LeBron James and the Lakers agree to 4-year deal worth $154M

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tony Soprano, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I swear I hate being a Knicks fan sometimes

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Damn the western conference is way too powerful now. On the bright side, it means the OKC thunder probably won't get to the finals for a very long time.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Sixers was robbed :(

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I totally understand why they (the big names) avoid the Knicks like the plague. IMO, the Knicks need to start over from top to bottom, including a new owner

6. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I am so happy I am a rugby fan and doesn't care for basket ball.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Even though I don't get that much into sports I'am a longtime Lakers fan this is good news. Still have to see if this works out when the season starts. Remember he is now in the Western Conference with Golden State, Houston, OKC and of course the Spurs are always a pretty good team. There is more competition in the West than the East. Do they have enough around him? I like our young players especially Ingram and the Stephenson signing but is it enough to contend.

8. The Dark King

I keep hoping things turn around like it did for Boston.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It better be for $154 mill. Plus he just bought a 30 mil house in L.A.
    What a life eh, still be like a kid and play sports and have gazillions to show for it. Not unlike singers/musicians. What.A.Life.

10. DudeNY12

Agreed! I think the best they can hope for is starting over with a youth movement (like the 76ers). At this point, if they had a decent front office... I'd even say they should trade KP6, and truly start over. They'd also need good people in place who can get good young talent, and develop them while also fixing their salary cap issue over time.

My thinking is that if they got someone like Leonard from San Antonio... He's a great piece to have in terms of being a legit contender.

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I'll bet James Dolan is the #1 reason for that. The Phil Jackson experiment didn't help either. Smh

12. The Dark King

Man listen that Allen Houston deal has messed us up for generation

13. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Lmao!! I always said regarding Allen Houston that the Knicks paid way too much for a guy who could never create his own shot.

14. DudeNY12

Yeah, that was a total train wreck of a train that was already wrecked.

Yup! Too many of these deals which is why they're still in a bad place regarding salary cap space.

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator