Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

2. darkcurry

After all these IR holiday commercials we finally get another IR holiday movie.

Vanessa Hudgens and Nick Sagar in The Princess Switch

I just wanted to note that Nick Sagar is half Jamaican and half Guyanese. Because that is the third person I seen this year that has that mixture and they all look alike. lol.

3. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Just saw Overlord this Sunday. Look if you don't want to read more don't read the spoiler below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So the main guy in this movie is black and they make it clear that he and the main woman who is French have feelings for each other. There is a lot of romantic tension from them and they have a few scenes where she is caught lingering at him, but the movie doesn't go full on kiss I'm guessing either because of studio interference or what I've heard from some is that Overlord is meant to be the start of a franchise and they're going to go on more horror hunting in WWII Europe. Even though they stay with tradition of action horror of little romance they do slow things down a few moments to show the bond they have for each other. Though I heard this older white couple complain after the movie that she should have in her own words "I wouldn't have been able to control myself you gotta jump his bones after he saved your life." so lol

4. darkcurry

I seen this movie and I would compare the dynamics of their relationship to Taye Diggs and Ali larter in House On Haunted Hill.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I can't believe I forgot to post about this @The Dark King. Lifetime aired a new christmas movie last night starting the cast of "One Tree Hill" called "The Christmas Contract". It's been heavily promoted by the media this year since it was announced in June:

Anyways, Antwon Tanner (The brotha who played Skills on OTH) plays Danneel Ackles' (The chick who played Rachel on OTH) Husband in this movie. Here's a promotional pic & commercial:

[​IMG]

6. darkcurry

I didn't hear anything about it while all that promotion was going on, but I did see promos on TV leading up to it. I just thought the black guy was a token friend.

7. ColiBreh1

Just Google something like "Lifetime One Tree Hill" or "The Christmas Contract". A bunch of articles & interviews will pop up. My Google Chrome homepage on mobile has been filled with headlines of articles & interviews about this movie. It's possible since I've watched a ton of CW/WB dramas over the years (including OTH), Google knew to target me with these headlines.

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Does this count? I think Hudgens is half black.

9. ColiBreh1

WTF??!! That can't be right.

10. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

No, she's half-Filipino.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I stand corrected.

12. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Don't worry bruh, I only know that offhand because I saw some interview that she did back in the day when the first High School Musical came out.

She's got that racially ambiguous thing going on. With people like that, you never know unless you know.

13. ColiBreh1

So.....I keeping see clips from the music video of Post Malone & Swae Lee's "Sunflower", which is from the soundtrack of the upcoming "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse" animated film, whenever I watch Billboard countdowns on YouTube:

Who is the blonde love interest? I just looked up the cast on Wikipedia & the only person it could be is Gwen Stacey. Is Gwen Stacey also Miles Morales' love interest in the comics too? WTF.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, they have been paired up in the comics, in an alternate future they even got married and had kids

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Elklodge

I knew about their love in the comics but it wasn't until this music video I realized the movie was going to touch on that. Honestly even before I knew that I was super excited to see this film. The art style is gorgeous and unique.

16. darkcurry

I knew they were I just didn't think that the movie would go there. In the trailers the relationship looks VERY platonic, so maybe it's just the video making it appear that way?

17. ColiBreh1

I wasn't planning on checking for "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse" because I normally don't care for 3D CGI animation, but I'll make an exception for this movie.

Are Miles & Gwen together in the Ultimate universe? Because obviously they ain't together in the mainstream marvel universe.

18. Elklodge

They may be setting up a sequel of some sort, something to kind of hint at and then show later I mean this is a music video about love, but it seems they took clips from the movie and splashed it with this. Hard to say, but I have a feeling at the very least the movie will hint at it for future installments. Miles and Gwen love each other so much in the comics they wouldn't even let dimensions separate them lol.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's both actually, they came from separate universes but their relationship developed when they met in the mainstream universe.

20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Julia Roberts and her onscreen husband, Courtney B. Vance, and their "kids" , Mia Fowler and Jakari Fraser, @ the Ben Is Back premiere in NYC 12/03/2018. The film opens Friday, December 7, 2018.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]