but sad that a transplant sees it and you don't.

WWII freed a lot of people from tyrany, my friend, as did the Civil War. The benefits en-mass far outweighed any cynism you posess towards the motivations.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

The flag is not freedom. It is just a flag. Let me remind you that if you are arrested for saying something that the cop does not like. Your lawyer will not be using a flag in court. It is the constitution that protects you(from the government) and allows for those freedoms. If the constitution were to disappear tomorrow, that flag would not be enough to stop the government from violating you.

Yes you could use a gun which is where ??? in the constitution... right?

The flag is a symbol of those rights but it is not the equivalent. I think that is what you are doing making them equivalent.

As for Kaepernick: I'm sorry but if someone pulls a gun on me, I'm not going to be nice to them. We are comparing the police pulling guns on Kaepernick to socks. I mean which one is more dangerous to you. a person pulling a gun on you or socks with unfavorable pictures of you?

Lastly, he is bringing attention to everyone. we are indeed talking about this. I will agree that legislation needs to be placed in but it has to be done on a state or local level. I mean if congress won't pass a bill after a man walked into a school and shot up kids what does that say about anything being passed.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ironically, your comment is by itself ABSOLUTE.
    Indeed those with NO PRIDE (in flag and country) have those things in their heart.

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Well, I never said that no strides have been made. However....

We have voter suppression laws, anti-lgbt legislation, women's rights concerns, all of which have gained tremendous steam in the past decade. So while we have gone forward, there are areas in which set us back, all ine the name of "freedom", which is laughable if you're willing to justify such behavior. Slavery was just one step forward, but people weren't allowed to vote still, and the nation was still under a panic of fear, where new laws were made to suppress those who are already disenfranchised.

Furthermore, my statement does hold weight since World War II was more of a revenge love story, glorified by historians as though we went in with a purpose. We were practically begged by Great Britain to participate, but we didn't bother until Japan attacked us. So, to get to Japan, we had to go through Germany, whom we really didn't care about so much. We just pretended, while the main target was the country that bombed Pearl Harbor. I fail to see any diatribe in my post, especially since the war was just a meaningless one to us, until history basically painted us as glorified heroes, although we were just the clean up crew while British Forces and even Russian Forces did most of the work. Our influence, contrary to what our books teach us (all in the name of "patriotism") seems pretty paltry when you think about it.

This isn't cynicism as much as merely addressing the reality of life rather than color history and events with too much neo-colored crayons.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

That was short lived especially in the south as laws were created to suppress the black vote (literacy tests and much more). The Suffragettes, interestingly enough, took great offense that "savages" (their words not mine) were permitted to vote before white women. They were also very heavily against BW. It was essentially just more white supremacy that still lives in the feminist movement today. This is why Black Feminism, and Womanism exist.

The point of my comment, and I believe the point of Morning stars comment, is that each stride is often clouded by the overt white supremacy and or negative actions involved in each "stride". We can look at the past and the country's strides with rose colored glasses, or we can see it for what it really is.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

C'mon Archie..what do you think l'm talking about? A cloth? I have repeatedly said for years l'm a Constitutionalist. I KNOW what that Flag means and represents which is why l'm so adamant in preserving it.
    It's no different than Hillary copping heat for wanting to remove the Second Amendment as her protest towards gun violence, instead of addressing the causes and leave the 2A alone.Instead, fuck off (not you) and focus ON THE CAUSES. This is not rocket science.

As for pig socks..so what about when people fly the Confederate flag? Wear Nazi symbols? Etc..
    Colin contributes to the fire. That creates a hostile work enviorement for the cops at the facility. Which is why they said they will no longer work there unless he stops inciting it.

8. meowkittenmeow

Are you implying that pig socks are on the same level as confederate and nazi symbols?

[​IMG]

9. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

This! Sure, a lot of great things came out of the civil rights era, but we're still facing lots of injustice despite the laws on the books. No doubt that people of color have a lot to be thankful for, but no doubt that we're still fighting for fair treatment as well.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No, just examples to his "not the same as putting a gun to your head" comment. Well sure, but they still matter to the people being targeted, right? They all incite and don't contribute to constructive dialogue and solutions that one bearing them claims "to be seeking".

11. meowkittenmeow

OK. So, basically a false equivalent to try to prove your point. Just checking. Thanks.

12. archangel

Wait what?show me evidence of that? Never heard of that before.

