Mammoth could be reborn in four years.

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by Kushton Slater, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Kushton Slater

Kushton Slater New Member

2. FRESH

FRESH New Member

We all remember what happened at the end of those Jurassic Park movies, exactly.:smt071:smt100

3. Max Mosley

Max Mosley Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

Just be cause you can, doesn't mean you should.

Sometimes I think scientists have their heads too far up their own backsides to see the world around them. Nature got rid of mammoths, bringing them back is idiotic and purely selfish. Why not bring back species that were made extinct by man? How about we try that instead? Geezuz, this shit just bites the big one.

5. Redeemed One Jr

Redeemed One Jr Active Member

As much as I think the Mammoth should stay gone, dead and remembered for the period it roamed this Earth. It would be pretty cool to visit some exotic Zoo someday where I could see pre-historic animals.

6. FRESH

FRESH New Member

albeit it would be pretty cool, e past is the past, because it has pasted. The past isn't as cool if it can be drudged up all he time.

7. NCBradin

NCBradin New Member

Pay attention to what my friend just said on another thread.

I do agree with him, to be honest with you guys. They should just stay extinct, period.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Here's the interesting thing about that way of thinking. Cloning is wrong because it messes with the natural order right? So then what about finding cures and treatment for disease. If we followed your way of thinking we should allow those who can't fight disease to die and those who are naturally strong enough to fight off the disease should live.

I don't think they want to clone mammoths to restore their population but maybe to see what we can learn. My only problem with restoring prehistoric organisms is the chance they might introduce human beings to bacteria they haven't had to fight off for eons. The work sounds interesting and I'm all for cloning, I see no problem with self replicating for organ harvesting or even to have deeper understandings of how we work.

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Sam took a "L" shortly after that too.:smt042

10. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Interesting, however, I think more effort should be made to genectically engineer a new breed of human being. Ever saw the movie "Demon Seed"?

11. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Gattaca

[youtube]o7OYCmynrRU[/youtube]

12. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Man needs to quit playing God & leave shit alone.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Whatever. You hardcore Christians wouldn't call it playing God if your kid needed a new heart or simply needed antibiotics to get rid of an infection. So why is this any different?

14. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Maybe we should just concentrate on saving the animals we do have.
    Like the Rhino.