Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. glassesjacket24

glassesjacket24 New Member

The spectacular now

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw it too. I enjoyed the movie overall but I believe people blew up the love story arch because it didn't play out like they were lovers just flirty with each other and even that was meh. All I'll say is it didn't fit in with the story. Felt like it was JUST added.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. darkcurry

I seen the trailer to that movie and didn't even catch that she had a black love interest in it. But the flick looks and sounded cheesy all together.
    [​IMG]

4. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Brie Larson was in "The Spectacular Now"? I don't remember that.

EDIT:

"The Spectacular Now" came out in 2013. She wasn't a big name film actress back than like she is 2019, so that's probably why I don't remember her in the film.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  7. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Nick Fury is smashing Maria Hill.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Hmmm.......you might be right, he could have been smashing Black Widow too, just judging by how tore-up they both were when they thought he died in The Winter Soldier, at the time I assumed he was like their father, but maybe instead he was their daddy.

9. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Tiny spoiler here but
    In Captain Marvel Nick Fury says that nobody calls him "Nick" nobody not even his mother. And yet during end credits of Infinity War Maria Hill calls him Nick three times.
    After learning that and watching that scene it's pretty clear to me they gettin busy

10. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

If nothing went down on film between them it didn't happen. Rule of law.

11. darkcurry

That's the MCU in a nutshell. They rarely ever do relationships and If they do it's very small and subtle.

They hinted at him and Maria Hill in Age Of Ultron as well.

One thing I'm looking forward to seeing in Endgame is how are they going to approach it when Carol Danvers meets James Rhodes.

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'll save you the suspense. They'll skip any hint of a reference that they dated in the comics. Aside from the usual reasons, the age gap alone is excuse enough for them to avoid it.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. darkcurry

There really isn't a age gap being as though it's been about 24 years since she's been on earth. I don't know why keep missing that part, but Captain Marvel have to be close to her 50s now. She just didn't age physically.

• List
  14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

A good point. But we're not dealing with logical thinkers on this. I for one would love to see them together. Although it's also possible that War Machine will exit the series with Iron Man. They may want to match her with someone who'll be around for future films.

Also, I believe there's already a drive to pair her up with Valkyrie. The actresses themselves are pushing it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I'm at the Full Frame film festival to watch a doc about Miles Davis. Looked forward on mentioned on Julie Greco and the Jack Johnson soundtrack .

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw the doc and it did had a interview of Ms.Greco. l did not know he had another WW in the last years of his life . In between it was BW of different shades.

17. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I'm going to be honest with you. Every black man that has ever tried to convince me to date black women, or made some comment about me dating non black women, or felt that I wasn't black enough and needed a black woman to level me out, etc. always had a black girlfriend or wife... That they cheated on with a different black woman. Just my experience.

18. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Watched this late last night . . . the pics are zoo misleading. He wasn't doing anything more than some tantric breathing exercise as he prepared to push up but no smash session was ever shown between them. The white guys by contrast both got humping & pumping in their sex scenes which were far more explicitly nude and nasty :(

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. darkcurry

It's only important if he is just as less or more important to the movie as the white guys. If it's just about equal or he is more important then them going further with her on screen white lovers is sketchy. I'll use Hell's Kitchen for example with Angelina Jolie and Mekhi Phifer. Their relationship was more important than the white guys she was with, but they(purposely) gave the scenes of intimacy to the white guy.
    [​IMG]

20. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

That marriage carriage pic must be from a post credit scene because I'm certain it was NOT portrayed in the movie between Angelina & Mekhi. "Hell's Kitchen ends at a prison mental hospital and then roll end credits . . .

For the Emma & Jay part . . . he is only in a short bit as a last minute replacement Emma got called into fill at work. They flirt and go out afterwards for drinks . So after he ALLEGEDLY had sex with her he left her apartment and the movie altogether

I was hoping he played a more major role but it was only a bit part. That IR pic was so irritatingly misleading because they cut away before he even begins to fuck her. He then dressed and left . . . the vanilla sex scenes were substantially more explicit concerning the Caucasians. I'm insulted honestly lol

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List