You should be more adamant in preserving the constitution itself and not the flag.
    He is literally exercising the constitution. I mean that in itself is evidence that he likes it. He is using it to bring attention to say people being killed by bad cops which takes away one's rights.:( He is doing the right thing here.

Those People are not angry because someone pulled a gun on them. Let me tell you right now. This is a poor analogy. I will agree that the socks may not help but hard to say pulling a gun on someone didn't antagonize him. He is the less extreme out of the two.

also about the cops working there...
    remember that is tax payer dollar. If Colin had never said anything, I would not want them working there. The teams are getting free security that tax payers have to pay for. It is unfair. These NFL teams cost tax payers so much. I don't get why I should have to pay for that. They make how much money? If the fans care about the team so much, they should be willing to pay for security or at least stop doing stupid things like fighting or running across the field.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

She was repeating THEIR belief, not theirs. You know very well that during that speech, she was appealing to a room full of White men in power who believed that savagery nonsense - she pointed out that those they considered as such drew greater deference and the right to vote while women did not.

If you think for a minute that they rebuked the suffrage of women but not servants and slaves, spare me.

14. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You don't pay for them. They are privately hired and paid for by the NFL.

Also later l will find the quote by Chelsea pretty much confirming that with her mother's win and thus Supreme Court appointments, they will effectively overturn the right to bear arms.

16. meowkittenmeow

Susan B. Anthony
    “I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the Negro and not the woman.”

“Mr. Douglass talks about the wrongs of the Negro; but with all the outrages that he to-day suffers, he would not exchange his sex and take the place of Elizabeth Cady Stanton.”

Belle Kearney
    “The enfranchisement of women would insure immediate and durable white supremacy, honestly attained, for upon unquestioned authority it is stated that in every southern State but one there are more educated women than all the illiterate voters, white and black, native and foreign, combined. As you probably know, of all the women in the South who can read and write, ten out of every eleven are white. When it comes to the proportion of property between the races, that of the white outweighs that of the black immeasurably.”

Elizabeth Cady Stanton
    “What will we and our daughters suffer if these degraded black men are allowed to have the rights that would make them even worse than our Saxon fathers?”

Laura Clay
    “The white men, reinforced by the educated white women, could ‘snow under’ the Negro vote in every State, and the white race would maintain its supremacy without corrupting or intimidating the Negroes.”

Carrie Chapman Catt
    “White supremacy will be strengthened, not weakened, by women’s suffrage.”

http://the-toast.net/2014/04/21/suffragettes-sucked-white-supremacy-womens-rights/

If you would like more quotes and more proof of racist suffragettes or white supremacy and feminism, let me know. We may be hear posting all year, but, yeah, just let me know.

They were racist as fuck. So, spare me with the rose colored glasses schtick. The reality is many of the suffragettes were racist as hell. And many feminists are racist as hell. Which is why Black Feminism and Womanism exist.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    OMG. I can't anymore with you. You make my head hurt. Anytime a correct response doesn't fit your narrative, you throw out your "deflecting" red-herring" BS. Make it stop, dear God.

18. archangel

Hmm some of them do pay and I see some of them don't. 49ers do pay. So now that means I don't care if they stop. 55/hour They will get a lot of new people to do the Job. even if they don't, not my problem.

19. meowkittenmeow

Bringing up women's issues on page 5 or 6 in a thread about a black man standing against oppression is a red herring. Plenty of your other posts were red herrings as well. It isn't my fault that you enjoyed deflecting the argument when literally everyone in here disagrees with you. Even the one who sometimes agrees with you is on the fence on this one. Damn near every person in this thread disagrees with you. It isn't B.S. it is just what you did and what you continue to do. When the ones who normally agree with you either don't or are on the fence, and everyone else disagrees with you save for bookworm who seems to slightly agree but seems more middle of the road, you might have to accept that you are wrong.

I know you are stubborn and won't agree, because you have this rose colored idea of the way things are, but you are wrong here. It is what it is. The fact that you are still arguing, knowing full well everyone disagrees with you is the "B.S.".

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Which part of the "appealing to the ego and supremacist view of the White men in power" don't you get in those comments! Holyfuck. They were property!! It's saying if the Black man who was seen as such shit by those men were allowed to vote, could women not be seen as the same shit as them and be allowed to vote too? Get a clue.