New Here, Mom from Georgia

Discussion in 'Welcome Center and Announcements' started by GAmomlisa, Jul 18, 2017.

1. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Just discovered this site recently and thought it looked like a fun community to interact with! Im 46, divorced, with a beautiful 20 yo daughter that means everything to me! Live in the Atlanta area. Look forward to talking with you guys :)

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Hey there! Welcome to the party and I hope you enjoy it here.

Love the avatar photo.

3. GAmomlisa

Thank you! Same to you :)

4. DudeNY12

Thanks a bunch.

I passed through Atlanta (slight detour) from my Family Reunion about 4 weeks ago. It's definitely the place I'd choose if I were to venture south. Are you close to the city?

5. GAmomlisa

You're welcome! I'm in the suburbs about 40 minutes outside the city. Yes! I love Atlanta! I absolutely love NYC too! It'd be hard for me to pick if I had the choice

6. DudeNY12

I think you get the better quality of living in Atlanta where the cost of living is definitely better. I always say that NYC is a wonderful place if you have loads of money. I'm a native New Yorker, but I relocated to the Washington, DC suburbs. I've been here since '97, but I make the trip to NYC every 8-10 weeks or so to visit my mom. It's a bit slower, but overall I love it here.

7. GAmomlisa

Yeah, thats probably the only reason I havent just packed up and moved to NY, you basically have to be a millionaire to live there! I like DC too! I used to go there quite often way back when I was married

8. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Well hello there!

9. GAmomlisa

Hahahaha well thanks for the greeting :)

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site. Your contributions are welcome on this or any other forum.

11. Soulthinker

It had been 30 years since I had lived there. No question in Gwinett Co has changed a whole lot and Jimmy Carter Blvd is so jamed packed with traffic it takes a hour or two to get to the city.

12. GAmomlisa

Oh no doubt it has gotten so built up! I go through Gwinnett all the time, Im in Hall. With traffic it can easily be a few hours into the city!

13. Soulthinker

Where I once lived there was a two lane road and lots of shopping centers along with some neighborhoods and apartments. I would not recognize it today since some are torn down and rebuilt.

14. Soulthinker

I once lived in Norcross and boy like I said before it has changed a whole lot.

15. GAmomlisa

Yeah, Atlanta has really been taking off! Largely due to many african americans from up north moving down here

16. Soulthinker

No doubt about it. It is still a mecca for Black Americans from up North and elsewhere. If a brother or sister is livin large or extra large it is indeed their oyster.

17. Soulthinker

At night I still listen to WSB radio for the Clark Howard Show. It used to repeat in the evenings where I live in Raleigh but not anymore. Plus,to hear the news from Atlanta is still interesting even not setting foot there in 30 years.

18. GAmomlisa

Hey, if a bunch of successful black men from around the country want to come to Atlanta, I'm not gonna talk them out of it! Hahaha

19. Soulthinker

No doubt you won't since it would be strong competition from where you once lived. Are you from NYC? If so it is tough to date there.

20. GAmomlisa

Nope, lived in GA my whole life. I go to NYC a lot though! I can imagine how tough dating is there!