NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Repped! You were spot on.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Damn, baby girl. I need to be repping you too

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Breaking: Teammate Eric Reid joins Colin Kaeperknick in protest

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I can dig it

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I didn't join to kill my school loans. I wanted to serve as my father had done before me. As much shit as my father endured and I had endured up to that point, I still love my country so I joined. Nothing to do with school loans. My loans were very small as I worked and saved a bit and school wasn't quite as expensive back then. I was also a legacy (both of my parents met at the same school). But, yes, it is a super common thing to do to join for school loans or for the GI bill.

As for her trade off, these things depend. If you join as an officer, whether they pay school loans or not, they require you to do 6 years of service. Enlisted are required to serve for 3 to 4 years, but you have an 8 year non-active status total. This is where stop loss comes in and they can keep you in or pull you back in. HAHA, happened to me twice. Which is why I did 8 years and 8 months due to stop loss status. So, I think she meant that she had to do either the full 6 or 8 years.

6. meowkittenmeow

Yeah, they are actually. Go for it, bro. Get that extra retirement money. Serving in the military opens up a world of opportunities for promotions. I have found that, depending on the job, you can run into some types who are afraid of black people. But, when they find out you are a vet they let their guard down a bit and start treating you differently. I wish you the best of luck.

7. meowkittenmeow

Oh, I see. I misunderstood, I thought she meant military and govt work, not just govt work. Yeah, I had a therapist who did that.

8. meowkittenmeow

The marines are very picky (the few, the proud). What is interesting, is I have seen a few cases where people join the reserves and from there are able to join active duty. I think it depends on time served in reserves and the need for enlistment. If we get into it with another country, you might have a chance.

9. meowkittenmeow

It's because you start slow and tense up too much. Try doing the 3 push ups as fast as you can 3 times a week. I promise that in about a week to 3 weeks you will at least be at 10 minimum.

10. meowkittenmeow

Good deal man. I'm rooting for you.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Good!
    Colin has now, after understanding that he's extremely privelidged and made multi-million of dollars and not put any of it back into communities, decided to soon pledge $1 million dollars from his over $19 million salary, but doesn't know to who/what groups yet..he's still deciding.

He also says he will now actually get active in the community as well.

He also has said he will now kneel and not sit.

He also said he didn't mean to disrespect the flag and insisted he 'loved America' and expressed his gratitude to the military.

His teammate Reid said: 'I just wanted to show my support for him. He wanted to make it clear that he wasn't trying to be disrespectful to the military or the national anthem, so he decided to change his position to be more respectful, but still bring awareness to the issues that he believes are going on in this country, and that I wholeheartedly believe exist in this country.'

"I am planning to take it a step further, I'm currently working with organizations to be involved, and making sure I'm actively in these communities, as well as donating the first million dollars I make this year to different organizations to help these communities and help these people,'

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well now that you're appeased all is right in the world (huge eye roll)

13. meowkittenmeow

[​IMG]

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, i'm seeing media members who been shitting on Kap all week doing the same shit Bliss is doing, flip-flopping using the same excuse Bliss used. They still don't care what Kap is protesting about, They just want to control the narrative after looking like fools for a week & seeing how much support Kap has.

15. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

So done with the bullying in this thread and in other threads

[​IMG]

This is directed at several people...you all know who you are.

16. The Dark King

Hey don't you call out my friends Paniro and Bliss like that :smt014

17. The Dark King

Pretty much. All those tweets of actual vets supporting CK shut down all that bs and when the white ones came out in full force that killed any potential "they're supporting him because he's black". Just beautiful.

18. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Looks like civilians learned something. Their image of the service member being against any kinda of statement that calls out this country has indeed been shattered.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Just like serving the country was a choice for most of us veterans, civilians should also have a choice rather to sit or stand.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Let's pretend like she didn't judge BLM.