Negative descriptions of women and rude ways of expressing dislikes or tastes

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by missshyness, Apr 13, 2019.

1. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

This may not be popular or some may find this thread strange. While browsing the forum, my fingers must have missed something on my tablet, and by mistake, I opened the read heads thread in the mens section. The photos of the women were very pretty no doubt, that was not my issue. My issue was the options in the poll, and for the dislike option, was the description of a read head looking like a used tampon. Now I know this poll might be old, and was made a while ago, and some may say I don't belong there, but this is an open forum, and that description struck a negative cord in me, and feel the need to put this out there.

It also points out to a bigger problem with some people, that when they don't like something, they cannot just say nope, and move on, but they have to be nasty and rude, I have seen this in numerous threads when discussing heavier women and those who don't like them. It is a similar thing here, it was not enough to have a simple no thanks option for not digging redheads, but what to me is a very misogynistic and rude disrespectful way to describe a woman, and misogynistic attitude to the natural process of mensuration, and showed a total lack of regard for women in general and no thought at all to how they express themselves.

Now some might say, why the heck is she picking on something like this, but to me, just because it is in the mens section does not mean it was ok to have that to me is very disrespectful description, so no I cant lighten up on this, and I am trying to explain why.

Also some might say this is all my problem and in my head, but to me it showed a very ignorant and outdated attitude towards women and of mensuration as a taboo and gross thing. For a long time, women have been disparaged for having periods, and was a point for men to disregard them, and make fun of them, but it is a natural process and as such, I think that since it is the 21st century, we would think people would understand that now, and be more evolved in attitudes.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. missshyness

:D:cool:, yeah, thats what I thought, folks here would probably not get where where I am coming from, sort of typical of this forum.

It is not suspect, I was looking at the different sections on this forum, and I do peek into the mens section, it is no locked off, like i said this is an open forum. So, I just clicked on a thread, and that was the one I found the poll on.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

LOL, I'm just giving your shit. The "used tampon" thing was out of line, I agree. Considering some of the terribly jacked up things people have said or threatened to do on this forum, oddly enough, the used tampon is actually tame in comparison. But, it still is a messed up thing to say (although I think it was meant as an extreme joke).

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm glad you spoke out. There are guys here that do have more evolved attitudes and I hope you and other ladies that come her associate yourselves with us more. Two of us are speaking to you now. :)

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, sometimes folks use crude, disgusting, and disrespectful words when referring to the opposite gender, but I don't think that was the intention of the poll creator. He tends to post things like that for shock value; posting gross comments, links, photos, etc. to get a reaction is his thing. He actually created the thread because he's into redheads.

I agree that it's a gross description and there's no need to hate on anyone when generally discussing likes and dislikes, BUT I also understand that locker room talk is to be expected when you venture into the other gender's locker room. Sometimes it's just a bit of a shock to people when they hear things put in ways they usually aren't expressed in mixed company. That's not to say that anything goes and shit can't be taken too far, but most folks don't use 'it's just locker room talk' as an excuse to attack/bait/troll other people.

There's no rule that says the Men's Locker Room or the Ladies Room are off limits to anyone, so there's no need to explain yourself. Like the Webmaster said, those forums aren't gender restricted; the women/men can post there as long they respect the Men's/Ladies' space.

Yes, misogyny is a problem. Just like all types of contempt and prejudice against people based on gender, race, ethnicity, class, sexuality, weight, etc., it's typically due to ignorance and a general lack of respect for people. Unfortunately too many people never grow out of that jacked-up mentality. It is so ingrained they choose (even if it's not a conscious choice) to stay ignorant and pass their ignorance on, which makes it a never-ending cycle. They refuse to be educated, so it's a waste of time trying to school them.

Sometimes it's just a matter of immaturity. Thankfully a lot of folks learn and evolve into decent people who respect, care about, and are mindful of their fellow human beings. These are the ones who are open to listening, learning, and improving, and who don't get defensive or go on the attack when people speak up about issues.

7. missshyness

Thank you all, I feel better knowing this, at least I know I was not the odd one yelling from a far off cliff, or just being over sensitive.

I don't intend to cause drama, but I do get strong feelings about some things and the way I express them might come out in an odd or different way.

8. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Redheads often have the most gorgeous white skin out of us all, so I am actually surprised so many here doesn't like that.