NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Are you saying she said when she drills monthly with her unit, she did it in poor areas? Or when she became a doctor she had to work in poor areas?

2. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Everyone is supposed to let you take time off to drill. Now when it comes to extra training/schools, I don't think they have to.

3. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Extra training and all that they don't even ask questions.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

People can do that (work for certain govt jobs or non-profits) without having to do military and waive their loans. It's 10 years. The jobs often pay less than what they would in private sector.

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You refused to sacrifice your personal life which you found much more important than serving your country and flag. All that mouth but not down for the cause when shit hit the fan.

[​IMG]

6. K

K Well-Known Member

hmm....very interesting!

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

That's what I am thinking. When did the military start becoming so picky. Oh women can't serve here and you can't be so fat there.... blah blah blah. They want to serve let them.

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

This thread has been very informative between Meowkittenmeow and GFunk. I learned things that I wouldn't have even thought about. I just hope I can remember this stuff when I am closer to 39 maybe 35 or 36 depends seems like the VA system needs all the help it can get.

Sad to see I am too old to join the marines.:???:

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Uh Yeah..no.
    Very boring, actually. That is a twisted stalker who compulsively lies.
    I would have LOVED to have served and that's the difference between me and it.:smt006

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Bizarrely l can't do more than 3 full floor push ups, even though l have been strong all my life. I can punch hard but not translate that force to push up off the ground.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

It was made very clear that you could have if you really would have "loved to".

12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's because punching is all in shoulder and upper torso strength and also relies on velocity. Push ups requires mostly arm strength.

13. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

It all depends on how badly people are needed. When 9/11 happened, they were mofos with criminal records in.

And we need a base level of standards. Although the height weight standards are fucked because there are plenty of people who are technically overweight or their neck is too big or whatever that can still pass PT tests with no problem. And while those people do exist in the military, a lot of people are overweight and not meeting those standards because they have no discipline. It is within their control. At the same They can't just let someone who is in terrible shape and can't pass a PT test just because they want to serve. They have to do their part and get in shape. The military needs to be picky, especially when it comes to certain jobs.

14. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

That awesome then.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Once again, l would have if l could have. Can you compute? At the time where l was eligible, l couldn't. I was deep in my career that this wonderful country afforded me.
    Why didn't you join? I bet you were just slim n fit, all set to walk in and kick ass in training for the Military, right? But you didn't..did you..lol!

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well l can't do chin ups, either. I'm very busty and l don't run. I stopped running in high school. I can jog a bit tho. Where my strengths lie is free weights, grappling/Martial Arts, punching a bag, kicking and bike riding. I can do lying on the floor push ups, lol. It's baffled me all my life but you just answered it for me. Thank you, DC! :D

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I wanted very much to serve in the military. But because I had scoliosis, I couldn't. I tried to join the Air Force after I graduated from high school, but when the recruiter looked at my medical records, I was considered 4F and disqualified because the government didn't want any lawsuits if I was seriously injured during the PT phase of boot camp.

I tried again years later with the Navy. But it was the same thing. Two years later I chatted with a sailor and he told me of a program that the Navy had in the mid-90's where someone could skip the PT and do something else and still graduate from basic training. I was busy in the Department of Corrections to not even realize it.

A person can serve in the United Nations as a member of the peacekeeping forces either as a soldier, law enforcement officer or as a civilian.
    Like the Peace Corps, you go where they send you and expect a readjustment check at the end of your service time. I'd like to do that. But I have to learn more skills like flying a plane or helicopter as well as environmental survival and self-defense. On the plus side, there is no age limit like in the U.S. military.

18. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Why is honesty such a hard endeavor for you? You pride yourself on showing others how knowledgeable, intelligent, "worldly", and how you are able to rise above it all despite whatever adversity you face but now you want to insult everyone's intelligence about ducking and dodging the armed forces as if it was impossible for you to do.

You act as if your life was a anomaly when in fact their were and continue to be many foreign born Americans with far more successful lives than you putting their personal lives on pause joining the military for the greater good.

You should be a politician with all these bullshit answers you are giving. I ain't even mad at ya, we live in capitalistic society and you capitalized off a sucker for love simp so now you are reaping all of the rewards which of course you don't want to lose. I'm done with the subject, you exposed yourself per usual.

19. K

K Well-Known Member

I believe others spoke to this already. Funny how you are one who doesn't blow something off easily yet you were quick to take an inaccurate "no" for something that was so important to you.

I don't quite get the shit you are spewing towards me. I didn't step up spouting off about how I wanted to serve but wasn't able to, when it's not true....that was you.

(Yes Flame I know - I'll stop feeding the troll)

20. K

K Well-Known Member

Damn wanted to rep you twice and couldn't ...have to spread some.

Same with for TDK's statement.