Lisa Lampanelli Talks About Dating Black Guys

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Kid Rasta, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

I think you got it twisted. She clearly states in her stand-up comedy routine that Black men prefer women with badonkadonk. Which is mostly based on fact.

The Kid Rasta:cool:

2. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

You really think she's disgusting??? I mean, she's no supermodel...but, she ain't disgusting.

The Kid Rasta:cool:

3. Max Mosley

Max Mosley Well-Known Member

No doubt... And Personally, im not outraged...just smart enough to know who the joke is toward.

4. raocha

raocha Active Member

Man, I don't care for her this woman's brand of comedy, and that's my opinion. You're telling that I'm out of line for spending a grand total of four or five minutes total typing up posts on this particular subject because there are other demeaning representations of black people in the entertainment industry (which, for the record, I don't support either)?

Yeah, okay dude. :roll: Why don't you keep the condescending, self-righteous bullshit to yourself?

5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

No, did not get it twisted, I was referring to interviews she has done, not her comedy act, I have no problem with her stating what you say above, there certainly is a percentage of all men who like a bigger woman and more power to them if that is their preference. I was speaking about her comments that to me were perpetuating the "well I am fat and unattractive, so I will have to lower myself to date black guys, because nobody else will have me" (her words, not mine) stereotype.

6. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Y'all should check out Ralphie May. that dude is hella funny. He'll crack on races for days. And he cracks on himself all the time too. Love that fool.

7. raocha

raocha Active Member

I didn't describe her as disgusting. That's how I characterized her representation of herself.

8. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

There seems to be a disconnect between my post and your reply. They don't seem to have anything to do with each other. Please don't project your insecurity over this issue onto me. Thanks :D

9. z

z Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Conerned White Man

So here's a tip bro. Instead of sitting around complaining about a stupid fucking comedian and women you'll never get, why don't you get off your lazy black ass and better yourself. I know it will be hard because you people love to complain about everything and anything but in the end you'll be better for it. Trust me.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You are a perfect example to Why abortion should be legal.

10. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

Here is the problem:

WM don't want big girls...that automatically means that big girls are not as good.

What that implies is that we as BM have to base our tastes and preferences on what WM desire. That if a WM says someone is worthless...they must be worthless.

However...Lampinelli's remarks don't hit the spot right...she is playing into a lot of old bullcrap...but I don't have to have a WM's approval to decide if a woman is attractive. I wonder though if she would still be as eager to date bruhs if she was smaller.

11. Malik True

Malik True New Member

Roacha
    I understand what she's insinuating but ask the dudes that date BWW if they feel they are bottom feeding. I bet you they'll tell you no.
    If that's their preference or if that's the best they can't get why is that a problem? Analyze though what she's stating, the bottom line is there's truth to her statements.
    As for her statements being applicable to me the answer is no. My wife is very attractive, Russian, tall, goes to the gym and sexy as hell...

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Once again Malik, Rachoa was agreeing with me, we both were NOT making any commentary whatsoever on bigger women, we have both said that body preference is an individual thing and is nobody else's business. What we are objecting to is that in our opinion, her comments perpetuate a stereotype of black men being the last resort of "self described" bottom of the barrel women, *she* is the one who said "I'm fat and unattractive and no other men will have me so I will *have* to start dating the Blacks"
    That is the attitude we are finding offensive, not her dress size or whether the Black men she is with are indeed happy being with her. For her sake I hope she and whoever she is dating are in fact happy, I/we just object to the stereotypical thinking that we as Black men are a last resort rather than a viable option to begin with.

13. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

thats funny right dere

14. Patterson

Patterson New Member

Well said, but I think some people don't want to hear the truth and are ok with being at the bottom of the barrel.smh

15. raocha

raocha Active Member

Not really. You were going on about how anyone who took issue with Lisa Lampanelli's comedy should be more concerned with other with issues facing black people as if it is impossible to proffer a critical opinion on more than subject at a time, and I was one of the people who voiced my distaste for Ms. Lampanelli's act n this thread. I think that's a pretty clear connection.

16. raocha

raocha Active Member

I was going to respond to this in detail; however, it seems that Loki has already done my work for me.

17. scott1618

scott1618 Active Member

Loki nailed it.

A certain group of women think like this -At least Lisa L is bold enough to admit her views/reasoning.

She's gross.

18. malikom

malikom Banned

Smartest brother ever to grace this forum

19. imnotaplaya

imnotaplaya New Member

Wow. This entire thread is one of the most insightful discussions on race that I've read in some time. Not exactly what I expected when I came here. Thanks for the passionate exchange of ideas.

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

So that's what we do here?! :p:D