NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

You don't think CK sacrificed anything??

What team is going sign Kaepernick if he's cut by the 49ers, which a real possibility???

As an NFL player, if you get on the wrong side of the owners, your career is over.

Look at Ray Rice. He's effectively been blackballed by the NFL even though he's complied with all his legal obligations.

And WTF is taking a public stand all about what you potentially can lose in the process???

That a stupid equation to use to determine the value of someone's stance against injustice.

3. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Don't feed the troll...

4. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

[​IMG]

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Raising my hand for the high five as well.

6. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Talk about being oppressed and traveling the world in the same sentence brehs. (for anyone unaware, bliss was traveling the world quite a bit before she married that simp to get into America, also refused to join the Armed services of that this flag and country she loooooooooooooves so much)

[​IMG]

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

OHHHHHH This finna be good!

[​IMG]

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Thanks fellas

10. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]6ATwisIrtfg[/YOUTUBE]

John lewis has support for kapernick as well. I am actually quite proud of this country. SO much support for kapernick's cause. It brings hope that there will be change. Had he did this back in the day, it would have been far worse.

Though, I suspect kapernick's sitting will be forgotten when the next person is shot again for the umpteenth time or the season actually starts. I mean when the NFL gets higher ratings than the elections..... what does that say?

11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

4noth1side be like...

[​IMG]

12. meowkittenmeow

I was thinking the same thing...

[​IMG]

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh stop your giddy already. That toilet-licker breh of yours has been spewing feces from his throat since he joined the forum..
    Please tell me you knew that full Citizenry was and has ALWAYS been a requirement to enlist.
    I mean you do know that, right? Smh.

15. meowkittenmeow

You need a green card (permanent resident card). You get one when you get married. Full citizenship isn't required to join the military. The military is actually known for naturalizing a lot of green card holders this way.

I'd also like to add, that full citizenship (which isn't the requirement for enlistment, a green card is) is attained after 3 years of being married in the U.S.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  16. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Sure about that? [​IMG]
    Saved me the trouble.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well I'm genuinely glad you both have made a connection. I don't see the laying it all out part that you do, but l do agree he is a luv. :smt023

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You are not simply granted a green card because you get married. You are granted the privelidge to apply.
    Citizenship was granted five years after and close to $1000 in fees.
    Two decades ago, l was specifically informed by INS l could not vote or become an Officer in the Military. That Federal Law prohibited granting security clearances to non-citizens.
    If since that time and post Gulf War, 9/11 and the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars they changed it (shockingly now illegal aliens can join thanks to an Executive Order by Obama), that still wasn't during my time.
    I was five years into my marriage and career by then. You both joined fresh out of high school looking for jobs, l was living in another country at that same age. You couldn't just walk into this country and join like you can today because they need bodies. It was a different time.
    If l was unemployed and fresh out of school, l would have LOVED to have joined.
    If l had no career today and there was no age restriction, l'd definitely join.

19. meowkittenmeow

My comment was in reference to the "was and always been". The extreme "need for bodies" and ease of naturalization started October 1st, 2001. Before that, you had to have a green card, and you couldn't join as an officer, but you could join enlisted and become an officer once naturalized (I believe it was after serving 3 years enlisted, might have been 4). So, you could have joined, just not as an officer. I take it that you had your heart set on being an officer?

For the record, I didn't join "fresh out of high school and looking for jobs". I graduated early and went to school. I was in school for 2 semesters and a summer semester before I joined.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I've actually thought about joining the reserves to kill my loans. Always wanted to serve but wasn't mature to handle it when I was younger